ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,324

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1361 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 5:06 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:lebron against little dudes with his skillset

Wade is a better man than most. Cost him a chip, a finals MVP, and made him 'hand the keys over' on his own franchise.

Just quote me lil buddy, point still stands. NBA players today are for more skilled than they were back then, nothing wrong with admitting that
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,230

Post#1362 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Anyway back to the offseason.

Realistically assuming we strike out this offseason again, what internal moves, what game plan can the team implement to improve the perceived value of the roster.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,846

Post#1363 » by Rapaz » Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:2011 is why LeBron is not and will never be GOAT. MJ never **** his pants like that in a Finals. Do you guys not remember that he literally could not post up JJ Barea who is normal person size?

Barea is a normal person's size? I thought he was about 5'8"

Either way, I get your point. Lebron allowed Jason Terry to shut him down on defense and JT is only about 6'2" max.

Four or five JJ Bareas can fit inside one of Mama Gayle’s Birkin bags.
CaliHeat
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#1364 » by CaliHeat » Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm

I want to ask Wade if he thinks Lebron choked in the Finals in 2011 because he wasnt gonna be Finals MVP. Lebron was fine against the Bulls and Celtics who were better at defense than the Mavericks. But somehow couldnt score against an old Mavericks team.

Lebron cant be the Goat because of that series. If Lebron played in 1988 he would have passed the ball to an open teammate with the game on the line. He can be some people's Goat but could never be mine, my expectations are higher.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Post#1365 » by Daffy » Fri May 10, 2024 5:47 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

The MJ nut hugging is kinda wild tbh. I watched MJ growing up and like the level of talent just between that era and now is wild different. Don't think you can compare accolades really. So I'll let MJ have his but LeBron career is way more impressive.

I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol

Lebron is on roids

and just because he's playing at 40 doesn't make his peak greater than MJ's

like what.

What confirmed proof do you have that he's on roids.

Just because someone's peak is better than another player's peak doesn't mean they're better. Bron's career long body of work during a more competitive era is the reason why he's the GOAT
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 596

Post#1366 » by Lennyzinho » Fri May 10, 2024 5:58 pm

Should I be glass half full or glass half empty with this Boston Cleveland series?

I can't figure out if I should cheer for Cleveland cuz fackboston or Boston cuz I'm a delusional heat fan and thinks there's a chance he comes here if Cleveland loses in 2nd round.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,736

Post#1367 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:Should I be glass half full or glass half empty with this Boston Cleveland series?

I can't figure out if I should cheer for Cleveland cuz fackboston or Boston cuz I'm a delusional heat fan and thinks there's a chance he comes here if Cleveland loses in 2nd round.

Worst case scenario is Celtics winning the series (because I loath them) but Cavs feeling good about their play and taking the series to 6 or 7 game, making Mitchell feel like he's a got a real team.

And that **** Scenario is where this chit is headed

FML
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#1368 » by carnageta » Fri May 10, 2024 6:07 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
carnageta wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
He just needs to get TF out at this point, with $90M allocated to Jimmy/Bam we simply need Tyler’s money going to a true running mate to those 2 guys. Herro isn’t it, has never been it. Doesn’t play defense and is a “good”
Offensive player. Better without him every time he goes down.

My guy, you're not going to find a 'true' running mate for what Herro is being paid. He got paid 27m this season.

Sure, there are anomalies, but they are extremely rare and hard to fine (i.e. Brunson).

Right it’s likely going to take Herros 29 plus Terrys 25 or Duncan’s 19. Or in the case of a Mitchell or Ingram, Herro 1 of the young guys, and 1-2 of the vets which is completely fine with me.

If Herro is as bad as you (and many others on here are saying) - then I'm sorry to say but him + Duncan will not fetch you a running mate next to Jimmy and Bam lol.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1369 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 6:11 pm

carnageta wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
carnageta wrote:

My guy, you're not going to find a 'true' running mate for what Herro is being paid. He got paid 27m this season.

Sure, there are anomalies, but they are extremely rare and hard to fine (i.e. Brunson).

Right it’s likely going to take Herros 29 plus Terrys 25 or Duncan’s 19. Or in the case of a Mitchell or Ingram, Herro 1 of the young guys, and 1-2 of the vets which is completely fine with me.

If Herro is as bad as you (and many others on here are saying) - then I'm sorry to say but him + Duncan will not fetch you a running mate next to Jimmy and Bam lol.

That’s where the picks and young guys come in handy on top of guys being on expirings who are essentially free agents
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1370 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 6:12 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:Should I be glass half full or glass half empty with this Boston Cleveland series?

He’s coming, Patrick ALWAYS gets his whale.
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,516

Post#1371 » by Beenie » Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm

CaliHeat wrote:I want to ask Wade if he thinks Lebron choked in the Finals in 2011 because he wasnt gonna be Finals MVP. Lebron was fine against the Bulls and Celtics who were better at defense than the Mavericks. But somehow couldnt score against an old Mavericks team.

Lebron cant be the Goat because of that series. If Lebron played in 1988 he would have passed the ball to an open teammate with the game on the line. He can be some people's Goat but could never be mine, my expectations are higher.

Wade would never admit that while sober

He’d give a political answer and default to the inexperience of playing on a “super team” and a void in chemistry being the culprit
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,042

Post#1372 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:43 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:Anyway back to the offseason.

Realistically assuming we strike out this offseason again, what internal moves, what game plan can the team implement to improve the perceived value of the roster.

They need to find a way to upgrade the role players. We’re not going to have two in their prime superstars come tip off next season, so the supporting cast has to improve greatly. Even if we do what a lot of fans are calling for like trading Herro and a young guy, that leaves us with the following role players:

Bam
Rozier
Duncan (degenerative back issues??)
1 of Jovic/Jaime
Delon

Those are the only remaining guys that would crack an 8 man rotation of the remaining playoff teams. They’ve got to get at least 2, maybe even 3 high quality rotation pieces and to be frank the money isnt there.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1373 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1374 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 6:48 pm

Whatever we do we’ve got to get our best and most available player Bam regular season help, then when Jimmy decides he cares we’ll be good as well likely have HCA in the 1st round
#FreeBam
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Post#1375 » by SerialChiller » Fri May 10, 2024 8:23 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:They clowning Jimmy in NY

Read on Twitter

I like how Hart acts like he doesn't know why Jimmy talking bout him. Umm did you maybe forget injuring him last year in the playoffs dude? :lol:
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#1376 » by Enso » Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

The MJ nut hugging is kinda wild tbh. I watched MJ growing up and like the level of talent just between that era and now is wild different. Don't think you can compare accolades really. So I'll let MJ have his but LeBron career is way more impressive.

I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol

Lebron is on roids

like what.

The roids he's on are on roids
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 596

Post#1377 » by Lennyzinho » Sat May 11, 2024 2:06 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

He’s coming, Patrick ALWAYS gets his whale.

Ole' Capt. Ahab.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,937

Post#1378 » by marson » Sat May 11, 2024 2:21 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

Lebron is on roids

like what.

I hate the fact that we have MJ's jersey displayed in the rafters at the Heat stadium, but as a child of the 90s who witnessed his second three-peat, I firmly believe he's the GOAT. LeBron's losses in 2011, 2014, and against the Warriors are etched in my memory, making it impossible for me to rank him above MJ. Given the choice, I'd trust Jordan to take the last shot for my life over LeBron without hesitation.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#1379 » by DayofMourning » Sat May 11, 2024 2:23 am

There have been lots of GOATS. Wilt. Kareem. Jordan. Lebron.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#1380 » by NightWatch » Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Tyler Herro’s career arch needs to become Reddick and Donte D type of role. I don’t think it can happen here though since the front office and coaching staff views seem cemented. Herro will thrive in his role once he’s out of here. Needs to be traded. Will be a win/win for both sides. Problem is both sides are stubborn.

I like me some tyler herro as a 6th man. Him starting is ewww. Him starting doesn’t really click.

Return to Miami Heat