ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 2 - Heat vs Spurs - 13th October @ 7:30pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Re: Preseason Game 2 - Heat vs Spurs - 13th October @ 7:30pm 

Post#21 » by SerialChiller » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:52 am

Well at least Cain was able
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#22 » by gom » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:54 am

Until we brought in the back of the lineup to play the 4Q, we were in the game. I saw good performances from Orlando Robinson and Thomas Bryant. Jamal Cain and Highsmith looked good enough to come off the bench. Duncan Robinson played a good third quarter.

This lineup of Diallo (really bad), Swider (mediocre), Peterson (so many mental errors), Champagnie (best of the worst), and Alondes Williams (who suffered with the team's poor skill set) is dreadful.

G: Dru Smith (**), Alondes Williams (*), RJ Hampton (dnp)
F: Duncan Robinson (**), Haywood Highsmith (**), Cheick Diallo (0), Justin Champagnie (*), Jamal Cain (***), Drew Peterson (0), Cole Swider (*)
C: Orlando Robinson (***), Thomas Bryant (***)

---
Heat have Orlando Robinson, Duncan Robinson, Bryant, and Highsmith signed. Jamal Cain should get that last contract. 2-ways: Dru Smith, Hampton, and Swider have the inside track. I don't see much there honestly. We should watch the G-League and be opportunistic.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,888

Post#23 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 am

Sucks Hampton pulled up lame with the hammy. That kid is going to break out here health permitting.
gom

Post#24 » by gom » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:19 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Sucks Hampton pulled up lame with the hammy. That kid is going to break out here health permitting.

He doesn't have a great shot, plays poor defense, shoots 68% from the free throw line, and isn't a good playmaker. He is athletic, which stands out on our team, but he really needs to play a lot and work hard. 2-way contract and Sioux Falls is the right move.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#25 » by Bourne85 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:21 am

Very meh game all around. Wemby looks like he’s going to be great. With him the only concern I have is his health. He’s very skinny/weak, especially his legs. But you can see his game is there. Spurs did it right, tanked a few seasons, nabbed a number 1 pick. That’s how it’s done.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#26 » by dolphinatik » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:23 am

Dru Smith has been terrible for some time. I'm Missing me some Bouyea already. Cole Swider can keep shooting, needs to find his shot. Orlando Robinson and Brant played well. Cain to me just does not stand out. I want a player that get get anything he want and Cain isnt it so far. Who else can we bring to camp?
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,848

Post#27 » by Rapaz » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:28 am

Cole Swindler
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,054

Post#28 » by contract » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:30 am

SerialChiller wrote:Well at least Cain was able

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#29 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:39 am

Rapaz wrote:Cole Swindler

Theres a reason he was cut from lakers.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,253

Post#30 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:00 am

Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Post#31 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 am

Scheduled L. Onto the next one.

Looks like Cain balled out. Not sure there’s much else to take from this one.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
gom

Post#32 » by gom » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:48 am

dolphinatik wrote:Dru Smith has been terrible for some time. I'm Missing me some Bouyea already. Cole Swider can keep shooting, needs to find his shot. Orlando Robinson and Brant played well. Cain to me just does not stand out. I want a player that get get anything he want and Cain isnt it so far. Who else can we bring to camp?

Camp is basically over. These are the guys we have for now. Did you watch the game? Cain was excellent, imho. Red hot and good on defense too. I'm bummed about losing Bouyeah too. Hopefully he signs with SXF.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,478

Post#33 » by insfo » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:56 am

gom wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:Dru Smith has been terrible for some time. I'm Missing me some Bouyea already. Cole Swider can keep shooting, needs to find his shot. Orlando Robinson and Brant played well. Cain to me just does not stand out. I want a player that get get anything he want and Cain isnt it so far. Who else can we bring to camp?

Camp is basically over. These are the guys we have for now. Did you watch the game? Cain was excellent, imho. Red hot and good on defense too. I'm bummed about losing Bouyeah too. Hopefully he signs with SXF.

Yeah, Cain was who basically kept us in the game until the 4th.

I don't remember when exactly this was, but sometime in the first half I think .. but seeing Robinson turn down a 3 to drive the ball into Wemby and not know what to do after was quite hilarious :lol:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#34 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:15 am

Ok... Swider couldda did a lil' better
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#35 » by dolphinatik » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:27 am

gom wrote:

Sure Cain hit some corner threes. I just didnt like that he didnt really step into them and raise up, it wasnt really an attack more than a bailout shot. When Cain first got here we heard about him and Jimmy going 1 on 1. I expected him to push the issue dominating 1 on 1 matchups. He also seems to just float on D and off the ball on offense. He seems wound up and not playing lose at all. As much as he has been in development he should be taking over when starters are not in the game. He is just way too passive on both ends and I understand he wants to fit in and not make mistakes but that is not going to help him turn the corner as a player. He stands around watching too much. He needs to be way more assertive on both ends. He has a chance but he just doesnt have that dog in him right now. Its a fine line but he needs to grow a pair and push the envelope. As atheltic as he is he should be drawing a ton of fouls. Hope that explains my disappointment so far. I feel like I should be jumping out of my seat a few times when he is in but it doesnt happen.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#36 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:00 pm

dolphinatik wrote:
gom wrote:

Sure Cain hit some corner threes. I just didnt like that he didnt really step into them and raise up, it wasnt really an attack more than a bailout shot. When Cain first got here we heard about him and Jimmy going 1 on 1. I expected him to push the issue dominating 1 on 1 matchups. He also seems to just float on D and off the ball on offense. He seems wound up and not playing lose at all. As much as he has been in development he should be taking over when starters are not in the game. He is just way too passive on both ends and I understand he wants to fit in and not make mistakes but that is not going to help him turn the corner as a player. He stands around watching too much. He needs to be way more assertive on both ends. He has a chance but he just doesnt have that dog in him right now. Its a fine line but he needs to grow a pair and push the envelope. As atheltic as he is he should be drawing a ton of fouls. Hope that explains my disappointment so far. I feel like I should be jumping out of my seat a few times when he is in but it doesnt happen.

From everything weve heard on the people who were watching camp, he had a bad camp, and underperformed on all the things he was supposed to improve.
gom

Post#37 » by gom » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:45 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:
gom wrote:

From everything weve heard on the people who were watching camp, he had a bad camp, and underperformed on all the things he was supposed to improve.

Who are "the people who were watching camp"? About the only voice I trust at this point is Brady Hawk. Anyway, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Cain is only going to be a bench player and that's fine. Last night he got the job though.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,478

Post#38 » by insfo » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:47 am

gom wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:

Who are "the people who were watching camp"? About the only voice I trust at this point is Brady Hawk. Anyway, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Cain is only going to be a bench player and that's fine. Last night he got the job though.

I know!! It's like we have some unreasonable target where it looks like Jimmy's expectations and not Cain .. and then we are complaining he's been disappointing??

ICC, would like to read these underperformance reports, so can you please link them? I'm not saying he's great, but he's just a role player whose job is to stay in front of his man when on defense and hit the corner 3 on offense. Seems to me like he's doing just that and at a good clip too!
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#39 » by Trapstar3 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:17 am

Don't get hyped on players scoring a lot of points on 3's during preseason, I've seen that with Okpala, wanna know how it turned out?
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#40 » by Bourne85 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:14 am

Trapstar3 wrote:Don't get hyped on players scoring a lot of points on 3's during preseason, I've seen that with Okpala, wanna know how it turned out?

Yup, can’t get too high or too low on these preseason games. A guy like Swider can look like Reggie Miller one day and the next go 1-13. Everyone is just pissed we struck out on Dame and is just looking for something to hang their cap on imo.

I haven’t seen anything that would tell me we can hang with the top teams. So I’ll just sit back and watch how this season starts off. 20-25 games in we will know where we stand

Return to Miami Heat