ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,419

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#1681 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 20, 2024 3:09 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Weren’t the Wolves begging to send us Naz for Strus last year at the deadline? :cry:

link?

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/4174119/2023/02/10/timberwolves-nba-trade-deadline/

At quick glance found this, I’ll try to find Naz specifically tomorrow. Could’ve been Twitter but they weren’t fully on board with extending him and were open to moving him
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,190

Post#1682 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2024 3:10 am

Considering Bam’s limitations as a true stretch player i still believe the front court partner we place with him has to be able to shoot. Love the Isaiah Stewart pairing or possibly it’s going to have to be Filipowski, Ware, or da Silva in the draft. I like Jovic but he plays more like a 3/4 than a 4/5 and what we need with Bam right now is a 5 who can rebound, block shots, shoot, and plays above the rim. Jovic wants to go up soft and lay everything up.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1683 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am

Read on Twitter

Glad this clown lost.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1684 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 20, 2024 3:13 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Considering Bam’s limitations as a true stretch player i still believe the front court partner we place with him has to be able to shoot. Love the Isaiah Stewart pairing or possibly it’s going to have to be Filipowski, Ware, or da Silva in the draft.

Longest offseason for development in a while plus team USA stay tuned.

No rookies, in that case just use Jovic. Like Ware though
#FreeBam
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,986

Post#1685 » by powerball1373 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:14 am

spectrec130 wrote:Gratz to Minny! Will be rooting for DAL but I'm all for any WCF..... Now if NYK or Indy can make a series on BOS!

What you mean NYK or Indi lol? You record the game and saving it for later or something?
Spoiler:
it's not NYK
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,088

Post#1686 » by contract » Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
I think the age old formula always wins if done right. This small ball **** is a joke. A joke.

The Heat beat plenty of bigger teams in just the past few years. League always going to be about talent and match-ups.

‘The League is changing…’ is a red herring for the fact that all teams are going to work to match-up with the current champs. We need to get our talent up and folks need to contend someday with the fact that Bam being small is part of what has made us successful in certain matchups, not all on Spo

Bam has been excellent for us. Imagine him with legit bigs to play next to. Might work eh? Guess we could still max out with Bam playing with 6'5" post players and talk about how far we reached.

If we move Bam to the 4 spot to add size in the front court we will kill our spacing and our offense will suck worse because Jimmy won't be able to get near the paint. We'd be taking our best offensive player out of his best spot.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1687 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2024 3:19 am

contract wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
The Heat beat plenty of bigger teams in just the past few years. League always going to be about talent and match-ups.

‘The League is changing…’ is a red herring for the fact that all teams are going to work to match-up with the current champs. We need to get our talent up and folks need to contend someday with the fact that Bam being small is part of what has made us successful in certain matchups, not all on Spo

Bam has been excellent for us. Imagine him with legit bigs to play next to. Might work eh? Guess we could still max out with Bam playing with 6'5" post players and talk about how far we reached.

If we move Bam to the 4 spot to add size in the front court we will kill our spacing and our offense will suck worse because Jimmy won't be able to get near the paint. We'd be taking our best offensive player out of his best spot.

Yup. We are at the mercy of needing a stretch 5. Not just some statue who parks themselves in the paint.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,489

Post#1688 » by TroubleS0me » Mon May 20, 2024 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,130

Post#1689 » by Kobewade11 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:23 am

Fwiw the timberwolves start a 28.6% and 0% shooter from 3 (playoffs).
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,933

Post#1690 » by Bishop45 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
I think the age old formula always wins if done right. This small ball **** is a joke. A joke.

I don’t think Bam is ready to be a four, which puts us in the hard position of finding a rare four that plays like a five. AD/Kristaps/Wemby, maybe someone like Horford. But those mixes don’t always work (ala Embiid/Horford, and every five that has been attempted to be paired with AD/Wemby)

I like Randle this off-season, not huge, but talented with some size on the boards
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#1691 » by Flash4thewin » Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 am

contract wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Depends on who is the 5. A center like Turner would be ideal. We don’t lose spacing etc.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,002

Post#1692 » by marson » Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 am

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

I don’t think Bam is ready to be a four, which puts us in the hard position of finding a rare four that plays like a five. AD/Kristaps/Wemby, maybe someone like Horford. But those mixes don’t always work (ala Embiid/Horford, and every five that has been attempted to be paired with AD/Wemby)

I like Randle this off-season, not huge, but talented with some size on the boards

If Riles and Cronin somehow still have a civil relationship, then I would take Jeremi Grant over Randle.

I just can't trust Randle shot selection sometimes.
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#1693 » by Flash4thewin » Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:So it’s likely KAT/Gobert get a championship or the Celtics get one, IM FUXKED

Also have a shot it could be Doncic and Irving.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,130

Post#1694 » by Kobewade11 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:34 am

After getting the Nuggets general manager job, Booth had his staff study all the teams that made the Finals since 2008 to find out their average wingspan and weight. They took the top eight rotations, exempting the smallest player in the group since it'd skew the averages, and found that the average player had a wingspan of 6-foot-11 with a weight of 228 pounds.

If a team's rotation didn't hit one of those two thresholds, they weren't in the Finals-except for the 2013 Heat. "One of the most athletic teams of all time. LeBron. D-Wade. Shane Battier. Chris Bosh," Booth said.

"And so, seeing that, I don't like trying to be the exception to the rule."

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,933

Post#1695 » by Bishop45 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:38 am

Kobewade11 wrote:Fwiw the timberwolves start a 28.6% and 0% shooter from 3 (playoffs).

Unthinkable a few years ago
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1696 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2024 3:41 am

marson wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

If Riles and Cronin somehow still have a civil relationship, then I would take Jeremi Grant over Randle.

They don’t and to top it off Grant is a Klutch guy. I also don’t see a trade match for Randle either. Our big man might have to come in the draft and start out as an initial rotation big with Bam and Jovic. Beef Stew is a very intriguing big but not sure if the Pistons are going to be excited attaching Ivey who was recently drafted as the 5th pick for Herro. Then for them they might ask for Jovic and at that point we might as well use the 15th pick on a big.
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#1697 » by Flash4thewin » Mon May 20, 2024 3:43 am

marson wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Ignoring Cronin wanting to piss on Pat face, what’s our offer to get Grant? Herro again, or Terry? You kinda see where thing is going and how a trade is not likely.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1698 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 am

Mo Bamba is our savior!!!
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,198

Post#1699 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:56 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glad this clown lost.
they lost and while they were winning by 20? :lol:

wow at minny, i'm gonna watch the youtube reel to what the hell happened there

edit: unreal they really came back from 20 and won the game seems like murray was a non-factor tonight.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,002

Post#1700 » by marson » Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glad this clown lost.
they lost and while they were winning by 20? :lol:

wow at minny, i'm gonna watch the youtube reel to what the hell happened there

edit: unreal they really came back from 20 and won the game seems like murray was a non-factor tonight.

Just a sore loser. Night and day when compared to Spo in a losing interview.

Return to Miami Heat