ImageImageImage

Would you like Pat Riley to retire?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Would you like Pat Riley to retire?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:25 am

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 32

salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#21 » by salqaddoumi » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:39 pm

Ok, I don't see why people are pretending like anything Riley did in the past matters. I love the man and he's done SO much for this franchise and I think he's a genius. That's besides the point though, people are writing up paragraphs about what he's done in the past as if it matters right now. My whole point, along with some other Heat fans i've talked to (and apparently ESPN since they have an article on the front page about this today), is that it's simply time for a change. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach, but just that the team needs to head in a new direction. It's similar to the Skiles situation, he wasn't able to get much out of his players anymore and they didn't fire him because he was a bad coach but because they wanted a change.

I'd love to get a coach who doesn't have such messed up inconsistent rotations and one who doesn't have young players on such a short leash too. I feel bad for Cook and have no clue how he's always able to produce with these inconsistent sporadic minutes. I mean before one game, Riley said Cook was going to get much more minutes because he had earned them and then he hardly played.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#22 » by dflash3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:44 pm

^I believe the past is important, because it lets people know that while the Heat are having a horrible season under Riley its not how events usually unfold for him. He has a proven track record and shown the ability to coach different styles while assembling good teams. If this was an unknown coach leading the Heat than he would have been fired, but knowing Riley he will eventually fix things when the opportunity comes down the line.
MiamiHustlin
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#23 » by MiamiHustlin » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:04 am

i think im starting to see a scott skiles effect. i dont think the players on this team appreciate his coaching and wisdom. they dont like to deal with his attitude and his rigorous demands.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#24 » by G.cracker » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:39 am

MiamiHustlin wrote:i think im starting to see a scott skiles effect. i dont think the players on this team appreciate his coaching and wisdom. they dont like to deal with his attitude and his rigorous demands.

True, but on this team, I'd get rid of the players first. Except Wade, Haslem & Cook.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by salqaddoumi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:51 am

This is the type of game i'm talking about guys. Riles is making some very uncharacteristic bad decisions. Sitting Mark Blount for the last 9 minutes of a game he was playing very well in? Putting LUKE BRICKSON in the game for the last possession when he had played beyond horrible?
I'm not going to bump this after every game or anything but I just wanted to emphasize the kind of bad decisions he's been making this season.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,276

Post#26 » by Hoops23 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:08 am

Bad decision!? Are you serious?

Down with only 9 players and the game was close, and Miami almost won. Considered that a bad decision??

Take it to consider Heat has a play run for Ricky Davis and if not only for the missed layup the Heat could have won. You think if Blount was in the game, the outcome could be different?

There maybe mistakes but he is only human but nothing major. Overall, Riley
Miami's Finest
Starter
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Miami's Finest » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:48 am

It was a horrible decision. We were struggling to score and Riley never returned to Blount who was playing really well it's like he just forgot and instead kept going to Johnson and Barron. Then to go with Luke who has zero skills for the inbounds????? And there's been many times this season where it's close until the other team goes to a new lineup or some new scheme like a zone and we never react. But i'm all for the draft pick so Riley can keep on with it.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by salqaddoumi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:38 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Bad decision!? Are you serious?

Down with only 9 players and the game was close, and Miami almost won. Considered that a bad decision??

What are you saying? I'm talking about ONLY his late game decisions, not what he did throughout the game. That part of your post really didn't make sense.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#29 » by Vertical Limit » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:05 pm

Heat3 wrote:Yeah, lets throw Riley out and turn the Heat into the mess the Miami Dolphins are.

Cameron supporter?
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#30 » by Heat3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:34 am

Vertical Limit wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Cameron supporter?

Let me guess, you are one of the ones that called for Shula's head. Then called for Jimmy's head. Then called for Wanny's head. Saban left so he robbed you of the opportunity but I bet you supported him when he was here. Then supported Cam cause he was not the scumbag Saban is. Prediction....Dolphins don't go 19-0 every year from here on out, you will be calling for Parcells head.

Me, I prefer a stable organization.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#31 » by HIF » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:52 am

me too
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to Miami Heat