ImageImageImage

Damian Lillard Trade Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

contract
RealGM
And1: 21,089

Re: Damian Lillard Trade Thread 

Post#121 » by contract » Sun Jul 2, 2023 7:30 am

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#122 » by ShulaDon92 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 7:15 pm

In fact, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Sunday that Portland is not trying to accommodate Lillard’s Heat request and thus “Miami does not have any advantage” over the rest of the league. The Blazers are “open for business everywhere in the league,” Woj said.

-SHULA
contract
RealGM

Post#123 » by contract » Mon Jul 3, 2023 2:00 am

I'll be going to bed soon. Maybe tomorrow will suck less than today. :pray:
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#124 » by JKiddy » Thu Jul 6, 2023 2:15 pm

If I am Miami, I make a deal TODAY. I give POR whatever they want (within reason) because BOS is known to snipe players.

Dame can easily go to BOS today and learn to be happy there.

Step it up. Work with BK to get them what they need to take Herro and make POR happy enough to let their "Wade" come to MIA in his prime.

You realize how ridiculous this is right? You are getting Dame with 2 years left of his prime possibly in Miami.

Be thankful boys and gals.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Damian Lillard Trade Thread 

Post#125 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 6, 2023 7:22 pm

Nets fan coming in peace. How can we get Celeb Martin out of a deal for Herro working with Portland?

This is what would be on the table as options:

- Edmond Sumner (2.8 million) expiring contract. Had a breakout season after injury and a very explosive backup point guard putting up solid numbers in short minutes.

- Royce O’neale’s expiring contract OR Dorian Finney Smith expiring contract.

- Cam Thomas on a rookie deal. Potential 6MOTY upside.

- Ben Simmons....(yeah, I know....)

- 2025 1st via PHX

- 2027 1st via Philly (Top 1-8) and same year Embiid is a UFA.

- $18M TPE via DET

- $19M TPE via PHX

This is some of parts that you could pick something out of. The Nets want to keep the MLE and stay under the tax, so Miami and Portland is getting some combo of those assets.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 442

Post#126 » by NightWatch » Thu Jul 6, 2023 8:06 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Wouldnt mind landing Kyrie if the Damian thing doesnt come to fruition

Herro and Lowry for Irving makes some sense as if you give Irving somewhere close to a max deal for 5 years then Lowry and Herro's salary come close to what Irving is going to cost. Then you make a separate deal of Robinson for Hardaway Jr. to complete the trade. Mavs would be a team I would see having a lot of interest in Herro and we know Cuban likes Robinson personally. Instead of losing Irving for nothing this would make sense for them.

C Bam Adebayo
PF Kevin Love/PF Nikola Jovic
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
PG Kyrie Irving

Honestly not too shabby

I also believe Kyrie's behaviour issues here with the Heat will be well under control. If he is motivated and feeling good with his teammates he can still be an extremely dangerous offensive player.

Dame is not coming. He's too expensive. He's going to cost you Bam. Not a chance any other teams going to help the Heat if Tyler and scraps are Heat's only offer. Tyler is not going to fetch us 2 first rounders. People on here stated the reason why Blazers doesn't want Tyler Herro is because they have too many guards. No, it's more like they are not high on him. If Tyler Herro is as good as Devin Brooker or peak Klay Thompson. I guarantee you they will trade Dame already.

Herro could maybe at best get you Hardin or Levine or DeRozan or maybe Paul George if Heat insist on stars, out of these players, given Levine or DeRozan's situation with the Bulls, Heat have better chance of landing either players for Herro than Dame. there is a chance Heat could get Harden for Herro and scraps if Harden looking to get out of Phil. Not sure if Heat wants Hardin given his past playoff performance but imagine Harden go back to his mvp-self. He could land you Dame.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#127 » by gom » Thu Jul 6, 2023 8:07 pm

JKiddy wrote:If I am Miami, I make a deal TODAY. I give POR whatever they want (within reason) because BOS is known to snipe players.

Dame can easily go to BOS today and learn to be happy there.

Step it up. Work with BK to get them what they need to take Herro and make POR happy enough to let their "Wade" come to MIA in his prime.

You realize how ridiculous this is right? You are getting Dame with 2 years left of his prime possibly in Miami.

Be thankful boys and gals.

If Portland is so stupid to trade for Jaylen Brown, I think we should let them. We can still beat the Celtics.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Letsgokings
Senior
And1: 766

Post#128 » by Letsgokings » Fri Jul 7, 2023 12:21 am

Welp everyone on the GB hates us again. OOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS
joeschmo
Junior
And1: 404

Post#129 » by joeschmo » Fri Jul 7, 2023 1:21 am

Letsgokings wrote:Welp everyone on the GB hates us again. OOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS

the hate is strong, feels like 2010 again
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,348

Post#130 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:27 pm

I'll post in here even though Miami's off season is on hold until this is resolved... JUST LIKE LAST YEAR WITH KD.

Since the national media won't talk about this let me post the info here from the article headlined. It's basically a Miami/OKC draft pick situation but Miami isn't trying to tank like Portland is.

Portland Trail Blazers: Chicago Bulls have a lock on Blazers future
Due to a trade made by former General Manager Neil Olshey, the Portland Trail Blazers owe Chicago a lottery-protected first round pick. Until this deal is concluded, the Blazers can’t trade any of their future first round picks until 2029.

It’s a sticky situation for current GM Joe Cronin. Due to NBA rules which say teams can’t trade first round picks in back-to-back years, the Portland Trail Blazers are stuck in limbo since they don’t know when Chicago will exercise their option.

How did they lose that pick?
This is the trade that brought Larry Nance Jr. to Rip City. In the deal, Chicago got a lottery-protected 2022 first round pick.

Portland was in the 2022 lottery, so it carried over to 2023. And the Trail Blazers were again a lottery team. This pick can slide all the way to 2028 if Portland stays in the lottery.

In a way, Chicago holds the Blazers hostage. But Portland has a few outs, as Cronin said in his post-deadline press conference back in February.

“Chicago and I talk pretty much during every transaction window where it’s ‘Hey, if it becomes necessary, would you be open to this,’ we lay a real light foundation to where ‘I’ll call you if things heat up,’”

“It’s negotiable, it’s whatever we work out, whether we change the protections to a certain year and deliver it or whether we incentivize it somehow just to get the full pick back. It could be a player, it could be all kinds of variations.”

That’s probably why he acquired a 2023 first round pick from New York in the Josh Hart trade. Probably because Chicago hasn’t agreed to take the pick yet.

https://pacificnwsports.com/portland-trail-blazers-bulls-key-future/

Portland is trying to rebuild without tell Lillard they've decided to rebuild, they just keep hanging that gathering assets to build around you carrot out there and finally Lillard has figured it out.
contract
RealGM

Post#131 » by contract » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:26 pm

People seem intent on making excuses for Dame. I'll say it again, what Portland is doing is no different that what the Heat did with Jimmy. We didn't traded away Bam and Herro for immediate help. We held on to them and Jimmy was just expected to drag them into the playoffs. Jimmy did. Dame couldn't. Acting like Portland was doing Dame wrong is ridiculous.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,299

Post#132 » by SA37 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:21 pm

Don't know if this has been said yet, but my feeling is that Portland has no intention of trading Lillard and is hoping the team will play better than expected and that that will convince Lillard to back down from his trade request. Perhaps if the team "underachieves" or simply plays to the low expectations, the franchise will change course and trade Lillard.

Tbh, I think Lillard's trade request is likely half-hearted. I think he is happy to stay in Portland and play out his contract even if that won't necessarily have him competing for a title. It would be shocking if Lillard started pulling the types of antics we've seen from other stars.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#133 » by AirP. » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 pm

Just saw this, not sure if true but I'm posting here just in case.

BTW... how about pinning this thread so it's easier to find so we use this instead of the main Miami off season one.

Read on Twitter
contract
RealGM

Post#134 » by contract » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:11 pm

AirP. wrote:Just saw this, not sure if true but I'm posting here just in case.

BTW... how about pinning this thread so it's easier to find so we use this instead of the main Miami off season one.

Read on Twitter

If we used this one for the Dame stuff there would be no use for the other one.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,283

Post#135 » by Hoops23 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 7:37 am

Whatever is the Heat offer for Damian Lillard, its the best offer for Portland.
Because obviously its the only deal on the table.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#136 » by AirP. » Wed Aug 2, 2023 1:56 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Whatever is the Heat offer for Damian Lillard, its the best offer for Portland.

Then why wouldn't they just keep Lillard if they didn't like the deal and wait for a possible better deal?

I get it's counterproductive for Portland to keep Lillard since he'd hurt their draft pick (if they can keep it), it takes the ball out of the younger player's hands to somewhat stunt their growth but if they can just wait and expect a better overall package while still tanking this year why wouldn't they.

With a team that has Lillard, Grant, Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, Nurkic, Thybulle and even Little, they have enough to package together to get Lillard some help. It seems to me, if you can put a good/great defense on the floor and have a couple high level scorers you can be a contender and give yourself a shot. The issue with Portland in my view is the starting SG and C. They need more defense out of both of those positions to be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
contract
RealGM

Post#137 » by contract » Thu Aug 3, 2023 2:08 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:Whatever is the Heat offer for Damian Lillard, its the best offer for Portland.

Then why wouldn't they just keep Lillard if they didn't like the deal and wait for a possible better deal?

I get it's counterproductive for Portland to keep Lillard since he'd hurt their draft pick (if they can keep it), it takes the ball out of the younger player's hands to somewhat stunt their growth but if they can just wait and expect a better overall package while still tanking this year why wouldn't they.

With a team that has Lillard, Grant, Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, Nurkic, Thybulle and even Little, they have enough to package together to get Lillard some help. It seems to me, if you can put a good/great defense on the floor and have a couple high level scorers you can be a contender and give yourself a shot. The issue with Portland in my view is the starting SG and C. They need more defense out of both of those positions to be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Dame didn't hurt their draft pick last season.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#138 » by AirP. » Thu Aug 3, 2023 3:03 pm

contract wrote:
AirP. wrote:

No? Why did they sit him the last 10 games so they could go 1-9 if he wasn't hurting their draft pick last year? Toss in trading a solid vet in Hart early February when they were just under .500 and maybe... they're a little better than what their record actually showed without tossing in the tanking aspect.

With the growth of their young players, the addition or a high level rookie in Scoot and also adding Murray with Lillard probably not willing to sit again (since it was rumored he sat to upgrade their draft asset to get him help), it's very possible this is a middle of the road team and with that, could be a little nervous about losing their top 14 protected pick to Chicago and at the very least not have a very good shot at being at the top of the draft which they tanked to do this last season.

I still don't understand why Portland didn't pivot to look to move Simons in a package to try to get some help for Lillard once they drafted Scoot.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#139 » by AirP. » Thu Aug 3, 2023 3:53 pm

contract
RealGM

Post#140 » by contract » Thu Aug 3, 2023 6:31 pm

AirP. wrote:
contract wrote:
AirP. wrote:Then why wouldn't they just keep Lillard if they didn't like the deal and wait for a possible better deal?

No? Why did they sit him the last 10 games so they could go 1-9 if he wasn't hurting their draft pick last year? Toss in trading a solid vet in Hart early February when they were just under .500 and maybe... they're a little better than what their record actually showed without tossing in the tanking aspect.

With the growth of their young players, the addition or a high level rookie in Scoot and also adding Murray with Lillard probably not willing to sit again (since it was rumored he sat to upgrade their draft asset to get him help), it's very possible this is a middle of the road team and with that, could be a little nervous about losing their top 14 protected pick to Chicago and at the very least not have a very good shot at being at the top of the draft which they tanked to do this last season.

I still don't understand why Portland didn't pivot to look to move Simons in a package to try to get some help for Lillard once they drafted Scoot.

They sat Dame because they were hopelessly out of the playoffs. That's hardly usual at the end of the season. I don't think trading 9 ppg Josh Hart had any impact on anything. They flipped a guy with an expiring deal and Duncan Robinson level production for a 1st round pick. It was a good move. Too bad we didn't do the same. :lol:

Return to Miami Heat