ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,880

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1341 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am

Tyler Herro’s career arch needs to become Reddick and Donte D type of role. I don’t think it can happen here though since the front office and coaching staff views seem cemented. Herro will thrive in his role once he’s out of here. Needs to be traded. Will be a win/win for both sides. Problem is both sides are stubborn.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#1342 » by carnageta » Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:The Heat organization thought Herro could be better than Booker. Herro himself says he is on the same level as Luka and Trae Young. Miss me with that lowering expectations on him bullsh*t. He either needs to produce at that high level or get the f*ck out.

So we're going to sh*t on a guy for believing in himself and perhaps making some outlandish claims 3 years ago when he was a 21 year old kid?

Lmao, ya'll never fail to amuse me.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,324

Post#1343 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 2:29 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Damn it’s 2024 and majority still don’t think LeBron is the GOAT?!?!

The MJ nut hugging is kinda wild tbh. I watched MJ growing up and like the level of talent just between that era and now is wild different. Don't think you can compare accolades really. So I'll let MJ have his but LeBron career is way more impressive.

I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol
#FreeBam
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#1344 » by Hoops3355 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:
The MJ nut hugging is kinda wild tbh. I watched MJ growing up and like the level of talent just between that era and now is wild different. Don't think you can compare accolades really. So I'll let MJ have his but LeBron career is way more impressive.

Jordan did way more in way less time. This is like saying Frank Gore’s career is more impressive than Barry Sanders.

Sure if you wanna compare two things that aren't alike for the sake of your argument. You're comparing top RB of all time with someone whose not. If you're going to make the comp at least use the right players not some home cooking University of Miami pick. LT vs Barry maybe? I don't watch the NFL too lowbrow for me. :D
Miami / Chicago / London
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1345 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 2:30 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Tyler Herro’s career arch needs to become Reddick and Donte D type of role. I don’t think it can happen here though since the front office and coaching staff views seem cemented. Herro will thrive in his role once he’s out of here. Needs to be traded. Will be a win/win for both sides. Problem is both sides are stubborn.

It’s just as much on Herro as it is anyone else, let’s not give him a pass for thinking he’s a Luka level player as he’s said.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1346 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 2:34 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:The Heat organization thought Herro could be better than Booker. Herro himself says he is on the same level as Luka and Trae Young. Miss me with that lowering expectations on him bullsh*t. He either needs to produce at that high level or get the f*ck out.

He just needs to get TF out at this point, with $90M allocated to Jimmy/Bam we simply need Tyler’s money going to a true running mate to those 2 guys. Herro isn’t it, has never been it. Doesn’t play defense and is a “good”
Offensive player. Better without him every time he goes down.
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#1347 » by carnageta » Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

He just needs to get TF out at this point, with $90M allocated to Jimmy/Bam we simply need Tyler’s money going to a true running mate to those 2 guys. Herro isn’t it, has never been it. Doesn’t play defense and is a “good”

My guy, you're not going to find a 'true' running mate for what Herro is being paid. He got paid 27m this season.

Sure, there are anomalies, but they are extremely rare and hard to fine (i.e. Brunson).
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,043

Post#1348 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

Jordan did way more in way less time. This is like saying Frank Gore’s career is more impressive than Barry Sanders.

Sure if you wanna compare two things that aren't alike for the sake of your argument. You're comparing top RB of all time with someone whose not.

And why is Barry often regarded as the best RB of all time lol

On 2nd thought nvm, we’re veering away from Heat stuff so dont even worry about it.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1349 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 3:05 pm

carnageta wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

My guy, you're not going to find a 'true' running mate for what Herro is being paid. He got paid 27m this season.

Sure, there are anomalies, but they are extremely rare and hard to fine (i.e. Brunson).

Right it’s likely going to take Herros 29 plus Terrys 25 or Duncan’s 19. Or in the case of a Mitchell or Ingram, Herro 1 of the young guys, and 1-2 of the vets which is completely fine with me.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1350 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter

“5 is untouchable” -Ethan
#FreeBam
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,385

Post#1351 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Damn it’s 2024 and majority still don’t think LeBron is the GOAT?!?!

I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol

Lebron is on roids

and just because he's playing at 40 doesn't make his peak greater than MJ's

like what.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,385

Post#1352 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 10, 2024 3:36 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:

"MJ nut hugging"

bruh.

and nevermind the fact the NBA weakened the game to allow for more scoring and highlight plays for wing players.

If MJ played in todays weak ass league, he'd average 50. He averaged 37 ppg in 88 during a time when there was no flagrant fouls and bigs were literally camping in the paint waiting for you to drive to the basket. Go watch MJ tapes, he had to develop a killer pull up jumper because he would get past his defender and be met with bigs, and so MJ would pull up and take the midrange J for 2.

imagine MJ in todays league, with the paint completely open due to 3 point spacing and the defensive 3 second rule in 2001. he would get past his man and drive defenses crazy with help defense and still dunk on everyone.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#1353 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 pm

carnageta wrote:

So we're going to sh*t on a guy for believing in himself and perhaps making some outlandish claims 3 years ago when he was a 21 year old kid?

Lmao, ya'll never fail to amuse me.

I'm going to sh*t on him because he's overpaid trash who hurts the team.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#1354 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 pm

2011 is why LeBron is not and will never be GOAT. MJ never **** his pants like that in a Finals. Do you guys not remember that he literally could not post up JJ Barea who is normal person size?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1355 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

Lebron is on roids

and just because he's playing at 40 doesn't make his peak greater than MJ's

like what.

If LeBron was on roids he would’ve been outed by now, the league is far more talented now than it was then. Yall talk like Jordan won every year he was in the league, his team was stacked relative to the league to the point they made the ECF when he retired the 1st time I believe.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1356 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 4:02 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:2011 is why LeBron is not and will never be GOAT. MJ never **** his pants like that in a Finals. Do you guys not remember that he literally could not post up JJ Barea who is normal person size?

MJ **** his pants several times
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1357 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:

"MJ nut hugging"

bruh.

and nevermind the fact the NBA weakened the game to allow for more scoring and highlight plays for wing players.

If MJ played in todays weak ass league, he'd average 50. He averaged 37 ppg in 88 during a time when there was no flagrant fouls and bigs were literally camping in the paint waiting for you to drive to the basket. Go watch MJ tapes, he had to develop a killer pull up jumper because he would get past his defender and be met with bigs, and so MJ would pull up and take the midrange J for 2.

imagine MJ in todays league, with the paint completely open due to 3 point spacing and the defensive 3 second rule in 2001. he would get past his man and drive defenses crazy with help defense and still dunk on everyone.

Imagine LeBron in 1988 playing against all those little ass dudes with his skillset lmao.
#FreeBam
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,043

Post#1358 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:15 pm

lebron against little dudes with his skillset

Wade is a better man than most. Cost him a chip, a finals MVP, and made him 'hand the keys over' on his own franchise.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#1359 » by HeatFan_NC » Fri May 10, 2024 4:21 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Tyler Herro’s career arch needs to become Reddick and Donte D type of role. I don’t think it can happen here though since the front office and coaching staff views seem cemented. Herro will thrive in his role once he’s out of here. Needs to be traded. Will be a win/win for both sides. Problem is both sides are stubborn.

It’s just as much on Herro as it is anyone else, let’s not give him a pass for thinking he’s a Luka level player as he’s said.

Herro is a good, streaky shooter and can light it up when he's on fire. However, he hasn't shown us much else in other areas of the game in the 5 years he's been in the league. If he was a star player, he should be a better rebounder, facilitator, and defender by now.

Outside of his shooting, JJJ is a more complete, well-rounded player than Herro is right now.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#1360 » by HeatFan_NC » Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:2011 is why LeBron is not and will never be GOAT. MJ never **** his pants like that in a Finals. Do you guys not remember that he literally could not post up JJ Barea who is normal person size?

Barea is a normal person's size? I thought he was about 5'8"

Either way, I get your point. Lebron allowed Jason Terry to shut him down on defense and JT is only about 6'2" max.

Return to Miami Heat