ImageImageImage

THIS SEASON SUCKS...BUT

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

THIS SEASON SUCKS...BUT 

Post#1 » by HeatFanSince87 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:42 am

Been sitting back and kinda taking this crazy 8-28 kinda in awe. I know no one saw this coming...non one. However I am a firm believer in either suck bad and rebuild fast or contend for a ring (like Riley did after the 2002 season). The playoffs are fun...exciting, but unless we have a real shot for a ring(this season..we didnt), screw it, and get the parts that can help get us there.

I really feel this season is a blessing in disguise guys. We are in the rare position to be rebuilding, with a super star already in place, and a young one as well.

Just to win 30 games we have to go 22-25...not going to happen. So I see us looking at 24-26 wins. That's a top 5 pick in what should be a top 8 deep pool of talent between Beasley, Rose, etc. However think of the options this allows. We can either go for a young stud or use that pick(like Boston did) and get a proven all star ready to come right in to tag team with Wade.

I am not going to start going off what players we could get, however I really think if Riley does this right, we will be back in contention super fast...

Remember, there is nothing worse then being average...nothing. That's how you get stuck.

Maybe I am rambling and now sure if this should go in another thread. Just want you guys to know..I really feel we're trading one depressing season, for a player Wade can team with for the next 7-10 years! That's not even getting into who we can sign once Shaq's deal is up

On another note, as sick as it would be to have Odom, Butler, Wade, Jameer Nelson and Haslem(yes..very sick, lol) We got our rigng, and that can never be taken away from this franchise...EVER. Amazes me how many people now second guess it...

THE HEAT WILL RISE...SOON!
Oosh
Pro Prospect
And1: 39

Post#2 » by Oosh » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 am

Yep these are my exact thoughts and prob most HEAT fans thoughts... This season will hopefully just be remembered as "The season that got us [INSERT SUPERSTAR NAME HERE]".

Hopefully the bad luck ends starting with the Lottery during the playoffs.
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by HeatFanSince87 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 am

The 96-97 Spurs traded in one nightmare season, for TD and 4 rings....so, who knows!
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by HeatFanSince87 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:25 am

I mean, just last season, the 5th pick got Boston Ray Allen, and was it the 7th pick that got the Bobcats Jason Richerdson...this pick will open a lot of doors for us
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#5 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 am

HeatFanSince87 wrote:Maybe I am rambling and now sure if this should go in another thread.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.

Return to Miami Heat