ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1461 » by HeatFan_NC » Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am

Trae Young CAN'T play defense. He won't work in our system. I'd take Ingram over Trae.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,002

Post#1462 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

HeatFan_NC wrote:Trae Young CAN'T play defense. He won't work in our system. I'd take Ingram over Trae.

Ice Trae and Sleepy B arent fixing our issues.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 596

Post#1463 » by Lennyzinho » Tue May 14, 2024 2:32 am

DayofMourning wrote:
HeatFan_NC wrote:Trae Young CAN'T play defense. He won't work in our system. I'd take Ingram over Trae.

Ice Trae and Sleepy B arent fixing our issues.

I agree. But at least Ingram would give us a different look and more height / length with overall better size. Give this build one more run before you decide if you ship off Jimmy or not. Ingram is also an expiring so if it sucks...
Ingram cap space created. Jimmy trade asset. Duncan and rozier on expiring deals. Can get awfully aggressive with cap space, picks, plenty of young players and expiring dudes to create a new 5-8 year build with Bam as the glue guy.

It's not what I want. I want Donovan. But I'll take Ingram over herro and running this same team back.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,523

Post#1464 » by Beenie » Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 am

Trey can help improve Mia’s pathetic fast break execution, can run pick n roll with Bam and can get him more easy buckets at the rim in general, is capable of exploiting favorable switches in isolation, and would add much needed handling which is currently a sore spot on the team.

Sure, he’s horrendous on D, but Mia is accustomed to having to weather the storms of their poor guard defenders.

All of that being said, I think landing Trey is a pipe dream and if we’re gonna seriously entertain pipe dreams, there are better ones to indulge in.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,750

Post#1465 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue May 14, 2024 11:39 am

I just hate Trey's game, and also don't believe we'll win big in the playoffs with that ball dominant style.

He's not the guy to sell the farm for
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 440

Post#1466 » by NightWatch » Tue May 14, 2024 12:23 pm

43,000,000 annual contract for trae young? That's a lot! That's too close Jimmy Butler's annaul salary. 45,000,000. I really need to take a closer looks at Trae Young's game why he is being paid that much because Ja Morant made a huge different to Memphis Grizzles yet he's being pay a slightly less despite his checkered past.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,356

Post#1467 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 pm

Yea screw Trae, occupy that salary by bringing Lowry back and Duncan from the 2023 regular season, this is HEAT CULTURE over here you don’t need talent when you have HEART!!!! Best conditioned, hardest working, mentally toughest, most battle tested team in the league!!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1468 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 14, 2024 12:34 pm

They’re calling for Rudy Gobert to be benched like Josh Giddey was last night, if there’s 1 argument I win year after year it’s who the true DPOY is.
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,962

Post#1469 » by marson » Tue May 14, 2024 12:36 pm

If we could trade Herro for Trae, I would say make the deal and run with it. Draft Edey, put Bam back at the 4, and you'll have two bigs who can catch lobs. Surround Trae with defensive players, and we'll be in great shape.

Edey
Bam
Jaquez
Butler
Trae
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,413

Post#1470 » by Wiltside » Tue May 14, 2024 1:14 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I just hate Trey's game, and also don't believe we'll win big in the playoffs with that ball dominant style.

He's not the guy to sell the farm for

He would have to change his style here. The man can score, but yeah, not sure he’s the move given deficiencies on the defensive end.

Plus I can’t look at that hairy lollipop head for 82 games plus playoffs. If he came on board, I’d want Riley and Spo pinning him down and shaving his head before setting foot in the AAA.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,523

Post#1471 » by Beenie » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm

https://youtu.be/AaHKW_pmDKs?si=NPI2Pkl1a2P-3lrK

Ethan prefers Trey over Ingram

However doesn’t think getting Trey is realistic

Mentioned hearing San Antonio having interest in Trey
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,924

Post#1472 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:35 pm

Beenie wrote:https://youtu.be/AaHKW_pmDKs?si=NPI2Pkl1a2P-3lrK

I would agree with Ethan, I'd love Trey if it were plausible. Teams like Spurs, Hou', Det have more assets... If a star doesn't press their way here, it's likely not happening.

I think if we get upgrades then we'll be looking at players that are under value around the league, like Randle, Lavine, Ingram, etc.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,217

Post#1473 » by greg4012 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Beenie wrote:https://youtu.be/AaHKW_pmDKs?si=NPI2Pkl1a2P-3lrK

I would agree with Ethan, I'd love Trey if it were plausible. Teams like Spurs, Hou', Det have more assets... If a star doesn't press their way here, it's likely not happening.

I think if we get upgrades then we'll be looking at players that are under value around the league, like Randle, Lavine, Ingram, etc.

Trae is under contract through 2027. We've seen how that goes, especially with young guys--going to the highest bidder with minimal control from player.

Donovan Mitchell and Ingram are the 2 positioned to have some influence. Ingram is the distressed asset with his recent injured play and dealing with a bad fit in NO forcing them to prioritize Zion.

Mitchell is option 1A. If that's not possible, I'm game for the Ingram pursuit if we can keep both the young guys.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#1474 » by Hoops3355 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm

marson wrote:If we could trade Herro for Trae, I would say make the deal and run with it. Draft Edey, put Bam back at the 4, and you'll have two bigs who can catch lobs. Surround Trae with defensive players, and we'll be in great shape.

Edey
Bam
Jaquez
Butler
Trae

I honestly don't understand why people think Edey is gonna make it in the NBA. Like how many dudes his size with his speed exist right now. 1-2 maybe? That's not suddenly going to change.
Miami / Chicago / London
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1475 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 14, 2024 2:55 pm

Trae is likely going to SA, this has been a thing for months now but turning down a top 10 offensive player in the league because of defense when we’ve had Herro and washed lowry manning the guard position for years now while not being near the offensive player Trae is combined is pretty laughable. Bam is going to single handedly have you near the top of the league defensively anyways
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1476 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 14, 2024 2:55 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:
marson wrote:If we could trade Herro for Trae, I would say make the deal and run with it. Draft Edey, put Bam back at the 4, and you'll have two bigs who can catch lobs. Surround Trae with defensive players, and we'll be in great shape.

Edey
Bam
Jaquez
Butler
Trae

I honestly don't understand why people think Edey is gonna make it in the NBA. Like how many dudes his size with his speed exist right now. 1-2 maybe? That's not suddenly going to change.

He’s not going to last
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,924

Post#1477 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:33 pm

Still like Colin Sexton as an undervalued young player that would fit in the Culture (And Herro in Utah)
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,522

Post#1478 » by batterybro42 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:49 pm

NightWatch wrote:Do you want Trae young?

I would send Herro and Rozier to Atlanta so fast for Trae Young

Young
Butler
Jamie
Jovic
Bam

What a lineup

You could get away with some pedestrian defense at the guard spot with 4 other guys who can switch everything. I think Miami has really lacked the volume tier shooting somebody like Trae can provide, and I think you need a viable shooting threat from range who can carve out driving lanes and lob opportunities for others. To me floor spacing has be one of our biggest issues, and its not that we lack shooters, its that we lack somebody who can realistically create their own offense from the 3rd level. Once upon of time Dragic did that for us and the entire team flowed so much better on offense.

This dude is 25 years old and just averaged 26 and 11 assists last year. I have always been a fan of his, he seems to relish the moment and the nemesis type role. I think he would be the type of guy who's game would elevate in the spotlight rather than diminish. Herro, Rozier I think can get it done.
NightWatch
Junior

Post#1479 » by NightWatch » Tue May 14, 2024 6:24 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Trae is likely going to SA, this has been a thing for months now but turning down a top 10 offensive player in the league because of defense when we’ve had Herro and washed lowry manning the guard position for years now while not being near the offensive player Trae is combined is pretty laughable. Bam is going to single handedly have you near the top of the league defensively anyways

Trae is not Pop type of player. not sure why Spurs is being mentioned.
NightWatch
Junior

Post#1480 » by NightWatch » Tue May 14, 2024 6:26 pm

batterybro42 wrote:
NightWatch wrote:Do you want Trae young?

I would send Herro and Rozier to Atlanta so fast for Trae Young

Young
Butler
Jamie
Jovic
Bam

What a lineup

You could get away with some pedestrian defense at the guard spot with 4 other guys who can switch everything. I think Miami has really lacked the volume tier shooting somebody like Trae can provide, and I think you need a viable shooting threat from range who can carve out driving lanes and lob opportunities for others. To me floor spacing has be one of our biggest issues, and its not that we lack shooters, its that we lack somebody who can realistically create their own offense from the 3rd level. Once upon of time Dragic did that for us and the entire team flowed so much better on offense.

This dude is 25 years old and just averaged 26 and 11 assists last year. I have always been a fan of his, he seems to relish the moment and the nemesis type role. I think he would be the type of guy whose game would elevate in the spotlight rather than diminish. Herro, Rozier I think can get it done.

problem is, I think Hawks will be asking for JJJ.

Return to Miami Heat