ImageImageImage

Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Re: Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game 

Post#661 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 4:12 am

powerball1373 wrote:
Enso wrote:
UFAlum88 wrote:It seems that only the Heat's front office was fooled by the fools gold of the recent seasons. This game was not lost due to injuries, it was lost due to to a poor roster and the Fraudfather's unwillingness and inability to improve it.

We lost because of a lack of BBW's

Seriously, where TF was HeatVols? Did he get banned? I tried to post BBWs before Game 4, but mine didn't work. I don't know where to find the magically disgusting, pure filth BBWs that HeatVols seems to have bookmarked.

:lol:
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,824

Post#662 » by Daffy » Thu May 2, 2024 4:13 am

ZoStrong wrote:
Heat3 wrote:There is no one to recruit on team USA. It’s either old veteran stars that we shouldn’t want or young super stars that are the faces of their teams and aren’t going anywhere. Plus Jrue Holiday.

Team USA recruiting thing is so overrated now. Players can easily talk to/ FaceTime each other everyday now. That legend of Wade Bosh, Bron talking about playing together on 2008 Team USA is before the real smartphone era

KD and Kyrie literally recruited each other at a team USA game not too long ago. There's another duo who recruited each other at an all star game as well. It still happens.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,824

Post#663 » by Daffy » Thu May 2, 2024 4:15 am

ZoStrong wrote:
Heat3 wrote:There is no one to recruit on team USA. It’s either old veteran stars that we shouldn’t want or young super stars that are the faces of their teams and aren’t going anywhere. Plus Jrue Holiday.

Team USA recruiting thing is so overrated now. Players can easily talk to/ FaceTime each other everyday now. That legend of Wade Bosh, Bron talking about playing together on 2008 Team USA is before the real smartphone era

Didn't Bam and Dame just build their friendship through Team USA as well?
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#664 » by ZoStrong » Thu May 2, 2024 4:39 am

You really think it just happened on Team USA? You don't think many of them mingle n party together? All-star games, after parties, what not?

I guess it sounds much better they recruited each other on the "patriotic" TEAM USA than recruiting at night clubs and strip clubs, lol
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#665 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 4:42 am

Watching herro at the podium in that outfit I want him off the team and I’m not backing down from that all off season lol There’s a lot I want to say that I can’t say for obvious reasons but I think you guys know what I’m getting at. My lord now I really think Katya had two guys over.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#666 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 2, 2024 5:04 am

Yea its over. Bam did the best he could carrying the team. Martin & Jovic were okay. The rest were bad. Herro & Bam won a game for us at least. We waited all year for playoff Jimmy and we didnt get it.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,941

Post#668 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu May 2, 2024 5:56 am

Enso wrote:Watching herro at the podium in that outfit I want him off the team and I’m not backing down from that all off season lol There’s a lot I want to say that I can’t say for obvious reasons but I think you guys know what I’m getting at. My lord now I really think Katya had two guys over.
I came here to see if anyone said anything about that. Imo there are ways to see who cares about ball first and who cares about money first.

Coming out in a clown outfit like that after an embarrassing exit says to me he couldn't care less and he's ready to party.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,320

Post#669 » by SerialChiller » Thu May 2, 2024 6:21 am

powerball1373 wrote:
Enso wrote:
UFAlum88 wrote:It seems that only the Heat's front office was fooled by the fools gold of the recent seasons. This game was not lost due to injuries, it was lost due to to a poor roster and the Fraudfather's unwillingness and inability to improve it.

We lost because of a lack of BBW's

Seriously, where TF was HeatVols? Did he get banned? I tried to post BBWs before Game 4, but mine didn't work. I don't know where to find the magically disgusting, pure filth BBWs that HeatVols seems to have bookmarked.

It was a valiant effort though...you managed to achieve a pretty high filth factor still :lol:
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,823

Post#670 » by powerball1373 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:55 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Enso wrote:Watching herro at the podium in that outfit I want him off the team and I’m not backing down from that all off season lol There’s a lot I want to say that I can’t say for obvious reasons but I think you guys know what I’m getting at. My lord now I really think Katya had two guys over.
I came here to see if anyone said anything about that. Imo there are ways to see who cares about ball first and who cares about money first.

Coming out in a clown outfit like that after an embarrassing exit says to me he couldn't care less and he's ready to party.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Boston can still eat a fat D forever but this tweet is pretty funny:

Read on Twitter
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 930

Post#671 » by Pokuokic » Thu May 2, 2024 9:42 am

Tyler Herro being healthy in the playoffs hurt the Heat more than Jimmy going down, like you can't compete with a defensive liability as bad as him, I have never seen a player guy hunted and abused like he has this series. Every game they got off to insurmountable starts due to Herro not being able to defend nearly every single defensive breakdown was cause of Herro.

Other than a microwave off the bench every now and than this guy has no business playing in the playoffs. Offensively he was a joke as well but the defense was that bad you forget about the poor offense.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,992

Post#672 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu May 2, 2024 9:52 am

ZoStrong wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
balla345 wrote:One of either Rozier or Herro will be gone next year no way you can play both of them together. Bam need to be paired up with a good big Jovic aint ready

Question is what would we get for Rozier in return? No way we get the same value back as what we gave up (basically a 2028 unprotected 1st rounder assuming the ‘27 pick owed conveys). Herro we’re stuck with until further notice unless we’re doling out more 1st rounders

He's still young, offensive creator (that we are so lacking) on a decent contract. Why wouldn't we want him come back? We need horses for the regular season so we don't play play-in games next season again. Gotta get that 3rd or 4th seed

Well balla’s point was he and Herro are not a good mesh and he does have a point there…. Basically the same type of player. Definitely going to need to stagger those 2 players in separate lineups next season preferably with one coming off the bench
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,992

Post#673 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu May 2, 2024 9:57 am

That’s a “better get used to me for the next 3 years because I’m now stuck here” look
Dainis
Junior
And1: 365

Post#674 » by Dainis » Thu May 2, 2024 10:13 am

I concur. The guy looks like a fooking idiot in his trash outfits.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 930

Post#675 » by Pokuokic » Thu May 2, 2024 10:42 am

Anyone saying Herro would have made a difference vs the Nuggets is out of their mind could you imagine any switch he would get onto Murray/Jokic/MPJ/Gordon hell even Bruce Brown/Christian Braun would eat him alive driving to the rim no amount of Denver playing drop defense would make up for any of that, Nuggets would have swept the Heat.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#676 » by ZoStrong » Thu May 2, 2024 12:49 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
Question is what would we get for Rozier in return? No way we get the same value back as what we gave up (basically a 2028 unprotected 1st rounder assuming the ‘27 pick owed conveys). Herro we’re stuck with until further notice unless we’re doling out more 1st rounders

He's still young, offensive creator (that we are so lacking) on a decent contract. Why wouldn't we want him come back? We need horses for the regular season so we don't play play-in games next season again. Gotta get that 3rd or 4th seed

Well balla’s point was he and Herro are not a good mesh and he does have a point there…. Basically the same type of player. Definitely going to need to stagger those 2 players in separate lineups next season preferably with one coming off the bench

You don't want them together on the court for a long period, ya, but I see Rozier still here next season but Herro is so gone, lol
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,045

Post#677 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 1:23 pm

Pokuokic wrote:Tyler Herro being healthy in the playoffs hurt the Heat more than Jimmy going down, like you can't compete with a defensive liability as bad as him, I have never seen a player guy hunted and abused like he has this series. Every game they got off to insurmountable starts due to Herro not being able to defend nearly every single defensive breakdown was cause of Herro.

Other than a microwave off the bench every now and than this guy has no business playing in the playoffs. Offensively he was a joke as well but the defense was that bad you forget about the poor offense.

I was cracking up in the first quarter because as Herro was bricking every shot he took the Celtics would come down and put him in every action defensively to get easy buckets but I didn’t want to start a riot so kept to myself :lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,045

Post#678 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 1:24 pm

ZoStrong wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

You don't want them together on the court for a long period, ya, but I see Rozier still here next season but Herro is so gone, lol

If it’s a choice between the 2 and our goal is to win then you take the cheaper and arguably better player in Rozier every time. Herros needed to be gone for years now, the FO has just been delusional about him as a player unfortunately
#FreeBam
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,010

Post#679 » by contract » Thu May 2, 2024 2:20 pm

Heat3 wrote:Herro only reason Heat even won a game. Bam put up consistent numbers but that’s exactly what the Celtics wanted. Go put up your little mid range fade away while we shoot threes :lol:

Maybe Spo stops trying to make Herro a PG and get a real one. But Spo is stubborn. He loves his out of position players.

Spo doesn't build our roster.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,010

Post#680 » by contract » Thu May 2, 2024 2:41 pm

WD wrote:Sometimes things just run their course. Someone said earlier that this is a gimmick team, I agree. The gimmick has grown stale.

"We have one of the most successful franchises in the NBA over the past 5 years. This is clearly not working. Lets try something different/old timey basketball!"

What has grown stale is having a roster full of aging and/or injury prone players. We had 3 rotation players miss the entire series including our star player, and another rotation reduced to useless garbage by a back injury. Maybe we should try not doing that.

Maybe the "gimmick" would work better if we had something resembling a full NBA roster to work with.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat