MEM/NJN/ATL - Rubio/Harris/Horford

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

MEM/NJN/ATL - Rubio/Harris/Horford 

Post#1 » by Harry10 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 pm

NJN gets: Ricky Rubio, Darko Milicic (1yr contract)
NJN gives: Devin Harris, Jarvis Hayes (1yr contract)

MEM gets: Al Horford, Speedy Claxton (1yr contract)
MEM gives: Ricky Rubio, Darko Milicic (1yr contract)

ATL gets: Devin Harris, Jarvis Hayes (1yr contract)
ATL gives: Al Horford, Speedy Claxton (1yr contract)

MEM wants Griffin, but can't get him, so Griz get another young quality PF

NJN gives up a really good PG, but gets a good young PG on a rookie contract along with a big expirering contract. this will give the Nets even more room to get Lebron and Bosh and still have a quality young PG. Rubio and his agent should be very very happy in going to such a huge market in New Jersey.

ATL trades away their starting center, but gets a very good PG. with Bibby gone, Hawks might have enough to get a center in FA, or trade for Kaman, or Mullen at the 19th pick.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: MEM/NJN/ATL - Rubio/Harris/Horford 

Post#2 » by princeofpalace » Sat May 23, 2009 2:07 pm

I see no reason why NJ does this. They already have a top 5 PG- Rubio may never get to that level.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Sat May 23, 2009 2:08 pm

^^ Ditto. Why give up a top-5 PG for a potential top-5 PG?
Harry10
Banned User

Post#4 » by Harry10 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 pm

gswhoops wrote:^^ Ditto. Why give up a top-5 PG for a potential top-5 PG?

cap space along with the Euro market, Nets already have a piece of the China market with Yi.

but yeah, i have watched Rubio, i think he is going to be a bust. i don't understand what all the hype is about.
amk482
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by amk482 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Nets say no thanks for same reasons already noted. Harris would only be making $3M more per year than Rubio on his rookie deal anyway.
memgrizzlies
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by memgrizzlies » Sat May 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Harry10 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:^^ Ditto. Why give up a top-5 PG for a potential top-5 PG?

cap space along with the Euro market, Nets already have a piece of the China market with Yi.

but yeah, i have watched Rubio, i think he is going to be a bust. i don't understand what all the hype is about.

What? Is anybody else getting the feeling that this guy has no clue what he's talking about? Have you ever actually seen this guy play? He's getting this kind of hype because he has shown signs of being a Top-5 PG in the league. You don't get hype for just the hell of it. Wow...

And also, if you thought he was going to be such a "bust", then why on Earth would you trade him for one of the best PGs in the league? That also shows that you have no clue what you're talking about...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 pm

I was seriously about to soil my pants, if this trade was about Rubio AND Horford for Harris. I was prepared to add anything, ANYTHING except for Brook. You want our lotto pick this year? You got it. How about the DAL '10 1st? You want that too? Just PLEASE give me a core of Rubio, Horford and Lopez!

But for just Rubio? Eh, I do feel he has a good shot to be better than Devin, but as others have mentioned, the opportunity cost is too great for the Nets. We'll stick with what we have.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Harry10
Banned User

Post#8 » by Harry10 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:31 am

^^^ depends on which side of the fence you are on the Rubio hype........ is he the next Jason Kidd? or are you like me, who thinks Ricky is a poor man's Shawn Livingston.

but anyway, if you are one of the people who 6 months ago, who thought that Rubio is better than Derrick Rose, then why would that hurt in getting FAs? wouldn't that even help more?

BTW; Harris is top 5?..... you really don't think that much of Rose, Billups, or Parker?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#9 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:44 am

Devin IS better than Rose, right now. Next year, we'll see.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 24, 2009 12:58 am

No way NJ does this.

Who are your top 5 PG's Harry10?

Rose is not better then Harris. He might be eventually, but is certainly not yet.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#11 » by princeofpalace » Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 am

Harry10 wrote:^^^ depends on which side of the fence you are on the Rubio hype........ is he the next Jason Kidd? or are you like me, who thinks Ricky is a poor man's Shawn Livingston.

but anyway, if you are one of the people who 6 months ago, who thought that Rubio is better than Derrick Rose, then why would that hurt in getting FAs? wouldn't that even help more?

BTW; Harris is top 5?..... you really don't think that much of Rose, Billups, or Parker?

Rose is not top 5

Paul, Deron, Billups, Parker, Harris
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sun May 24, 2009 2:06 pm

^well that would make him top 5 if theres only 4 players in front of him..
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#13 » by Trader_Joe » Sun May 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Maybe a momentary top 5....

Paul
Parker
Williams
Billups
Arenas - @ 100%
B.Davis - @ 100%
Rondo - how quickly we forget, Rondo owns Harris
Rose - will be in about a year
Westbrook - will be in about a year

Really I love the Devin hype and hope the Nets do sell high. His defense was pathetic last year. Frank called him out on it and he admitted it. He's shoot first, he was terrible with turnovers in 4th quarters and his 3 pointer is below average. He may hover around the top 5-7 range for his prime, but I don't see him ever cracking it and become a fixture in it.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#14 » by Downtown » Sun May 24, 2009 4:32 pm

From strictly a Grizzlies point of view I'd be willing to take Al Horford in a deal involving the #2 pick. Horford plays better as a power forward than center and with Josh Smith getting all the time at power forward I think it hurt Horford. But if the Hawks want to re-sign Bibby then would they want to trade Horford for Rubio?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#15 » by Trader_Joe » Mon May 25, 2009 1:03 am

Downtown wrote:From strictly a Grizzlies point of view I'd be willing to take Al Horford in a deal involving the #2 pick. Horford plays better as a power forward than center and with Josh Smith getting all the time at power forward I think it hurt Horford. But if the Hawks want to re-sign Bibby then would they want to trade Horford for Rubio?

Horford for Rubio straight up?!
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.

Return to Trades and Transactions