ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,997

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1801 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Tanking is not and has not ever been the answer. What is the most recent championship won by a tanking team? Im genuinely curious

Doesn’t really matter where you draft as long as you hit on your picks. We hit on Bam, Jaime and Jovic seem to be solid hits but we’ll see with more time if that’s the case, Herro hasn’t impacted winning. Picking Maxey over Precious could’ve been the game changer in us winning a championship tbh but you also can’t hit on them all. You need to draft good and you need to be able to attract elite talent, we have done both but now we have to capitalize on the elite talent that wants to join the team.

It doens't work that way, your oversimplifying what tanking is to prove a point. Nuggets were bad at some point and drafted their main guys and eventually put pieces around them and they won a chip. San Antonio of the 2000's, Golden State, Lakers 2000's, Miami, Cleveland all were bad, got top talent then as their stars seasoned, they went and made trades and built championship cores.

The only team that are outliers like you say Were Miami Heat in Big Three Era but they had the foundation in Dwade whom was drafted. Lebron Lakers in the Bubble acquiring AD & Lebron through trades, Boston Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rondo, Kevin Garnett, again they had the foundation piece in Paul Pierce.

You could say there are way more teams, that got a top tier top 5 player in the draft went a few years, built around that foundation players, made some trades and won chips or multiple chips.

What your not going to do is, tank one year, get a top 3 pick, get a premier superstar, go wreck the league in 1-2 years. No thats not how that works, those teams take 4-6 years to build to that level.

Just go out and say it, the truth is Miami Heat will not sacrifice the next 4-5 Years to build into another era, during Pat Riley's last years. When he steps down, whenever that is, that's when Miami may decide to go that route if at all. After Jimmy is gone, their going mid fiddle around Bam and try and stay competitive by going for older superstars whom ask out with only 3-4 years of shelf life remaining.

We’ve hit on draft picks though, regardless of where they were drafted we have at least 3 guys who are top 5 from their draft (Herro is up in the air I can’t remember his class) and we have a star in Jimmy. This team hasn’t needed to wipe the slate clean and tank, this team has simply needed to add an all star 3 level scorer and to a lesser extent a good frontcourt partner at the 4 or 5 whether a starter or backup for Bam and they have had several opportunities to do both but have simply refused to do it for several reasons but the main being the overvaluing of Herro year after year

My point wasn't about hitting on draft picks, My point was in regards to the original comment, of why can't we an SGA or Ant to build around them. You can get top 5 guys from draft class with a lucky pick but if that guy isn't Top 10 NBA player level a true #1A on a team then were talking about 2 different things. I agree that we needed to upgrade key spots around Jimmy, that's on the FO always going for the whale that never comes, and miss out on the smaller talent that gets picked up by the rest of the league. Their all in on top player has not paid dividends in free agency or the trade market because its all in for them never looking at the little guy or the backup, they think they can fill those roles with undrafted talent. They have definitely overvalued Herro, and Unfortunately that man has been injured at so many key points, Miami has never really gotten a full understanding of what they have until just now. However they have dangled him on every big whale they sniff, unfortunately other teams don't value him. Now were at the crux end of the Jimmy era, that going all in may be deemed detrimental, we don't own our draft picks after this upcoming draft outside of 2029 & 2030. Which is why it puts us in a bad spot, that Going all in for Jimmy's last hurrah can completely cripple the franchise in assets moving forward. Which is why knowing this FO, their not pulling any triggers on the bigger whales even if available were going to settle with meh build here for the next 2-3 years.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1802 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:47 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Tanking is not and has not ever been the answer. What is the most recent championship won by a tanking team? Im genuinely curious

Doesn’t really matter where you draft as long as you hit on your picks. We hit on Bam, Jaime and Jovic seem to be solid hits but we’ll see with more time if that’s the case, Herro hasn’t impacted winning. Picking Maxey over Precious could’ve been the game changer in us winning a championship tbh but you also can’t hit on them all. You need to draft good and you need to be able to attract elite talent, we have done both but now we have to capitalize on the elite talent that wants to join the team.

It doens't work that way, your oversimplifying what tanking is to prove a point. Nuggets were bad at some point and drafted their main guys and eventually put pieces around them and they won a chip. San Antonio of the 2000's, Golden State, Lakers 2000's, Miami, Cleveland all were bad, got top talent then as their stars seasoned, they went and made trades and built championship cores.

The only team that are outliers like you say Were Miami Heat in Big Three Era but they had the foundation in Dwade whom was drafted. Lebron Lakers in the Bubble acquiring AD & Lebron through trades, Boston Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rondo, Kevin Garnett, again they had the foundation piece in Paul Pierce.

You could say there are way more teams, that got a top tier top 5 player in the draft went a few years, built around that foundation players, made some trades and won chips or multiple chips.

What your not going to do is, tank one year, get a top 3 pick, get a premier superstar, go wreck the league in 1-2 years. No thats not how that works, those teams take 4-6 years to build to that level.

Just go out and say it, the truth is Miami Heat will not sacrifice the next 4-5 Years to build into another era, during Pat Riley's last years. When he steps down, whenever that is, that's when Miami may decide to go that route if at all. After Jimmy is gone, their going mid fiddle around Bam and try and stay competitive by going for older superstars whom ask out with only 3-4 years of shelf life remaining.

Nuggets best player was a 2nd round pick

Jamal Murray is the only top 10 pick they drafted in their rotation. They picked up Aaron Gordon and KCP as veteran distressed assets in trades with sh**ty teams.

My point still stands, Murray is the top 10 pick here whether he is 1A or 2B it doesn't matter he is top tier talent, in the Nuggets Hierarchy he is #2. He is the reason the Lakers went down 4-1 instead of being 3-2 in the lakers favor, Murray single handedly took 2 games out of Lakers hand in the fourth quarter taking the scoring load over. Last year he was one of the reasons, they had no trouble going through the west, he looked like a mixture of Kobe & Curry and considered one of the best players in the Playoffs. Jokic is an exemption not the rule here, and as explained still fits my description, draft top ten talent, fill the team up at key position with smart trades, get some vets hungry for a chip and swap guys around as needed year to year. However they had to be bad enough first to get to this position to pick at that level and get lucky with their pick.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,132

Post#1803 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Nuggets best player was a 2nd round pick

Jamal Murray is the only top 10 pick they drafted in their rotation. They picked up Aaron Gordon and KCP as veteran distressed assets in trades with sh**ty teams.

My point still stands, Murray is the top 10 pick here whether he is 1A or 2B it doesn't matter he is top tier talent, in the Nuggets Hierarchy he is #2. He is the reason the Lakers went down 4-1 instead of being 3-2 in the lakers favor, Murray single handedly took 2 games out of Lakers hand in the fourth quarter taking the scoring load over. Last year he was one of the reasons, they had no trouble going through the west, he looked like a mixture of Kobe & Curry and considered one of the best players in the Playoffs. Jokic is an exemption not the rule here, and as explained still fits my description, draft top ten talent, fill the team up at key position with smart trades, get some vets hungry for a chip and swap guys around as needed year to year. However they had to be bad enough first to get to this position to pick at that level and get lucky with their pick.

And Miami has Bam with the 14th pick whom is as impactful as Murray or moreso.

It's not black and white here IMO. I think some points are sitting, some points are standing, and some points are in a crouched position in between.

If your point is get the best players possible then I think we all agree.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,222

Post#1804 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

This summer we finally do it, I have faith!!
#FreeBam
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,517

Post#1805 » by batterybro42 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:17 pm

Give me Lebron James on this Heat team

The goal to me is to plan for a reload in 2026 while preserving as much of the young core as possible, the best way to do that is to acquire LeBron. You get him in a two year sign and trade for a max deal and offload Robinson and Herro. This is the only star acquisition that allows you to retain Jovic, and Jamie who could be used in the next window as players, or used as assets to build it.

Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

Add some free agent guys like Jae Crowder, and Pat Bev

The Lakers are a classy franchise that has an image to preserve and I think would be more than willing to facilitate a trade if we deal with them fairly

Herro, Robinson, and this years 1st is more than reasonable compensation

This is the move I think makes the most sense, and accomplishes both the short term and long term goals here for the franchise. with over 100 million in expiring coming into the 2026 offseason, it puts Miami in a tremendous spot to just simply reload for a Bam centered window.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,228

Post#1806 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 pm

The draft is all hit and miss, as well as Denver has drafted, they've made some huge mistakes. Sure, they hit on Murray as top 10 pick, but they also traded their 13th pick overall for T.Lyles and #24 and Utah took Donovan Mitchell at 13. I remember one year they traded the 12th or 13th pick to Chicago (to draft McDermott) for I believe 17 and 19 which they took G.Harris and Nurkic. Chicago wasn't drafting a great talent, they were drafting a rookie scale replacement for K.Korver.
Read on Twitter

If Miami sees a good talent late in the lottery, I'm sure they have the resources to acquire that draft pick although it could hurt, but it should be a shot at a very good talent.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,425

Post#1807 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm

batterybro42 wrote:Give me Lebron James on this Heat team

The goal to me is to plan for a reload in 2026 while preserving as much of the young core as possible, the best way to do that is to acquire LeBron. You get him in a two year sign and trade for a max deal and offload Robinson and Herro. This is the only star acquisition that allows you to retain Jovic, and Jamie who could be used in the next window as players, or used as assets to build it.

Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

The Lakers are a classy franchise that has an image to preserve and I think would be more than willing to facilitate a trade if we deal with them fairly

This is the move I think makes the most sense, and accomplishes both the short term and long term goals here for the franchise. with over 100 million in expiring coming into the 2026 offseason, it puts Miami in a tremendous spot to just simply reload for a Bam centered window.

The question is, does Lebron wants to come over? I highly doubt it, but i would welcome him with open arms.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1808 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:26 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Nuggets best player was a 2nd round pick

And Miami has Bam with the 14th pick whom is as impactful as Murray or moreso.

It's not black and white here IMO. I think some points are sitting, some points are standing, and some points are in a crouched position in between.

If your point is get the best players possible then I think we all agree.

I think were all pulling on this rope of concern and the all the ends lead to the same place, I agree with that. I think Bam is a foundational Piece moving forward. I think Herro is not the 3rd guy on this team to lead us, specially when our foundational piece is not a premier scorer, so either #1 or #3 needs to be a premier efficient scorer. Jimmy is what it is at this point, he has regressed, and is getting older by the day, he won't be traded, so well deal with him sitting as our #2 guy and keep him fresh for the playoffs, since he won't be giving us more than 40-50 games during the regular season moving forward, we just need to hope he can stay put together long enough to make this work, unfortunately with Jimmy making so much and doing so little it puts so much weight on everyone else and one of the reasons its difficult to finish with a top seed.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1809 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1810 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 209

Post#1811 » by Voltron914 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:39 pm

Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

Oh crap that would actually be perfect for us which means it probably wont happen :banghead:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1812 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter

I like it, trade Rozier, Herro, Jimmy, Duncan = $129M right there you can do wonders with.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1813 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:51 pm

Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

It's a fun angle to consider. And like you laid out, really does provide a lot of clean solutions to the issues haunting the current build and payroll. I'd love to see it (tho I'm already dreading the idea of LBJ stans flooding all Miami discourse). Who knows if there's any realistic chance of it happening. LeBron can impose his will if he wants a new destination. Does he want that? No clue.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1814 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like it, trade Rozier, Herro, Jimmy, Duncan = $129M right there you can do wonders with.

Nice, telling high level FAs that once Miami's done with you, you're moveable, I thought Miami or their fans learned from the Wade situation, I guess not.

I hope this franchise breaks it up and goes into a rebuild. I think a lot of Miami fans need to find out what tanking really means. It only took that Championship Bulls "incredible FO" 7 years before they won more than 30 games in a season after starting their rebuild.

Like I said, it takes one player, Butler completely changed Miami for half a decade but now it's time to cash him in as an asset even though he picked Miami to end his career with. As much as Philly has F'd up with drafts and FAs, it took just drafting Maxey at 21 to turn everything around.

If you move Butler to rebuild, you might as well move Bam too, he's almost 27, so tanking 2-4 seasons you're now looking at Bam at 29-31 with hopefully young talent and its now time to move old man Bam after wasting him for 2-4 seasons.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,016

Post#1815 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:13 pm

batterybro42 wrote:Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

This team is ass man. If this is the big plan, an all-time clunky fit of Rozier, Jimmy, Bam, and LeBron (and dont forget his son) we need to just blow it up.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,941

Post#1816 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:26 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:Rozier
Jimmy
Lebron
Jovic
Bam

6th man Jamie
Love as the Vet

This team is ass man. If this is the big plan, an all-time clunky fit of Rozier, Jimmy, Bam, and LeBron (and dont forget his son) we need to just blow it up.

A potentially strong draft is coming next year. If Butler wants to take RS off then we can shoot for Bailey or Harper.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Yikes
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1818 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1819 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Barry saying Terry and Duncan have more value than Herro and that we need to get rid of Jimmy or Bam. Not buying it
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1820 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:00 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Barry saying Terry and Duncan have more value than Herro and that we need to get rid of Jimmy or Bam. Not buying it

I am, Ive been saying this for a while now. The uncomfortable truth because its not the direction or the comfortable direction we need to head to. Problem with Terry being more valuable than Herro, is well hes only 24M your not matching any All NBA player salary with that, Duncan is broken, so you can't attach him without losing more value, you would have to wait mid season for Duncan to regain some of that value back. So your only left with using both Terry/Herro Plus adding picks to this and young players for an all NBA talent, what happened to all the value we lost to get Terry that's getting tacked on as well, that's gone on the way side as well. Which is why the data on the table is you have Jimmy whom could fetch you some picks and filler salary for some contender and its what you reroute along with your picks to get that All NBA talent. Id keep the young player in Bam.

Nothing he said was incorrect, I think Barry is setting up the fanbase for what's coming.

Barry is stating player value and fit vs role. Right now a healthy Duncan & Rozier, can fall in a contender as a shooter taking a limited role coming off the bench, or 6th man or 4th, 5th scorer making X value warranted. Herro would be making X but is a very expensive 6th man or inefficient starter on bad young team where he could shoot to his hearts content that is also injury prone his entire career.

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat