Could Andrew Bynum be traded to...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 490

Re: Could Andrew Bynum be traded to... 

Post#21 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:58 am

heh, if gs were to offer any package w/ biedrins, LA would be silly not to jump on it. bynum wants to become an offensive force and pouts a lot. we want defense and rebounding and a tough attitude. no lakers center is allowed to try only on offense and not defense unless his name is Shaq.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#22 » by Coxy » Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 am

Andris Biedrins, Kellena Azubukie for Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton and Sasha Vujicic????
General Manager

Post#23 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 am

apcoxy wrote:Andris Biedrins, Kellena Azubukie for Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton and Sasha Vujicic????

u sure ur a gs fan?? that's a steal for LA.
Warspite:

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#24 » by Coxy » Mon May 25, 2009 11:01 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:
apcoxy wrote:Andris Biedrins, Kellena Azubukie for Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton and Sasha Vujicic????

u sure ur a gs fan?? that's a steal for LA.

I guess you see more in Biedrins than I do, and vice versa on Bynum.

Also, Nellie would sort Bynum little attitude problem out as soon as he arrived. :wink:
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 am

Bynum's overrated. He has a nice game here or there...but Laker fans have made him out to be Wilt Chamberlain part 2 for too long. I'm not fooled. He's nothing more than an above average center for his career.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#26 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 am

Honestly you gotta think about it though. What is better for the Lakers, trading Bynum and being able to keep both Odom and Ariza, along with whatever players Bynum can grab, or keeping one of the two and Bynum. I still think a trade to Chicago for something like Brad Miller and Ben Gordon would be a great deal for both teams. Obviously something else would have to be included to make it work, maybe throw in Morrison's deal or something. Chicago gets a big man and LA gets the perfect point guard for the triangle, Gordon is a very good defender when hes up against guys his size, but when he has to play bigger guys at the 2 spot, he struggles. Miller can come in and play some of Bynum's minutes in the front court. What team is better?

Fisher/Farmar/Brown
Kobe/Vujacic
Odom or Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Free Agent?

or

Gordon/Farmar/Fisher
Kobe/Vujacic
Ariza/Walton
Odom/Free Agent?
Gasol/Miller

The Lakers are always criticized about not being tough enough, well Bynum obviously doesn't help in that department or else the Lakers would be dominating everyone in the playoffs. If they can't get toughness, they might as well get even more talented and hope they can ride that to the finals.
General Manager

Post#27 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 am

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:I still think a trade to Chicago for something like Brad Miller and Ben Gordon would be a great deal for both teams.

:lol: :roll:

i love bulls fans. pure comic relief. i rmr when kobe was on the block and y'all didn't even want to give up luol deng!!

seriously though, stop posting trade ideas.
Warspite:

Smills91
Banned User

Post#28 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:jeff green isn't close to being worth andrew bynum. give me a break. the hawks' offer of horford + filler is interesting.

You're right Jeff Green should be worth more than this.
General Manager

Post#29 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Smills91 wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:jeff green isn't close to being worth andrew bynum. give me a break. the hawks' offer of horford + filler is interesting.

You're right Jeff Green should be worth more than this.

you have no idea what bynum is worth. you've been hating for the last 3 years. no nba GM thinks he's worth what you think he's worth, so your opinion is worthless.
Warspite:

dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#30 » by dantian » Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Shaq is 3rd team All-NBA, and has 3 good years left. How about Shaq/Lopez for Bynum and Odem sign-and-trade. ;)
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#31 » by Leto » Mon May 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:
legacyinthemakin89c wrote:I still think a trade to Chicago for something like Brad Miller and Ben Gordon would be a great deal for both teams.

:lol: :roll:

i love bulls fans. pure comic relief. i rmr when kobe was on the block and y'all didn't even want to give up luol deng!!

seriously though, stop posting trade ideas.

I've never seen a Bulls fan with a Piston's avatar of Rodney Stuckey. I bet you're feeling pretty smart about right now :lol:
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#32 » by Leto » Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 pm

I think Bynum gets paid about 12.5 mil next year. The Lakers don't need much but they do need a PG who can defend. That's been their achilles heel. I think the most they'll get for Bynum is a starting quality PG and maybe a prospect PF/C and a 1st rounder.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,066

Post#33 » by bstein14 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Detroit trades:
Sheed(2 year $4 million per)
Dice(2 year, $2 million per)
Iverson (2 years $5 million per)
Prince

Detroit receives:
Bynum
Odom(4 years $36 million)

Lakers gain size and experience to help Kobe win now.

C:Sheed/Dice
PF:Gasol/MLE FA
SF:Prince/Ariza
SG:Kobe/Sasha
PG:Iverson/Fisher
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#34 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Haven't really heard too much from Laker faithful on the following...

First, I'm not sure if there's a real problem with Bynum & Jackson or if it's just growing pains. Any Laker fans know?

Second, given Kobe Bryants age the Lakers' window of opportunity is now. But if Bynum isn't going to be a significant contributer to winning now, wouldn't it make sense to deal him for either win now veterans or at least prospects/picks?

Third, will the Lakers luxury tax issues effect any of these decisions?
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#35 » by qclakers » Mon May 25, 2009 4:11 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:Haven't really heard too much from Laker faithful on the following...

First, I'm not sure if there's a real problem with Bynum & Jackson or if it's just growing pains. Any Laker fans know?

Second, given Kobe Bryants age the Lakers' window of opportunity is now. But if Bynum isn't going to be a significant contributer to winning now, wouldn't it make sense to deal him for either win now veterans or at least prospects/picks?

Third, will the Lakers luxury tax issues effect any of these decisions?

OK as a Lakers fanatic let me clear up a few things.
1. It is not a real rift w/ Phil. Just typical Phil sending a message and Bynum is not back to himself yet from his injury. it takes bigs awhile to get back to form from leg injuries. At the beginning of the year it took him a long time to get his confidence back, but when he did he started to dominate.
2. That being said I hink they would be willing to listen to offers but as one poster said it will take one heck of an offer. Also to those saying that a trade with OKC would open up cap room to sign another free agent? That is not true. They could give away Bynum and Ammo and still be over the cap. So Free agency is not an option except their exception.
3. The luxury tax is always on their mind because the Buss family makes most of their dough off the Lakers. However if it makes them better and more likely to win championships they will do it. They make a boatload of cash off deep playoff runs so it evens it out.
4. I could potentially see CHI as a potential trading partner but it would probably be something like Bynum and Ammo and maybe Farmar for Miller, Tyrus and Hinrich and maybe Salmons or the #16. Like I said it will heve to be a very good offer. This deal would at least make the Lakers deeper, tougher and better defensively.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#36 » by jgustav1 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:20 pm

The Clippers would offer Kaman, Ricky Davis and a lottery protected future 1st for Bynum.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,735

Post#37 » by dockingsched » Mon May 25, 2009 4:20 pm

lakers wouldn't trade bynum for any of the packages mentioned. people overreact way too much around here.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
daddyfivestar
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#38 » by daddyfivestar » Mon May 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Smills91 wrote:Bynum's overrated. He has a nice game here or there...but Laker fans have made him out to be Wilt Chamberlain part 2 for too long. I'm not fooled. He's nothing more than an above average center for his career.

Actually the Lakers were hoping for a Duncan but would take a Chief. Wilt never came into the conversation.

here or there? Over 25 games earlier this season he averaged 18.5 and 9 with 2 blocks. Last year he had a similar stretch with 18, 10 and 2.5.

A legit 7-footer at 21 yrs old who has shown that kind of promise is only being moved for a star in return. Both of his injuries were fluky, first Odom's big foot in his landing space, then Kobe rolling into him.

He's in his first pressure situation at 21, not getting any break on calls, and not handling it well. But that doesn't mean he's not the guy LA is handing the team over to when Kobe retires. He will only be moved for a star player.

smills, you've always been a hater, but you do have the best sig on rgm.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,790

Post#39 » by gswhoops » Mon May 25, 2009 4:26 pm

No thank you. Bynum's injury concerns scare me too much and Luke/Sasha's contracts suck.

If we did want to make a move on Bynum, we should just offer Biedrins straight up and see what they do. I doubt they get a better offer, frankly.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#40 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:53 pm

dcash4 wrote:lakers couldn't trade bynum for any of the packages mentioned. Laker fans overrate Bynum way too much around here.

Fixed.

Return to Trades and Transactions