ImageImageImage

Heat @ Grizz - 11/8 @ 8 pm - HEATVols compromised

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,180

Re: Heat @ Grizz - 11/8 @ 8 pm - HEATVols compromised 

Post#201 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:11 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Tylers description of his injury does not sound good.

Yeah, him saying he heard bone crunching....that sounds like bolts and rods with surgery and infusion therapy, months and then rehab, hope I am wrong.
:banghead:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#202 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:25 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is very bad....hope the X-ray and MRI prove otherwise.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#203 » by gom » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:33 pm

Injuries are part of the game, and we should be able to overcome the adversity.

Duncan Robinson will get a lot of Herro's minutes, but Jaquez and Martin could move to small forward with Butler playing more as shooting guard.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Post#204 » by Daffy » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:39 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel sorry for him, he was starting to get into a groove and prove his doubters wrong. If there is one thing he will have to continue to fight off by the end of this season is his inability to stay healthy. Unfortunately we can't continue to say his injuries could have happened to anybody but at some point when are we going to have to say his body is just not able to take the type of stress required for a long season. He is starting to give me vibes of Gordon Hayward, all this talent and just cannot stay healthy for the life of him. Hopefully this is just a Steph Curry early career with ankle issues and then it got sorted. Look at guys like Oladipo, all this talent and cannot for the life of him stay healthy his bones just don't take to stress over extended periods of time.

I wouldn't put that label on Herro yet due to how he has gotten those injuries. Freak accident diving for a loose ball. Floater in the lane and coming down on someone's foot. They literally could've happen to anybody. It's not like he was dribbling the ball in that bucks series and broke his finger or twisted his ankle last night without landing on someone. They were were injuries that could've happened to the healthiest of guys.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,324

Post#205 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:44 pm

Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel sorry for him, he was starting to get into a groove and prove his doubters wrong. If there is one thing he will have to continue to fight off by the end of this season is his inability to stay healthy. Unfortunately we can't continue to say his injuries could have happened to anybody but at some point when are we going to have to say his body is just not able to take the type of stress required for a long season. He is starting to give me vibes of Gordon Hayward, all this talent and just cannot stay healthy for the life of him. Hopefully this is just a Steph Curry early career with ankle issues and then it got sorted. Look at guys like Oladipo, all this talent and cannot for the life of him stay healthy his bones just don't take to stress over extended periods of time.

I wouldn't put that label on Herro yet due to how he has gotten those injuries. Freak accident diving for a loose ball. Floater in the lane and coming down on someone's foot. They literally could've happen to anybody. It's not like he was dribbling the ball in that bucks series and broke his finger or twisted his ankle last night without landing on someone. They were were injuries that could've happened to the healthiest of guys.

Heard a stat earlier but he’s played in barely more games than Jimmy, I think if you include the playoffs he’s played in less. And Jimmy is taking games off to rest.

If you’re always getting injured (specifically lower body for Herro) then you are injury prone. Doesn’t matter how it happens, he ALWAYS finds a way.

It’s unfortunate
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,550

Post#206 » by twix2500 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:01 pm

I thinks its more about the timing of Herros injuries. I don't consider him injury prone just that it happens in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#207 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:26 pm

If youre not available to play because of injuries, by definition youre injury prone.

His most active season was the bubble season/rookie year. Since then he has missed over double digits per season, including games in the playoffs. Missed 22 playoff games last season.

Injury prone.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,052

Post#208 » by DBurks2818 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:59 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:If youre not available to play because of injuries, by definition youre injury prone.

I agreed with everything else you said except this, even though you expanded on what you meant later in your post.

"Injury" is different from "Injury proneness". A freak accident like someone falling into your knees while taking a charge and causing a sprain, or breaking your hand while diving for a loose ball, those are just injuries. But constantly injuring parts of your body from the slightest bump or even in a non-contact manner is to be injury "prone". It is an above-average frequency to become injured in any manner (which, like you said, Tyler seems to be now).

Return to Miami Heat