ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#581 » by Daffy » Sat May 4, 2024 4:06 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Throwback :lol:

With the emergence of Brunson I can't see the Knicks making the play for Mitchell. Can't see him picking thr dumpster fire that is currently known as the Nets. This should be a done deal for us if he leaves via trade. Only team I can see sticking their nose in there that'll screw us over will be the Lakers.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,826

Post#582 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 4:09 am

Rapaz wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro
Robinson
2029 1st rd pick

To Pels for

SF/PF Brandon Ingram 1 yr
PF/C Larry Nance Jr 1yr

I’ve lodged the papers. Let’s go.

Son, Mama Gayle don't know where precisely you've lodged those papers, but I suggest you lodge them 10 feet up where the crawfish don't see no sunshine. The only way yall are gettin Ingram is if Bam Outtadebayou gets sent right Backtodebayou.

Bless your heart Mama Gayle lol
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,473

Post#583 » by insfo » Sat May 4, 2024 4:12 am

DayofMourning wrote:
dean456 wrote:Just throwing out a scenario.

Say this Jimmy to Philly for their 3 FRPs, 3 FRP swaps and cash is possible.

Miami has their own package of Herro, Jaime, Jovic and 2029 and 2031 picks to offer for a player.

Miami could theoretically trade Jimmy and go after two players in Bam's timeline (and price range) and transition straight into a competitive Bam era.

They would then also still retain Rozier, Robinson, their #15 pick this season and reduce their cap by around 13.6mil and could use their MLE.

Or say KD wants out they could do the Herro trade for another player in Bam's range and essentially swap Jimmy for KD and be in the same cap situation as they are now.

Id **** dean if we could pull of a Butler trade. To get value back for a depreciated asset would be amazing.

:o
You’d what Dean now??
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,826

Post#584 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 4:15 am

Mama Gayle looks like the type of lady that would welcome Duncan and Herro with open arms and milk and cookies :lol:
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#585 » by Enso » Sat May 4, 2024 4:27 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Yall are wild, you just witnessed 3 runs in the last 5 years where we were 1-2 pieces away and just refused to upgrade the roster. To say this team would be nowhere close unless we pull a Philly and tank for 1st every year is just flat out wrong.

Trading Jimmy doesn’t equal tank, we can use those assets and herro + Duncan to retool around bam.

This is your wet dream Holmes
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,265

Post#586 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 4:27 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Throwback :lol:

With the emergence of Brunson I can't see the Knicks making the play for Mitchell. Can't see him picking thr dumpster fire that is currently known as the Nets. This should be a done deal for us if he leaves via trade. Only team I can see sticking their nose in there that'll screw us over will be the Lakers.

Yep I agree, him and Brunson are a bad fit similar to what you’re seeing with garland now. Why neuter one or the other?

Nets like you said are ass, can’t see that being his chose.

He literally just came out and said he has to start competing and it’s time for him to compete because he wants to be remembered and that’s how you do it, what better team to come to than a team with 2 stars (1 happens to be your best friend) that is one of the top 3 or so most successful teams in the league over the last 5 years
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#587 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 4:38 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Yall are wild, you just witnessed 3 runs in the last 5 years where we were 1-2 pieces away and just refused to upgrade the roster. To say this team would be nowhere close unless we pull a Philly and tank for 1st every year is just flat out wrong.

Trading Jimmy doesn’t equal tank, we can use those assets and herro + Duncan to retool around bam.

I want to win with bam AND Jimmy, we’ve been right there we’ve just refused to make the final move
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#588 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 4:38 am

DayofMourning wrote:Lot of hindsight on us missing on Maxey, but how bout not going hard after Kyrie?

In a 6 game series that featured Luka, PG, Harden, and Kawhi (barely) Kyrie was easily the best player :o
#FreeBam
Enso
General Manager

Post#589 » by Enso » Sat May 4, 2024 4:44 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

I want to win with bam AND Jimmy, we’ve been right there we’ve just refused to make the final move

I feel ya if they can pull it off I’m down. I think the only reason why ppl want Jimmy out is because they feel there’s no hope to make a move that will put us over the hump with the herro/ roster situation. But who knows maybe they can pull something off.
Enso
General Manager

Post#590 » by Enso » Sat May 4, 2024 4:47 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Lot of hindsight on us missing on Maxey, but how bout not going hard after Kyrie?

In a 6 game series that featured Luka, PG, Harden, and Kawhi (barely) Kyrie was easily the best player :o

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but Kyrie was a no brainer, classic distressed asset that could have been rehabilitated but Micky wasn’t touching that with a ten foot pole.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#591 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 5:04 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but Kyrie was a no brainer, classic distressed asset that could have been rehabilitated but Micky wasn’t touching that with a ten foot pole.

Distressed assets this summer are Mitchell Ingram and Trae due to contract situations (Ingram and Mitchell) and in Traes case just time to move on, value probably lowest it’s ever been
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,936

Post#592 » by marson » Sat May 4, 2024 5:20 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

Too late now imo ship has sailed unless we get a Mitchell type of player, but this core ran it course.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#593 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 5:22 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

Too late now imo ship has sailed unless we get a Mitchell type of player, but this core ran it course.

Then do what it takes to get that Mitchell type player, Pat fumbling this build will be one for the books
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,936

Post#594 » by marson » Sat May 4, 2024 5:27 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Then do what it takes to get that Mitchell type player, Pat fumbling this build will be one for the books

Cmon Bammy Pat fumbled 3x already, not expecting he will do different this time.

Best we could do is Trae or Ingram for our picks, Herro and one of Jaime or Jovic. Unless you want to trade Bam for Mitchell, but that ain't happening, of course.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,237

Post#595 » by AirP. » Sat May 4, 2024 5:36 am

contract wrote:
AirP. wrote:
contract wrote:It's not one more year. It's one more year on top of the already one more year he's already got. I'm not comfortable with his player option. I'd be thrilled if he declined it. Unfortunately he'll only do that if the Heat are dumb enough to add another year.

Why doesn't Butler wait? Hasn't he heard about the new CBA and the escalating salary cap? Think about how much more he could make by waiting to sign.

This isn't a new thing. I've been beating this drum since Butler got here. There was a window for success, and that window is now closing. There was also a window where he'd be able to earn his money, and a declining return on our investment towards the end of his contract. I'm not interested in further financing his decline. I'm good with paying him next season. I'm OK with paying him the year after that if he decides to stick around. I'm not even remotely OK with anything beyond that.

Let me ask you this, why would any top tier player want to play in Miami if he sees the Butler get moved? Why would say... Luka, Edwards, SGA, Wemby or some other top tier players consider signing in Miami if he knows he could make them highly successful and still could be looked at as just an asset that they may ship him out somewhere he doesn't want to go? This is the situation Miami has been trying to clean up since not paying Wade. It's what Chicago has always done and with that, they really don't get considered by any high tier players but can overpay to get not top tier talent like they did with Boozer, Wade and the most current DeRozan.

Why did Jimmy want to play here? Players don't give a crap.

Also Jimmy ain't Wade.

Jimmy isn't Wade but he did take a team heading nowhere to the ECF 3 out of 5 years and the NBA Finals 2 out of 5 years. He also went to Minnesota and got them into the playoffs after missing them 14 straight years.

Butler and Wade got taken out of the starting lineup because they questioned the team's desire to win. Butler wanted to go to a team where the coach would hold everyone accountable, he was happy at first in Minnesota with Thibodeau until he found out Wiggins and Towns were the owner's golden boys and Towns was undermining Thibodeau by going to the owner asking for Thibodeau to be fired because he wasn't the main focal point of the offense with Butler there. Philly.. Butler was open to going back until he was told someone asking another person (he never named the people) if they thought they could control Butler (Jimmy and Brett Butler didn't see eye to eye at all), there's a great interview of Butler talking about not getting anything done in meetings or not even knowing who's in charge to JJ Redick who was a teammate of his at that time. The most telling part of the interview is him talking about Miami, we're in it to win it every year, we're not trying to lose... which speaks to why he's not in Chicago or Minnesota anymore, those teams were prioritizing the younger players over winning.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#596 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 5:47 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:

Cmon Bammy Pat fumbled 3x already, not expecting he will do different this time.

Best we could do is Trae or Ingram for our picks, Herro and one of Jaime or Jovic. Unless you want to trade Bam for Mitchell, but that ain't happening, of course.

An expiring Mitchell who has a say in where he wants to go isn’t getting a Bam level return; not even close.

I know Pat has been terrible with this build but eventually he has to get it right doesn’t he?!?! I mean surely he will instead of just losing Jimmy when we’ve been so close
#FreeBam
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,828

Post#597 » by Rapaz » Sat May 4, 2024 6:16 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Mama Gayle looks like the type of lady that would welcome Duncan and Herro with open arms and milk and cookies :lol:

Mama Gayle gonna FLEECE Rat Piley so bad she’ll make Hoe Groanin look like a choir boy.

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,709

Post#598 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat May 4, 2024 7:37 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Is Pat Riley still good at his job or not? If he is wtf yall doubting him for? If not, then why tf is he still here?

Listen, Pat earned the right to chose when to walk away.

BUT,

I do think we need to get some young blood in the front office. Celtics gave the keys to Brad Stevens and he saved that team with some great moves.

I think we need to steal someone from OKC's front office..I think we got old and outdated with our thinking and strategies.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,709

Post#599 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat May 4, 2024 7:41 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:Little to no chance Heat make the best offer for Mitchell.

Who’s easily beating our best offer that Mitchell also wants to play for?

Difference between Dame and Mitchell is that Mitchell is a free agentt after next season, so whoever trades for him better be sure Mitchell wantes to stay there long term.

No way Bucks trade for Lilard if he was a free agent after 1 year, in reality he was locked up for 4 years so they didn't feel like he could just split so soon.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 12,038

Post#600 » by Johnny Fontane » Sat May 4, 2024 7:49 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Distressed assets this summer are Mitchell Ingram and Trae due to contract situations (Ingram and Mitchell) and in Traes case just time to move on, value probably lowest it’s ever been

None of these guys are kyrie though. Kyrie had been there done that, saved Lebron’s legacy with a clutch 3 and was a legit star in a finals series against a prime warriors team. If there was one missed golden opportunity it was that one to a tee for Miami

Return to Miami Heat