ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,819

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#101 » by al bondiga » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:57 pm

greg4012 wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
What does that mean?

First option to score points on a championship team? No.

Lead overall contributor on a championship team? He can continue to develop into that
Well, it means that Unfortunately, I don't think he can still be the most contribution player in the championship team.

It means that to you. I zoom out for the whole picture. Not the pre-made construct of what the box score says is the picture.
It means The bam has slowly becomed a workhorse.... And he identifies as a workhorse... Instead of The stallion we All knew he could be
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,275

Post#102 » by greg4012 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:58 pm

al bondiga wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
al bondiga wrote: Well, it means that Unfortunately, I don't think he can still be the most contribution player in the championship team.

It means that to you. I zoom out for the whole picture. Not the pre-made construct of what the box score says is the picture.
It means The bam has slowly becomed a workhorse.... And he identifies as a workhorse... Instead of The stallion we All knew he could be

Abstract characterizations again

I think Bam has done a great job of becoming the top snazzler and he will continue to emerge as the real mccoy for all the days of sunset future
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,348

Post#103 » by AirP. » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:34 pm

al bondiga wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
al bondiga wrote:I love bam and Everything he does when he is on the court... But does anybody think he will become a first wheel??

Trying to get him to be a 2nd option. Butler is the first option. The Heat hasnt had a real second option next to Butler since Dragic run in the bubble. Bam has been showing very good progress at learning how to be a reliable 2nd option.
They are irony , is that I think bam is a better player than Jimmy
bam is Our best player without a doubt

He stands out from his backups because Miami doesn't have anything decent behind him so there's a huge dropoff from him when he's not on the court.

I'll say this, in my opinion a team with Butler and a solid center has a chance to go way deeper into the playoffs than Bam and a solid wing. Its why Butler won't be moved even at his current age because with him Miami has a chance at the finals, without him Miami doesn't have any chance.

What I do love about Bam is that he raises the floor of the team greatly as an incredible defender and decent scorer.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,421

Post#104 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:49 pm

greg4012 wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
What does that mean?

First option to score points on a championship team? No.

Lead overall contributor on a championship team? He can continue to develop into that
Well, it means that Unfortunately, I don't think he can still be the most contribution player in the championship team.

PPG tho!!!!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#105 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:51 pm

AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Trying to get him to be a 2nd option. Butler is the first option. The Heat hasnt had a real second option next to Butler since Dragic run in the bubble. Bam has been showing very good progress at learning how to be a reliable 2nd option.

He stands out from his backups because Miami doesn't have anything decent behind him so there's a huge dropoff from him when he's not on the court.

I'll say this, in my opinion a team with Butler and a solid center has a chance to go way deeper into the playoffs than Bam and a solid wing. Its why Butler won't be moved even at his current age because with him Miami has a chance at the finals, without him Miami doesn't have any chance.

What I do love about Bam is that he raises the floor of the team greatly as an incredible defender and decent scorer.

That can be said about both. We don’t have a chance without either
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#106 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:52 pm

Mavs suck, getting spanked by the Sixers unless something changes in the 4th.

I’m sure they’ll play out of their asses and beat us when we play though
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,933

Post#107 » by Bishop45 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:53 pm

Didn't watch last game, but this is the point in time in which we'll see if Wright stays in rotation or makes guest appearances
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#108 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:55 pm

But hey this is why you take care of business against bad teams and don’t blow 20+ point leads multiple times over the course of a season, so you’re not relying on other teams to take care of business for you like we do every season
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#109 » by AirP. » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:08 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote: They are irony , is that I think bam is a better player than Jimmy

Not really, an offense player who can score nearly at will can negate a whole defense, it's why the championship is usually won by a team with this type of player, a guy like Bam can't negate a whole offense with his play but can take away their top options. We saw in the bubble Butler willing Miami to 2 finals wins with little help; I don't think Bam could ever do that. This isn't to belittle Bam, it just means he doesn't have an elite offensive game in him.

The issue for Butler other than his age is that he's prone to some type of injury that will limit his ceiling and when that happens, Miami doesn't have much of a chance.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 437

Post#110 » by jbsays » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:21 pm

Lowry playing crunch time minutes for 76ers. He just blew by his defender and then blew a wide open layup.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#111 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:27 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:He stands out from his backups because Miami doesn't have anything decent behind him so there's a huge dropoff from him when he's not on the court.

Not really, an offense player who can score nearly at will can negate a whole defense, it's why the championship is usually won by a team with this type of player, a guy like Bam can't negate a whole offense with his play but can take away their top options. We saw in the bubble Butler willing Miami to 2 finals wins with little help; I don't think Bam could ever do that. This isn't to belittle Bam, it just means he doesn't have an elite offensive game in him.

The issue for Butler other than his age is that he's prone to some type of injury that will limit his ceiling and when that happens, Miami doesn't have much of a chance.

Without Bams defense we’re bounced round 1 last year regardless of what Jimmy was doing.

Just to be clear Jimmy is definitely the better player, we’re not doing **** without either though and that’s a fact.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#112 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:29 pm

jbsays wrote:Lowry playing crunch time minutes for 76ers. He just blew by his defender and then blew a wide open layup.

Unfortunately Kyrie was sleeping on defense, blowing layups and bricking wide open 3s or that might’ve actually been able to pull off the comeback.

DJJ is killing it, big offensive game and has Maxey in hell
#FreeBam
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,344

Post#113 » by SerialChiller » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:57 pm

38/11/10 (albeit 7TOs) from Luka and you still find a way to lose to the 6ers without Embiid lol
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#114 » by SerialChiller » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:00 pm

I love how Lowry is stuck in a Hornets jersey for his profile picture on ESPN right now hahaha.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 856

Post#115 » by ZoStrong » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:20 pm

AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Lol, Butler w a MVP level center in Embii didn't go deeper
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,839

Post#116 » by Daffy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:53 am

ZoStrong wrote:
AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote: They are irony , is that I think bam is a better player than Jimmy

To be fair that team wasn't built around Jimmy and Ben Simmons was a major disappointment.
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#117 » by SerialChiller » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:56 am

Daffy wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:
AirP. wrote:He stands out from his backups because Miami doesn't have anything decent behind him so there's a huge dropoff from him when he's not on the court.

To be fair that team wasn't built around Jimmy and Ben Simmons was a major disappointment.

And Embiid is a playoff choker. It was perfect with him Harden and Doc Rivers...3 choke artists together was pure entertainment :lol:.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#118 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:08 am

ZoStrong wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Right, they got 1 shot away from probably winning it all. As good as Philly was, Kawhi was in MJ mode which was awesome to see.

Also, B.Brown dramatically changed how they played in the playoffs which they weren't use to, Butler was right to say it was wrong to take the ball away from Simmons in the playoffs and put him in the dunker's spot. B.Brown screwed that team, they should have moved Simmons to the dunker's spot in the regular season and build the team around Embiid and Butler but instead Butler was used like R.Covington most of the season. Coache's can limit a team's ceiling and B.Brown did that for Philly.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#119 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:13 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Daffy wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

And Embiid is a playoff choker. It was perfect with him Harden and Doc Rivers...3 choke artists together was pure entertainment :lol:.

Which is why Embiid and Butler were a great pair, Embiid could dominate for the first 3 quarters and Butler could have closed out games. But Philly screwed up once again just like they did adding 3 years straight of high center lottery picks. They let Butler walk and Miami reaped the benifits.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#120 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:01 am

Daffy wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

Simmons was putting up 17-9-8 with all nba defense at that point
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat