ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 2 - Heat vs Spurs - 13th October @ 7:30pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Re: Preseason Game 2 - Heat vs Spurs - 13th October @ 7:30pm 

Post#41 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:15 pm

insfo wrote:
gom wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
From everything weve heard on the people who were watching camp, he had a bad camp, and underperformed on all the things he was supposed to improve.

Who are "the people who were watching camp"? About the only voice I trust at this point is Brady Hawk. Anyway, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Cain is only going to be a bench player and that's fine. Last night he got the job though.

I know!! It's like we have some unreasonable target where it looks like Jimmy's expectations and not Cain .. and then we are complaining he's been disappointing??

ICC, would like to read these underperformance reports, so can you please link them? I'm not saying he's great, but he's just a role player whose job is to stay in front of his man when on defense and hit the corner 3 on offense. Seems to me like he's doing just that and at a good clip too!

Id have to go back and find which of the Podcast to link them. I listened to the review about him at the end of training camp. It was a 5RSN podcast towards the end of camp where they detailed all the questions they asked the coaching staff. The overall outcome was that Cain did not stand out, in fact there was some concern that he didn't look like he had improved any parts of his game since the last time he was in front of the coaches. There were a lot of good things said for many of the other players but it was a quiet front on anything Cain, zero buzz. Anthony Chiang also has a camp report that showed Cain at the very bottom on improvements.

I do agree all we need from Cain is 3point shooting, good defense from his position. Looking around the roster were very deep at his position he would have to outshine players like JJJ, Highsmith who are sitting on the 9-11 man rotation number. Somebody like Cole Swider has an easier opportunity to make the team due to his shooting, and the fact Miami would like to take another movement shooter. If Cain had handles and some sort of passing instincts he would also probably make the team as a backup PG.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Re: Preseason Game 2 - Heat vs Spurs - 13th October @ 7:30pm 

Post#42 » by gom » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:48 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
insfo wrote:
gom wrote:

Who are "the people who were watching camp"? About the only voice I trust at this point is Brady Hawk. Anyway, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Cain is only going to be a bench player and that's fine. Last night he got the job though.

I know!! It's like we have some unreasonable target where it looks like Jimmy's expectations and not Cain .. and then we are complaining he's been disappointing??

ICC, would like to read these underperformance reports, so can you please link them? I'm not saying he's great, but he's just a role player whose job is to stay in front of his man when on defense and hit the corner 3 on offense. Seems to me like he's doing just that and at a good clip too!

Id have to go back and find which of the Podcast to link them. I listened to the review about him at the end of training camp. It was a 5RSN podcast towards the end of camp where they detailed all the questions they asked the coaching staff. The overall outcome was that Cain did not stand out, in fact there was some concern that he didn't look like he had improved any parts of his game since the last time he was in front of the coaches. There were a lot of good things said for many of the other players but it was a quiet front on anything Cain, zero buzz. Anthony Chiang also has a camp report that showed Cain at the very bottom on improvements.

I do agree all we need from Cain is 3point shooting, good defense from his position. Looking around the roster were very deep at his position he would have to outshine players like JJJ, Highsmith who are sitting on the 9-11 man rotation number. Somebody like Cole Swider has an easier opportunity to make the team due to his shooting, and the fact Miami would like to take another movement shooter. If Cain had handles and some sort of passing instincts he would also probably make the team as a backup PG.

Don't do that, ICC. It sounds painful.

Here's what Spo had to say (from Miami Herald):

“He really competed and played hard,” Erik Spoelstra said. “It’s satisfying to see. He’s put in so much time in the last year. His effort and attention to details defensively have gotten a lot better.

“When you put that much effort in and do all the right things on that end of the floor, the ball seems to find you on the other side of the floor. Everyone is really happy for him.”

Cain hit 9 of 14 shots from the field and 6 for 8 on threes.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article280531599.html
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat