ImageImageImage

AGAINN, HEEAT V. C'S, PRESSURE COOK, 10/27, 7:30PM!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

contract
RealGM
And1: 21,052

Re: AGAINN, HEEAT V. C'S, PRESSURE COOK, 10/27, 7:30PM!!!! 

Post#401 » by contract » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:16 pm

Wiltside wrote:If we aren’t going to play Jovic and build him up during the regular season, we may as well look to trade him for a legit 4 that can start and defend.

Super disappointed that Spo can’t find time for him, particularly alongside Edrice. They should be a match made in heaven. Instead, Jovic is beyond Yurt’d and won’t see any time again.

Spo is a fantastic coach, but his tendency to overrate the Gabe Vincent’s, Max Strus’, Dru Smith’s, Haywood Highsmith’s, Yakouba Diawara’s of the world is mind boggling. Particularly when you have a 4 that started for his team in the World Cup sitting there.

I'll ask the same question I always ask when this type of complaint comes up ... Is there a long list of guys that Spo "wouldn't play" that have gone on to success elsewhere? For whatever reason it's easier for fans to believe that Spo simply doesn't want to play a good player, than it is to believe that maybe that guy just isn't that good, or that he doesn't do the little things that you need players to do so that you can rely on them.

I can't tell you why Jovic isn't getting time, but I can assure you that it isn't because he's too good. I assume it has something to do with his reliability on defense, but ... :dontknow:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#402 » by NightWatch » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:40 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Jimmy coasted in for that dunk and paid dearly for it.

But that was a foul. Derrick white basically whacked his forearm. Just like Holiday did to JJJ when he went up for the dunk. Lol at ESPN not saying that was a foul.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#403 » by dolphinatik » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:21 pm

ya know what its fine and actually worse for the Celtics. They rely on complaining to the refs and begging for cheap calls and they get them. But in the playoffs they wont get them and they will be confused why and they wont win the games they think they can win. So its fine. Have this one. We will see you in the playoffs.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#404 » by Pokuokic » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:46 pm

Dru Smith from unplayable back up Euroleague player to borderline defensive 3 and D goat in the space of 1 game.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,662

Post#405 » by ajones9219 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:33 am

Umbooki wrote:
balla345 wrote:Im 100% if we didn’t have a game tomorrow we see a different game from Butler

For sure. He’s saving himself for KAT and Antman.

Was he?
ajones9219
Lead Assistant

Post#406 » by ajones9219 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:36 am

dolphinatik wrote:ya know what its fine and actually worse for the Celtics. They rely on complaining to the refs and begging for cheap calls and they get them. But in the playoffs they wont get them and they will be confused why and they wont win the games they think they can win. So its fine. Have this one. We will see you in the playoffs.

15 FTA for the Heat in the 4th vs 19 for the Celtics for the entire game. But sure the refs had a Celtics slant
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#407 » by KingDavid » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:01 pm

ajones9219 wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:ya know what its fine and actually worse for the Celtics. They rely on complaining to the refs and begging for cheap calls and they get them. But in the playoffs they wont get them and they will be confused why and they wont win the games they think they can win. So its fine. Have this one. We will see you in the playoffs.

15 FTA for the Heat in the 4th vs 19 for the Celtics for the entire game. But sure the refs had a Celtics slant

Cmon now, I'm not calling your win a ref-job, but there was some expected home cooking. Most of those blocks had illegal contact that wasn't called and we can't act like momentum doesn't matter. It is what it is. We're missing some important rotational players, played on the road, had to deal with home cooking, and your team capitalized on it. Enjoy the win. It's a long season.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant

Post#408 » by ajones9219 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:17 pm

KingDavid wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:

Cmon now, I'm not calling your win a ref-job, but there was some expected home cooking. Most of those blocks had illegal contact that wasn't called and we can't act like momentum doesn't matter. It is what it is. We're missing some important rotational players, played on the road, had to deal with home cooking, and your team capitalized on it. Enjoy the win. It's a long season.

I disagree and I'd love to debate you but i'll leave it at that because apparently my first message was flagged for trolling so I don't want to get banned.

Return to Miami Heat