ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,253

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#461 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri May 3, 2024 8:22 pm

EMC5466 wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

We better start singing Be Still, My Soul.

The signs have been there all year.

Jimmy’s tone and demeanor was noticeably off all season. I was on board with trading him after last years playoff run. It feels like we are heading there.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,540

Post#462 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 8:22 pm

I really don’t want an ugly split with Butler. Just pay him and let’s move to other pressing needs. Butler will give us atleast two more solid years with better roster construction. That final year of his deal just becomes a big expiring.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,988

Post#463 » by IceColdCubano » Fri May 3, 2024 8:27 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I really don’t want an ugly split with Butler. Just pay him and let’s move to other pressing needs. Butler will give us atleast two more solid years with better roster construction. That final year of his deal just becomes a big expiring.

Id take the ugly break up if it means a quicker franchise turn around. Nah I am good, don't need that extra Jimmy year, I say tell him to go eat some mangos, play out the 2024-2025 Season nice and strong and we will revisit this Extension if its worth it.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,062

Post#464 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 8:32 pm

Sixers interested in PG Jimmy and Ingram
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#465 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 8:39 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Sixers interested in PG Jimmy and Ingram

Signing PG outright won’t cost them any assets.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#466 » by Hoops3355 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:45 pm

AirP. wrote:There is a team out there that Butler might be good being moved to, the other team he was considering going to in 2019... Houston who is pushing to be good now and is basically Butler's hometown. They have picks to move (Harden trade), would probably send D.Brooks 22 million contract and some fillers like S.Adams at 12 million and J.Tate (who has a team option they'd have to pick up).

This is actually a good shout for landing spot. You send him West so you don't have to deal with the Jimmy revenge tour.
Miami / Chicago / London
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#467 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 8:47 pm

Now the real big offseason shocker would be Lebron signing with the 76ers and joining his new favorite Klutch kid Maxey. They’ll probably even make room for Bronny too.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#468 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 3, 2024 8:49 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I really don’t want an ugly split with Butler. Just pay him and let’s move to other pressing needs. Butler will give us atleast two more solid years with better roster construction. That final year of his deal just becomes a big expiring.

nope, its time to split from him. He's gonna make too much money. I knows its tough but its for the best.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#469 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 8:52 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:

nope, its time to split from him. He's gonna make too money. I knows its tough but its for the best.

His money doesn’t even open up anything anyway. It was reported like 10 million in cap space. All it does is save Micky tax. We are in no position to hit the reset button with picks owed out looming. Pay the man
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,087

Post#470 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:53 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone Explain this to me that doesn't end with they play in the same area and when one is engaged the other is not. We really have done Magic with two players whom are a bad fit and have made with work regardless of their overlap in the offense.

Jimmy’s playmaking is mostly kickouts to 3 pt shooters. Hes not much of a PnR guy
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#471 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 8:57 pm

Trade Butler and have enough money to sign the James Johnson’s and Dion Waiter’s of the nba world. Give unprotected pick to OKC in 2026. Beautiful plan lol
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 588

Post#472 » by Lennyzinho » Fri May 3, 2024 9:02 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Rapaz wrote:The deal starts with Jalen Green. Pat Riley already purchased his Moleskin journal.

That would be his new starting SG in Houston. If Butler's being moved, he's going to make sure the players he wants to stay on his new team will be there and not in the trade. Without a NTC he can't veto the trade but he sure could tell them he's a rental and he'll opt out his player option and that would drop Butler's value greatly.

All this Butler trade talk seems like a whole lot of noise. All posturing for extension.

I dont think is posturing and I don't think any of this is coming out of Jimmy's camp. He will be here next year.

This is all click bait. The eastern playoffs with no Philly or Miami or Milwaukee is far less interesting. No Lakers or Warriors or Suns... OKC Minny Denver Ind Cle Orl aren't exactly big markets...

Who's excited for Knicks vs Pacers and Boston vs Magic/Cavs?...
Everyone will be watching DEN x MIN and people will talk about embiid and durant and Jimmy and lebron more than they will about actual teams still in the playoffs cuz they're boring matchups and talking about those dudes and big market teams gets you views and clicks etc.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,219

Post#473 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 9:08 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone Explain this to me that doesn't end with they play in the same area and when one is engaged the other is not. We really have done Magic with two players whom are a bad fit and have made with work regardless of their overlap in the offense.

Jimmy’s playmaking is mostly kickouts to 3 pt shooters. Hes not much of a PnR guy

Absolutely correct. Now that Bam is feeling comfortable enough to shoot 3s in games, I would expect that the assists to Bam from Butler will go up at some sort of rate depending on how willing Bam is to not only stay at the 3pt line but also shoot the open shots.

Bam shooting 3s in games is him evolving as a scorer and should end up making him a more efficient scorer and help open up the lane more for attacks to the hoop when a shooter is over defended.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#474 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 9:10 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Trade Butler and have enough money to sign the James Johnson’s and Dion Waiter’s of the nba world. Give unprotected pick to OKC in 2026. Beautiful plan lol

If we were to trade Jimmy you better believe we’re going to have an all star on the way lol swap Jimmy with Mitchell and we have a way better record this year, not that he’s better than Jimmy but he actually would’ve tried
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#475 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 9:26 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jimmys racist
#FreeBam
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#476 » by dubasilva » Fri May 3, 2024 9:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d like Wright back

Me 2. Great defender, and starting the season in Miami might make a contribution.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,965

Post#477 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:02 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our runs have been fueled in large part by Jimmy going psycho and role players playing well above their averages, neither of which is a consistent formula to win deep into May. You can go down the list of playoff teams in both conferences and we're literally the only one where the top two players are neither volume scorers or truly viable threats from 3.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#478 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 10:10 pm

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/amp/proposed_trade_sees_heat_acquire_brandon_ingram_from_pelicans/s1_17038_40273510

Not the sexiest option but the most reasonable upgrade that involves Herro. Let him play out his final year here and earn his next deal.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,727

Post#479 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 3, 2024 10:17 pm

Butler to Philly
Herro to Utah
Bam to OKC

Plan to suck acutely, but the payoff could be huge!

Miami drafts Ware, Da Silva and Devin in 24.

We draft Harper in 25.

We draft Dybantsa in 26.

We sign Mitchell, Fox, Bam, Tatum and SGA in 26 FA.

Ez guys! EZ!
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#480 » by Enso » Fri May 3, 2024 10:24 pm

No yimmy exit interview ?

Return to Miami Heat