ImageImageImage

Are you willing to trade Herro for this? *POLL*

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Would you pull the trigger on these Herro trades?

I don't want to give up Herro for any of these players
29%
Herro + Martin For Jerami Grant
23%
Herro For Cam Johnson + Cam Thomas
14%
Herro + Bryant For Kuzma + Delon Wright (or Tyus Jones)
11%
Herro For Wendell Carter Jr + Cole Antony
14%
I'd trade him for something else..(post in comments)
9%

Total votes: 35

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,741

Are you willing to trade Herro for this? *POLL* 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:54 pm

Wondering what the fam think, I know some are higher on him then others.

Some of these ideas may require salary filler/s or a SRP going in or out, or using a 3rd team. but you'll get the general idea of each package. I believe they're all realistic. Lauri Markkanen is not, for example.

Is it time to end the Herro era?

(You can vote for up to 2 options if you like 2 of these trades)
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,891

Re: Are you willing to trade Herro for this? *POLL* 

Post#2 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:30 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Wondering what the fam think, I know some are higher on him then others.

Some of these ideas may require salary filler/s or a SRP going in or out, or using a 3rd team. but you'll get the general idea of each package. I believe they're all realistic. Lauri Markkanen is not, for example.

I think what needs to be done Rex is taking these trades individually to there respective boards and see the response you get and report the findings. I think mostly everyone in here will agree to these trades but need to take the temp from the other side to get a real honest gauge. I've already done played devil's advocate on most of these.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,333

Post#3 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:40 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Wondering what the fam think, I know some are higher on him then others.

I think what needs to be done Rex is taking these trades individually to there respective boards and see the response you get and report the findings. I think mostly everyone in here will agree to these trades but need to take the temp from the other side to get a real honest gauge. I've already done played devil's advocate on most of these.

For your answer Rex, all the above.

To add to MWPs response, why not put in the trade forum but instead of giving these examples asking other fans what their best offer for Herro would be?
#FreeBam
VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 684

Post#4 » by VaDe255 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm

I think a Tyler trade is very unrealistic. I'd ask the Magic for Suggs and see if they are willing to move him, their value should be close. This also allows to involve the Nets and send draft capital for DFS.

Bam, Jimmy, DFS, Terry, Suggs; Duncan, Caleb, JJJ, HH, Love. This is a clear improvement over what they have.

jbsays
Junior
And1: 408

Post#5 » by jbsays » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:30 pm

I don't see the Magic wanting Herro. He doesn't fit well next to Franz or Paolo.

I think Heat need to try and turn Duncan or Martin in to some type of stretch big who can play next to Bam, start JJJ/Richardson/Martin or Highsmith next to Rozier and Butler, and move Herro to 6th man role.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Post#6 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 pm

If my aforementioned Herro and Caleb for Carter Jr and Suggs was a no go, I’d be open to either the Jerami Grant deal or the BKN one.

Cam Johnson would be a very Spo 4 man, and Thomas off the bench helps replace what offense is lost with Herro going.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,056

Post#7 » by contract » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:37 pm

I'm not interested in any of these proposals. IMO trading Herro and his contract is for the offseason. What we need is for Tyler to fit into his proper role even if that means that he can't justify his salary ... because he can't regardless.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#8 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:55 am

I'd trade that delusional chucker for a pack of cigarettes if given the chance and I don't even smoke
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#9 » by NightWatch » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:40 am

You should trade rosier first before herro
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,551

Post#10 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:17 pm

contract wrote:

I'm not interested in any of these proposals. IMO trading Herro and his contract is for the offseason. What we need is for Tyler to fit into his proper role even if that means that he can't justify his salary ... because he can't regardless.
Agree Herro trades like best for an offseasom move because then you can package Rozier with Herro.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#11 » by SA37 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:00 pm

Wiltside wrote:If my aforementioned Herro and Caleb for Carter Jr and Suggs was a no go, I’d be open to either the Jerami Grant deal or the BKN one.

Cam Johnson would be a very Spo 4 man, and Thomas off the bench helps replace what offense is lost with Herro going.

Big pass on Carter Jr/Suggs, but I'd be ok with the Brooklyn deal.
Aussie Heat Fan
Senior
And1: 545

Post#12 » by Aussie Heat Fan » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:24 pm

I voted Brooklyn and Portland deals. I don't think Portland would trade Grant for him though. Not sure how high BK are on Johnson either, seems they aren't that high on Cam Thomas.

I would prefer to put Tyler back into the 6 man role as first resort though.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#13 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:56 am

I would like Herro here for a few more years. I’d like to see our home grown players grow.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#14 » by Pokuokic » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:18 pm

Grant and Kuz/Jones (not for Wright) are easy yes if it's straight up trades without 1st/2nds imo others seem like bad fits. To me Jones would be the starting PG on the Heat with Rozier as the 6th man.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#15 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:17 pm

I think Herro is getting his last chance in these upcoming games to show he can change his game, become more efficient and facilitate more.

Rozier Addition is allowing him to be more selective, let's see if he can change his game and become more of a part in team success.

If he can't, I'd move on without looking back. This is his last chance IMO
SA37
RealGM

Post#16 » by SA37 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:36 pm

Heat3 wrote:I would like Herro here for a few more years. I’d like to see our home grown players grow.

I think the main reason you hear Herro's name thrown out there so often is he is the best asset Miami has that Miami would consider trading and could potentially expect to get an elite-ish player in return without gutting the roster.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#17 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:53 pm

SA37 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:I would like Herro here for a few more years. I’d like to see our home grown players grow.

I think the main reason you hear Herro's name thrown out there so often is he is the best asset Miami has that Miami would consider trading and could potentially expect to get an elite-ish player in return without gutting the roster.

Sadly I don't see this happening at all. I think Herro is getting exposed as the limited chucker he is.

We're not getting anything elite for him - we might get a better player that is also overpaid, and we'll need to attach assets.
SA37
RealGM

Post#18 » by SA37 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:25 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
SA37 wrote:

Sadly I don't see this happening at all. I think Herro is getting exposed as the limited chucker he is.

We're not getting anything elite for him - we might get a better player that is also overpaid, and we'll need to attach assets.

Herro definitely has value. The thing is we've gotten into a cycle where teams expect ~3 1st and 2-3 swaps in exchange for any elite-ish player + 2-3 starters. That's just way above anything Miami could pay and remain competitive.

I think a good proxy for what kind of value Herro could bring back would be looking at what New Orleans gave up for Cj McCollum + Nance Jr and Snell (Hart, Satoranski, Alexander-Walker, some dude name Louzada, a 1st and 2 2nds), what Miami just gave up for Rozier, or what Golden State got for Jordan Poole. Whatever Chicago might get for Lavine will give us an idea as well.

Another issue is that there are Herro-ish type players (basically scoring guards) on much better salaries that are available, like Jordan Clarkson, Buddy Hield, Gary Trent Jr, Cam Thomas, or Dinwiddie.

Return to Miami Heat