ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#101 » by Wiltside » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:41 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Different strokes I guess. I loved BOTW, but I’ve always been a Zelda fan. My first Zelda game was The Adventure of Link on NES. I was a kid then and didn’t understand it or its brutal combat, but loved the setting and music. Finally beat it as an adult. Ocarina of Time obviously one of the all time greats too.

I really enjoy BOTW and TOTK. It makes me feel like that kid again, booting up AoL or OOT and reliving that same sense of excitement and wonder.

I remember TAOL. It took us a while to figure that one out as kids. When we finally beat it, we felt like kings. The one I loved was the one that came out with the SNES.

Another one I tried that got a lot of acclaim was Nier Automata. GOTY contender. Man, that was sooo boring. Wow.

To give you an idea of what I do enjoy the last several games Ive played are:

GOW Ragnarok
Wo Long
Ghost of Tsushima
Nioh 2
Elden Ring

Certainly those games are a lot more challenging than BOTW or TOTK. You might also prefer the more realistic art style and more nuanced combat options they provide.

Zelda is like playing a Ghibli movie. The actual gameplay itself is not that challenging, there are tougher moments but nothing insurmountable compared to Nioh or Elden Ring.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,972

Post#102 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:29 am

Wiltside wrote:Certainly those games are a lot more challenging than BOTW or TOTK. You might also prefer the more realistic art style and more nuanced combat options they provide.

Zelda is like playing a Ghibli movie. The actual gameplay itself is not that challenging, there are tougher moments but nothing insurmountable compared to Nioh or Elden Ring.

I remember when Demon Souls came out in the late 2000s. A guy at the convenience store said he was playing it and remarked on how hard it was. I laughed and said I didnt have time for that crazy hard stuff.

Now, its what I long for. The reward is nailing the timing and overcoming the challenge. Some of the bosses in the Souls games and Team Ninja games are incredible challenges.

Speaking of Ghibli, did you ever play Ni No Kuni?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#103 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Certainly those games are a lot more challenging than BOTW or TOTK. You might also prefer the more realistic art style and more nuanced combat options they provide.

I remember when Demon Souls came out in the late 2000s. A guy at the convenience store said he was playing it and remarked on how hard it was. I laughed and said I didnt have time for that crazy hard stuff.

Now, its what I long for. The reward is nailing the timing and overcoming the challenge. Some of the bosses in the Souls games and Team Ninja games are incredible challenges.

Oh yeah I remember getting one of the soul games back in the day during a very busy and stressful time in my life a couple weeks into it I gave up on it. It was making me feel more miserable when I just wanted to have fun. It was until later in my life I went back and played it with more patience and also took the time to watch some Youtube videos of tips and tricks, and I started getting a better feel for the game. Dying mercilessly over and over is not my idea of fun, but the challenge yeah that was good.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,972

Post#104 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:46 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Oh yeah I remember getting one of the soul games back in the day during a very busy and stressful time in my life a couple weeks into it I gave up on it. It was making me feel more miserable when I just wanted to have fun. It was until later in my life I went back and played it with more patience and also took the time to watch some Youtube videos of tips and tricks, and I started getting a better feel for the game. Dying mercilessly over and over is not my idea of fun, but the challenge yeah that was good.

The first one I ended up trying was Bloodborne. I bought a PS4 just so I could play it. That one was an extreme entry in to the genre.

Ive played all the FromSoft titles now and theyre my faves.

Im off today and am giving the Berserkers a shot in GOW Ragnarok. Theres one fight where they pit 3 of them against you at once. I enjoy a challenge but this ones a bit unfair. You can be laying waste to them, then all 3 will focus solely on you with unblockable attacks. Fake difficulty.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#105 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:22 am

Don't bother fighting them until you're many higher levels than they are. I tried fighting them when they were equal level or slightly higher and it was an exercise in frustration. Don't try to kill the sisters, focus on the main one. Avoid locking onto the main one and avoid blocking unless you must, dodging and looking at your surroundings is how to win this fight. Try to keep distance and use the spear. Counterattack the main one, memorise the call outs for the sisters' attacks so you can dodge them. It's a very frustrating fight but not impossible.

I'm playing FF16 right now and Bahamut is gonna go down as one of the best fights in gaming history.

I can't f'ing wait to go to one of these games and see the GOAT in person!
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,937

Post#106 » by marson » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:59 am

Oppenheimer is the bomb (no pun intended) 10/10
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,053

Post#107 » by contract » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:41 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:

LeBron James and Kim Kardashian among celebrities at Messi's Inter Miami debut

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/soccer/lebron-james-and-kim-kardashian-among-celebrities-at-messis-inter-miami-debut/3076615/

And both there for the same reason. If there's a spotlight somewhere ... :lol:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#108 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:03 pm

contract wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:

LeBron James and Kim Kardashian among celebrities at Messi's Inter Miami debut

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/soccer/lebron-james-and-kim-kardashian-among-celebrities-at-messis-inter-miami-debut/3076615/

And both there for the same reason. If there's a spotlight somewhere ... :lol:

Yeah two attention whores.
Cabrón was at Le Mans too and waved the starter flag. Dude just has to let the whole world know he's at an event :roll:
contract
RealGM

Post#109 » by contract » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:18 pm

I don't remember if politics is allowed in this thread but I'm going to drop this here.

Ron DeSantis: Slavery wasn't all bad for the slaves. :banghead:

https://youtube.com/shorts/7QXqs1_DehA?feature=share

Mods know what to do if this violates forum rules.
contract
RealGM

Post#110 » by contract » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:19 pm

I don't even know if that even qualifies as politics. That is so **** outrageous.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 12,050

Post#111 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:02 pm

Beasley and Chalmers playing on CBS right now Big 3 League
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#112 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:45 pm

contract wrote:I don't even know if that even qualifies as politics. That is so **** outrageous.

Exactly what it is. Their base feeds off of the left being outraged, they package and resell it as white resentment.

At this point, if we're not going to responsibly regulate it, civilization might be better off without any central media, just wipe out the internet and start over. Hope that people will come out of their enclaves and actually talk to one another
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,252

Post#113 » by AirP. » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:08 pm

With a slow offseason, I'm going back looking at MJ plays that aren't on the normal highlight clips. If you didn't watched him during his career, game after game, you may not understand how special he was, his "top plays" just don't really do him justice. I just hope to one day see a player nearly as good or as special as MJ was.

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#114 » by carnageta » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:18 pm

AirP. wrote:With a slow offseason, I'm going back looking at MJ plays that aren't on the normal highlight clips. If you didn't watched him during his career, game after game, you may not understand how special he was, his "top plays" just don't really do him justice. I just hope to one day see a player nearly as good or as special as MJ was.

Do Lebron James and Kobe Bryant come close? What separates MJ from those two (2) guys?

(Not trying to stir up an argument - just generally curious on your opinions / insights as I never got to witness MJ play live).
AirP.
RealGM

Post#115 » by AirP. » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 pm

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:With a slow offseason, I'm going back looking at MJ plays that aren't on the normal highlight clips. If you didn't watched him during his career, game after game, you may not understand how special he was, his "top plays" just don't really do him justice. I just hope to one day see a player nearly as good or as special as MJ was.

Do Lebron James and Kobe Bryant come close? What separates MJ from those two (2) guys?

(Not trying to stir up an argument - just generally curious on your opinions / insights as I never got to witness MJ play live).

It's everything, offense, defense, dunking, shooting, posting up, passing and how routine great plays/moves were for him, it's just hard to explain how special he was but those videos I posted unlike top play/highlight videos are just play after play after play and with that you should start to get a sense that these incredible plays weren't just highlights, they were routine for him.

It seems that most of the plays in these videos were pre-baseball break for MJ, the 2nd threepeat he was a little older, more under control, trying not to not waste as much energy on the court like he did when he was younger.

To me, nobody comes close but that doesn't mean there hasn't been incredible players throughout the history of the NBA.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#116 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:03 am

2023 politics is wild, democracy is but a turtle laying in the street rn. It's fate resting in the hands of folks who will otherwise be bystanders

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#117 » by Bishop45 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 7:00 am

First time that I've seen the real Daniel Hersl-- good grief, dude that acted as him got all of his mannerisms down to a science

edit: no, i'm wrong. Dude is supposed to be Wayne Jenkins

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM

Post#118 » by AirP. » Wed Aug 2, 2023 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,903

Post#119 » by Tony15 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 8:35 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
contract wrote:I don't even know if that even qualifies as politics. That is so **** outrageous.

Exactly what it is. Their base feeds off of the left being outraged, they package and resell it as white resentment.

At this point, if we're not going to responsibly regulate it, civilization might be better off without any central media, just wipe out the internet and start over. Hope that people will come out of their enclaves and actually talk to one another

Mainstream media would be fine if they focused on stories that meant a damn to everyday people instead of hammering the same **** over and over for clicks & gaslighting.
contract
RealGM

Post#120 » by contract » Wed Aug 2, 2023 8:56 pm

"Slavery benefited black people" is a hell of a hill to die on.

Return to Miami Heat