ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,367

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#701 » by TroubleS0me » Sun May 5, 2024 2:25 am

We don't need Ingram, he got locked up in the playoffs.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,563

Post#702 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 5, 2024 2:30 am

TroubleS0me wrote:We don't need Ingram, he got locked up in the playoffs.

There’s a reason why he’s even in the conversation for a swap for Tyler Herro you know.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,203

Post#703 » by Flash4thewin » Sun May 5, 2024 2:32 am

twix2500 wrote:Get Mitchell (27 yrs old beginning of his prime) at all cost with Bam (26 yrs old starting the beginning of his prime). Fill in the complimentary players next summer. This is a rebuild not a reload. Maybe keep one of JJJ or Jovic but if they cant oh well. 3 yr rebuild.

PG: Mitchell
SG: ?????
SF:???
PF: ????
Ce: Adebayo

So we are basically Utah 2.0?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,817

Post#704 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:33 am

I still like Colin Sexton, I'd like to give him a shot here
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#705 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 5, 2024 2:54 am

Bishop45 wrote:I still like Colin Sexton, I'd like to give him a shot here

I wouldn’t even bother with him considering Ainge and Klutch.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#706 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 5, 2024 2:56 am

Size wins chips. Not Spo’s rinky dink led small ball captained by Haywood and Martin at the 4. What a joke. Please draft a Center that can shoot and move Bam to the 4.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 428

Post#707 » by NightWatch » Sun May 5, 2024 3:06 am

Anthony Edward is really egood. I didn’t expect wolves to win against Denver somehow they did tonight. Wolves look like a matchup nightmare for Denver. Gordon isn’t going to be able overpowered wolves’ pf in that series and town going to make Gordon overcorrecting himself on defense. I don’t know if Miami should stay the course on developing Tyler herro, bam, Jovic, jjj. Wolves didn’t become this good overnight but over the course of the years . Wolves going to be a force for a long times.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#708 » by Daffy » Sun May 5, 2024 3:09 am

All these Jimmy Butler rumors from these sources. Reminds me of when a lot of yall believed in ICC's sources. Lol. Good times.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,514

Post#710 » by twix2500 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:52 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Get Mitchell (27 yrs old beginning of his prime) at all cost with Bam (26 yrs old starting the beginning of his prime). Fill in the complimentary players next summer. This is a rebuild not a reload. Maybe keep one of JJJ or Jovic but if they cant oh well. 3 yr rebuild.

A rebuild is a rebuild. The Heat had nobody when they got Timmy and Zo, took them 3 yrs to add Dan, Leonard, Mashburn, Ike. The Heat had nobody around Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Miller took them an extra year to get Battier, Birdman move Chalmers to starter get Noles etc. There was nobody of note here when the Heat got Butler and Dragic, they had to trust Herro, Bam, Nunn and Duncan. Took them 3 years to truly build a contender when they got Tucker, Martin, Dipo, and Lowry they were number one seed in the East but couldnt stay healthy and Butler missed that three. I get as a fan you dont want to have down years, you want a seamless transition. But that is not realistic.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,276

Post#711 » by dean456 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:00 am

Flash4thewin wrote:

I mean Utah were like top 4 in the West throughout those 5yrs and had like a 60%+ win/loss percentage. That team was also with a 21-25yo Mitchell not a Mitchell in his prime and also didn't have Spo and was in a tougher Western Conference.

Hell, Mitchell led his CLE team to a 4 seed with his second leading scorer averaging 18ppg this year and was the 4 seed last season too. Meanwhile, Miami have been in the play-in team the last two years. We had more success in the playoffs last season but still. being a Utah 2.0 as a starting point for a re-tool/re-build isn't the worst thing at all.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,876

Post#712 » by marson » Sun May 5, 2024 7:19 am

dean456 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

I mean Utah were like top 4 in the West throughout those 5yrs and had like a 60%+ win/loss percentage. That team was also with a 21-25yo Mitchell not a Mitchell in his prime and also didn't have Spo and was in a tougher Western Conference.

Hell, Mitchell led his CLE team to a 4 seed with his second leading scorer averaging 18ppg this year and was the 4 seed last season too. Meanwhile, Miami have been in the play-in team the last two years. We had more success in the playoffs last season but still. being a Utah 2.0 as a starting point for a re-tool/re-build isn't the worst thing at all.

Bam, Mitchell, Spo plus solid role players is a top 4 team in the east.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 930

Post#713 » by Pokuokic » Sun May 5, 2024 11:31 am

That Utah team Mitchell/Gobert were on, in the East is a top 2 seed and spank all these teams other than Boston in 5 games max.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,649

Post#714 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 5, 2024 12:44 pm

Whatever happens this off season I Feel like we can't get TOO upset, last 5 years have been pretty amazing in hindsight...

That Covid bubble run got me in my feels at the time...the entire **** world was panicking and we were celebrating awesome wins after awesome wins...was such a joyful relief..

Then last year was probably one of the most unexpected amazing runs in NBA history...An 8 seed crushing top seeds 1 after the other...so many epic moments..unprobable wins..epic historic performances by Jimmy and everyone stepping up at times..it was a movie just missing the perfect ending..

I want to be great every season, but I realize Every team has some down years..t's the circle of life.

I still expect/hope we pull of 1 big good move and a couple of smaller nice moves and come back much better next year. I think it's doable. We'll need some luck, feels like we're missing that lately.

Again whatever happens, Can't cry too much. Grateful for these last years. We'll be back soon enough.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,727

Post#715 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 5, 2024 1:04 pm

I think what youre saying Rex, is that we should blow it up and commit to a draft makeover?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,817

Post#716 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:11 pm

We've had an amazing run and even got Jaime out of that(!) an amazing young prospect-- can't wait to see what he can become.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,727

Post#717 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 5, 2024 1:15 pm

Bishop45 wrote:We've had an amazing run and even got Jaime out of that(!) an amazing young prospect-- can't wait to see what he can become.

Just need to restock the cupboards a bit. Shop for some more groceries.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#718 » by Hoops3355 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

A rebuild is a rebuild. The Heat had nobody when they got Timmy and Zo, took them 3 yrs to add Dan, Leonard, Mashburn, Ike. The Heat had nobody around Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Miller took them an extra year to get Battier, Birdman move Chalmers to starter get Noles etc. There was nobody of note here when the Heat got Butler and Dragic, they had to trust Herro, Bam, Nunn and Duncan. Took them 3 years to truly build a contender when they got Tucker, Martin, Dipo, and Lowry they were number one in the Heat but couldnt stay healthy and Butler missed that three. I get as a fan you dont want to have down years, you want a seamless transition. But that is not realistic.

Twix always appreciate you hitting the facts. The health issues the past couple of seasons have really derailed the Butler years you really can't blame the FO for making the moves and then them not working out due to injuries. Maybe they could have gone another direction with Lowry if it worked out that year we aren't having the revisionism that's gone on with his signing.
Miami / Chicago / London
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,115

Post#719 » by carnageta » Sun May 5, 2024 3:32 pm

Ingram makes a lot of sense if you can get him for Tyler Herro. Given that we're not moving Bam to the 4 any time soon; the best thing we can do to accommodate is to surround him with tall, lanky players on the perimeter.

Ingram is a proven scorer and Miami / Spo would probably get the best out of him. A lineup for Rozier, Ingram, Butler, Jovic, and Bam would be a phenomenal mix of size, scoring, and defence. Rozier at 6'1" would be the smallest guy on the court.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,514

Post#720 » by twix2500 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:00 pm

Question for this room. What are yout expectations for Jovic and Jaime Jr next season?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat