ImageImageImage

Allstar Sunday night 2/18/24 @ 8 PM!! Bam bout to show out!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,333

Re: Allstar Sunday night 2/18/24 @ 8 PM!! Bam bout to show out! 

Post#121 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:46 am

Spo needs to unleash the Bam 3 ball, the takes in here are awful, and Dame is clearly washed
#FreeBam
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Re: Allstar Saturday night 2/17/24 @ 8 PM!! Go Jaime! 

Post#122 » by Pokuokic » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:25 am

insfo wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Exquisite

The first attempt of the dunk before he did that useless glove dunk was even more comical! I actually thought it was part of the act, but no…it was an actual attempt at a dunk!

I thought the white glove thing was for OJ since the evidence (glove) didn't match with the killer, and everyone knows Brown is no killer on the court.
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,048

Post#123 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:59 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Spo needs to unleash the Bam 3 ball, the takes in here are awful, and Dame is clearly washed

Bro… did you really just use a zero defense game that reached into the 200s to make a passive aggressive attempt to validate and justify Dame? :lol: you are truly something… by that measure Bam sucks cause he couldn’t score more than 3 points in that same environment!
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#124 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:31 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Spo needs to unleash the Bam 3 ball, the takes in here are awful, and Dame is clearly washed

Bro… did you really just use a zero defense game that reached into the 200s to make a passive aggressive attempt to validate and justify Dame? :lol: you are truly something… by that measure Bam sucks cause he couldn’t score more than 3 points in that same environment!

Dame an all star starter his first season of the contract that had you pissing your pants this summer, I told you he’d be an all star all 4 seasons so stay tuned.

This is on a team where he’s neutered too. If you all don’t understand from a basketball standpoint how different things would be here as opposed to in Milwaukee then there’s really no point in discussing ball with some of you
#FreeBam
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,885

Post#125 » by unowen85 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:38 pm

I hope last night was a wake up call for Bam. He’s been the same player the last four years and needs to develop his offensive repertoire.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#126 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm

unowen85 wrote:I hope last night was a wake up call for Bam. He’s been the same player the last four years and needs to develop his offensive repertoire.

You’re trying to hard brother, here’s me acknowledging you though :)
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,138

Post#127 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm

The whole 'Lillard is washed; we dodged a bullet; he'd be similar to Lowry' is just a homer take by Heat fans as a coping mechanism. Dame is literally the best PG in the Eastern conference and would average 27ppg+ on our team on above league average efficiency.

'The Bucks are struggling; they're done; Dame is washed!' - well, they're still on pace to win over 50 games (something we've done just 1 time in the past 10 years lol). Hiring Doc was moronic though - I admit that.. but that's on upper management (and Giannis) and Dame has nothing to do with that.

Yon don't fear Terry Rozier in a playoff series. You don't fear Tyler Herro in a playoff series. These guys are going to shrink in game 7. Dame will make all of the difference in the world come the playoffs and the homers here will then understand, but completely act as if they weren't doubting Dame all along :lol:

'But.. but.. Dame's 4th year of the contract is going to blow!' - who gives a flying fk lmao. You're going to give Jimmy and Bam the best chance at a ring in that timeframe and may even come up with a championship or two. That's worth having a sh*t 2-3 year stretch after that (and by sh*t for Miami Heat standards it still means a chance at playoff basketball).
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#128 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:48 pm

carnageta wrote:The whole 'Lillard is washed; we dodged a bullet; he'd be similar to Lowry' is just a homer take by Heat fans as a coping mechanism. Dame is literally the best PG in the Eastern conference and would average 27ppg+ on our team on above league average efficiency.

'The Bucks are struggling; they're done; Dame is washed!' - well, they're still on pace to win over 50 games (something we've done just 1 time in the past 10 years lol). Hiring Doc was moronic though - I admit that.. but that's on upper management (and Giannis) and Dame has nothing to do with that.

Yon don't fear Terry Rozier in a playoff series. You don't fear Tyler Herro in a playoff series. These guys are going to shrink in game 7. Dame will make all of the difference in the world come the playoffs and the homers here will then understand, but completely act as if they weren't doubting Dame all along :lol:

'But.. but.. Dame's 4th year of the contract is going to blow!' - who gives a flying fk lmao. You're going to give Jimmy and Bam the best chance at a ring in that timeframe and may even come up with a championship or two. That's worth having a sh*t 2-3 year stretch after that (and by sh*t for Miami Heat standards it still means a chance at playoff basketball).

Exactly lmao!! Acting like we dodged a bullet because Herro had a nice start to the season, Jovic has a good game or 2, and Jaime had a solid stretch is fuxking hilarious :lol:

Dame would have us right there with the Celtics in the standings competing for MVP because he’d be averaging close to 30 on high efficiency. He would’ve opened things up for Jimmy and Bam a ton as well.

This same delusional ass thinking is the same line of thinking that has kept the FO from making the right moves when they were right in front of their face and has likely cost us a championship for this build.
#FreeBam
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#129 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:11 pm

Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bam doesn't want to take them in games though unless it's a rushed blown play at the end of the shot clock. :/
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#130 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:16 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bam doesn't want to take them in games though unless it's a rushed blown play at the end of the shot clock. :/

He gave you the quote brother, following the top dogs orders!
#FreeBam
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,048

Post#131 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:00 pm

You two are hilarious… acting as if anyone said he would be washed this soon. The common sentiment was that he would play up to his contract year 1 and 2, but not year 3 and 4. Funny how those pushing narratives often skew the facts in their favor.

Kudos to Dame though for winning the 3pt contest and shining in the All Star game. Let’s just not act as if the zero defense game was not Dame in his element. I am rooting for the guy to play well… just not against us. :lol:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#132 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:You two are hilarious… acting as if anyone said he would be washed this soon. The common sentiment was that he would play up to his contract year 1 and 2, but not year 3 and 4. Funny how those pushing narratives often skew the facts in their favor.

Kudos to Dame though for winning the 3pt contest and shining in the All Star game. Let’s just not act as if the zero defense game was not Dame in his element. I am rooting for the guy to play well… just not against us. :lol:

We just prefer giving ourselves the best chance at a championship over hoping Jovic is one day half the player Franz Wagner is, that’s all.

Like you and I have said, get someone like DM and all is forgiven. If not we’ll, we managed to waste peak Jimmy who also had an entering his prime Bam
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran

Post#133 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:13 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:You two are hilarious… acting as if anyone said he would be washed this soon. The common sentiment was that he would play up to his contract year 1 and 2, but not year 3 and 4. Funny how those pushing narratives often skew the facts in their favor.

What basis do ya'll have that Dame wouldn't live up to his contract in year 3 or 4? Ya'll are basing that off of Lowry - who lets be honest, probably isn't even going to be a top 150 basketball player of all-time, whereas Dame already has an argument for top 75 despite being only 33 YO. The talent difference between Lowry and Dame is massively huge.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#134 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:16 pm

"Dames going to suck in year 3 and 4!! We'd be screwed!" - oh yeah? Well at that point he's essentially an expiring, and we all know how much value expirings have. FFS, Lowry was an expiring and isn't even 1/3 of the player Dame will be 3 years from now and we flipped him for Rozier (who everyone is ecstatic about).
carnageta
Veteran

Post#135 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:21 pm

FWIW, based off of the evidence it's pretty clear that Conin wouldn't even consider us in the trade. I think the FO really tried to get Dame but the Blazers GM turned down a package of Herro, Jovic, Caleb, 2 future 1sts, Robinson, etc.

But when Heat fans pretend like Dame is 'washed' and that we 'dodged' a bullet, that's just coping IMO. Dame today would have been the best guard we've had since probably 2013 version of Dwyane Wade.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#136 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:49 pm

Carnageta is COOKING
#FreeBam
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Post#137 » by Wiltside » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:56 pm

carnageta wrote:FWIW, based off of the evidence it's pretty clear that Conin wouldn't even consider us in the trade. I think the FO really tried to get Dame but the Blazers GM turned down a package of Herro, Jovic, Caleb, 2 future 1sts, Robinson, etc.

But when Heat fans pretend like Dame is 'washed' and that we 'dodged' a bullet, that's just coping IMO. Dame today would have been the best guard we've had since probably 2013 version of Dwyane Wade.

Hard to argue with a lot of it, Carna.

I do agree that people talking about Dame being washed are exaggerating. The guy can still play at a high level. He might be a traffic cone on defense, but that's no different to a lot of guys - Herro and Rozier included. Offensively he'd easily have been our most dynamic threat since Wade, and a great pairing with Butler and Bam in the postseason.

I can say though that I'm not ultimately that mad it didn't work out. I still enjoy watching the Heat, and feel that we haven't mortgaged the future. I enjoy seeing the blend of youth and experience that we have. We have Bam who is 25/26, Herro who is 23/24, Jaime who is 22/23, Niko who is 20 and a bunch of picks still in our arsenal. It sucks, but we've had multiple chances in the Butler timeline and couldn't get over the hump. Maybe we're destined to be a team like the early 2000's Kings - what could've been.

If we flame out this season, I expect we'll start the pivot towards Bam's timeline in earnest. That doesn't mean Jimmy is a goner, but I'd say we'll leave it up to Jimmy to some extent. He has 2024/25 guaranteed and then a player option of $52 in 2025/26.

My gut feel is we'll try and align a lot of contracts with Luka's 2026/2027 free agency. Continue to try compete in the interim, but get the feelers out and get Gogi working behind the scenes on him to bring him to SoBe.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
carnageta
Veteran

Post#138 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Wiltside wrote:
carnageta wrote:FWIW, based off of the evidence it's pretty clear that Conin wouldn't even consider us in the trade. I think the FO really tried to get Dame but the Blazers GM turned down a package of Herro, Jovic, Caleb, 2 future 1sts, Robinson, etc.

Hard to argue with a lot of it, Carna.

I do agree that people talking about Dame being washed are exaggerating. The guy can still play at a high level. He might be a traffic cone on defense, but that's no different to a lot of guys - Herro and Rozier included. Offensively he'd easily have been our most dynamic threat since Wade, and a great pairing with Butler and Bam in the postseason.

I can say though that I'm not ultimately that mad it didn't work out. I still enjoy watching the Heat, and feel that we haven't mortgaged the future. I enjoy seeing the blend of youth and experience that we have. We have Bam who is 25/26, Herro who is 23/24, Jaime who is 22/23, Niko who is 20 and a bunch of picks still in our arsenal. It sucks, but we've had multiple chances in the Butler timeline and couldn't get over the hump. Maybe we're destined to be a team like the early 2000's Kings - what could've been.

If we flame out this season, I expect we'll start the pivot towards Bam's timeline in earnest. That doesn't mean Jimmy is a goner, but I'd say we'll leave it up to Jimmy to some extent. He has 2024/25 guaranteed and then a player option of $52 in 2025/26.

My gut feel is we'll try and align a lot of contracts with Luka's 2026/2027 free agency. Continue to try compete in the interim, but get the feelers out and get Gogi working behind the scenes on him to bring him to SoBe.

I have no problem with fans being happy to have kept Herro, JJJ, and Jovic because they like those players and have a soft spot for them. After all, everyone tends to love home grown products a bit more than store bought - myself included. That's all fine and dandy.

It's when fans start spewing the whole narrative about Dame being washed that I do not agree with whatsoever. They try to make that the justification for why they're 'happy' the trade didn't go through. Just a coping mechanism is all that is. A bad one at that.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#139 » by carnageta » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:43 pm

"Washed" Dame has a higher TS% than our all-star center, Bam Adebayo, btw. :lol:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#140 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:21 am

carnageta wrote:"Washed" Dame has a higher TS% than our all-star center, Bam Adebayo, btw. :lol:

Well they hate him too lol
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat