ImageImageImage

Heat vs Wemby’s - 12th November at 7pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Re: Heat vs Wemby’s - 12th November at 7pm 

Post#201 » by Wiltside » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:23 am

insfo wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:We started our winning streak when the BBWs came back. Just saying.

This should be your moment of glory, your banner .. and a mod actually cheated you out of it :nonono:

Ay man Vols got caught slippin. Somebody needed to create the thread!

Not my fault London Andrews got previous OP.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#202 » by NightWatch » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 am

I like this ball movements so much better instead of Tyler Herro jacking all of the shots on almost every offense possession. Now Heat has started winning. Bam has improved a lot this year. He can now finally shoot. Now he’s going to penalizing any centers for leaving any slightest space like Jokic did last year daring Bam to shoot.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#203 » by NightWatch » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:35 am

NightWatch wrote:I like this ball movements so much better instead of Tyler Herro jacking all of the shots on almost every offense possession. Bam has improved a lot this year. He can now finally shoot. Now he’s going to penalizing any centers for leaving any slightest space like Jokic did last year daring Bam to shoot.
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,449

Post#204 » by iamoti » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:33 am

Lets not blame it on Tyler. He had a very good start to the season. This winning streak is all about Haywood coming back, JJJ getting more minutes and contributing more, Duncan playing probably at his best and last but not least Bam who is a monster.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#205 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:53 pm

iamoti wrote:Lets not blame it on Tyler. He had a very good start to the season. This winning streak is all about Haywood coming back, JJJ getting more minutes and contributing more, Duncan playing probably at his best and last but not least Bam who is a monster.

We have a good group of guys that all have their nitch, however I don't think people are blaming Herro, it does look better when he isn't on the court. Its because we play different game. This doesn't mean we don't win games when he is playing, because weve had some good wins this year unlike previous years that were due to Herro's hot shooting and playmaking. When all three are taking shots, that is Herro, Bam, Jimmy it relegates everyone else on the team to watch, and pass and just become and outlet shooter from a play initiated by one of the three. Getting everyone in a groove is never a bad thing, however it would come at the expense of one of the big three loosing touches. What we call agree is that out of all three, Bam, Jimmy, & Herro the most inefficient of the three Herro (when Jimmy actually cares and shows up) would be the guy who should have a reduced shot count. However that goes against what he is as a player, even yesterday you could see that the Jimmy Isolation was our worst offense, relegating what works to having players just standing around clearing space for Jimmy and waiting for the outlet passes. When it was Bam on the ball it flows differently, everyone gets to touch the Ball, Josh, JJJ, Duncan, Dru, Highsmith, Love all were touching the ball once or twice in every halfcourt set looking for the absolute best opening. The movement creates mismatches and Bam has know become hyper aggressive when he spots a mismatch on him. Jimmy on the other hand just goes hard at whomever is in front of him, and if the initial attack doesn't work he will pass out for shot.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#206 » by carnageta » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:00 pm

Only 'unacceptable' loss so far has been the Brooklyn loss at home. Our other 3 losses were on the road against Boston, Minnesota, and Milwaukee. The Celtics always beat us in October / November before getting dusted when it matters most - this has been the trend for years; we haven't won a game in Minnesota in idk how many years (not to mention it was on the second night of a back-to-back without Jimmy Butler; and we didn't have Bam for the Bucks game.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#207 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:13 pm

carnageta wrote:Only 'unacceptable' loss so far has been the Brooklyn loss at home. Our other 3 losses were on the road against Boston, Minnesota, and Milwaukee. The Celtics always beat us in October / November before getting dusted when it matters most - this has been the trend for years; we haven't won a game in Minnesota in idk how many years (not to mention it was on the second night of a back-to-back without Jimmy Butler; and we didn't have Bam for the Bucks game.

Yeah the Brooklyn Loss for sure was a miss but those should happen early in the season, even against bad teams. I dislike when we have these really bad losses to crap teams after Christmas as were starting to ramp up in the season, and we should have cleaned up our play by then.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,052

Post#208 » by DBurks2818 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:17 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
iamoti wrote:Lets not blame it on Tyler. He had a very good start to the season. This winning streak is all about Haywood coming back, JJJ getting more minutes and contributing more, Duncan playing probably at his best and last but not least Bam who is a monster.

We have a good group of guys that all have their nitch, however I don't think people are blaming Herro, it does look better when he isn't on the court. Its because we play different game. This doesn't mean we don't win games when he is playing, because weve had some good wins this year unlike previous years that were due to Herro's hot shooting and playmaking. When all three are taking shots, that is Herro, Bam, Jimmy it relegates everyone else on the team to watch, and pass and just become and outlet shooter from a play initiated by one of the three. Getting everyone in a groove is never a bad thing, however it would come at the expense of one of the big three loosing touches. What we call agree is that out of all three, Bam, Jimmy, & Herro the most inefficient of the three Herro (when Jimmy actually cares and shows up) would be the guy who should have a reduced shot count. However that goes against what he is as a player, even yesterday you could see that the Jimmy Isolation was our worst offense, relegating what works to having players just standing around clearing space for Jimmy and waiting for the outlet passes. When it was Bam on the ball it flows differently, everyone gets to touch the Ball, Josh, JJJ, Duncan, Dru, Highsmith, Love all were touching the ball once or twice in every halfcourt set looking for the absolute best opening. The movement creates mismatches and Bam has know become hyper aggressive when he spots a mismatch on him. Jimmy on the other hand just goes hard at whomever is in front of him, and if the initial attack doesn't work he will pass out for shot.

ICC I agree with this.

But you mean ‘kickout’ pass, not ‘outlet’ pass, right? Whereas kickouts come from drives or post ups and outlets are transition passes?
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,550

Post#209 » by twix2500 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:12 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
carnageta wrote:Only 'unacceptable' loss so far has been the Brooklyn loss at home. Our other 3 losses were on the road against Boston, Minnesota, and Milwaukee. The Celtics always beat us in October / November before getting dusted when it matters most - this has been the trend for years; we haven't won a game in Minnesota in idk how many years (not to mention it was on the second night of a back-to-back without Jimmy Butler; and we didn't have Bam for the Bucks game.

Yeah the Brooklyn Loss for sure was a miss but those should happen early in the season, even against bad teams. I dislike when we have these really bad losses to crap teams after Christmas as were starting to ramp up in the season, and we should have cleaned up our play by then.
Yeah first half of the season should be looked at differently than the second half

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#210 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:05 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

ICC I agree with this.

But you mean ‘kickout’ pass, not ‘outlet’ pass, right? Whereas kickouts come from drives or post ups and outlets are transition passes?

Yeah disregard my Outlet passes comment it should of been Kickout pass thats where I was going.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#211 » by KingDavid » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:33 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Herro gets hurt we go on to the finals. Herro gets hurt we win 5 in a row and counting. Drob has always been the key to our success going back to the bubble year. Herro gets his points at the expense of others while Duncan gets his in the flow of the offense. Just a lil something to think about

Uhhh, you might want to check the roster on 3 of those 5 wins...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#212 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:46 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Herro gets hurt we go on to the finals. Herro gets hurt we win 5 in a row and counting. Drob has always been the key to our success going back to the bubble year. Herro gets his points at the expense of others while Duncan gets his in the flow of the offense. Just a lil something to think about

Yeah, we were playing good with Herro as well, just playing different now that is all.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#213 » by Bourne85 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:00 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Yeah, we were playing good with Herro as well, just playing BETTER now that is all.

Fixed. Last year was no coincidence. We couldn’t even beat the Hawks in the play in with Herro jacking up shots. Hes a guy that needs to “get his” while guys like Duncan just do their job with no ego. I stand by what I said. We play better when Herro isn’t around, which also relates to why he’s in trade talks everyday
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#214 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:04 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Uhhh, you might want to check the roster on 3 of those 5 wins...

Yeah, we were playing good with Herro as well, just playing BETTER now that is all.

Fixed. Last year was no coincidence. We couldn’t even beat the Hawks in the play in with Herro jacking up shots. Hes a guy that needs to “get his” while guys like Duncan just do their job with no ego. I stand by what I said. We play better when Herro isn’t around, which also relates to why he’s in trade talks everyday

That was last year, which if that's how your gonna base the discussion then yes evidence will point to that being true. That's not the case this year, in fact the games we lost this year its because of the other players on the team not bringing it. The question that was being discussed is this years current events on our current 5 win streak, where more than half of them where impactful from him. I would temper my expectations, cause you know basketball gods are gonna hand us a terrible 3-4 game losing streak, and well be here all saying this team sucks once again because we cannot score and Duncan, Dru, JJJ, and Richardson are playing like straight dudu.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#215 » by gom » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:35 pm

I don't get this need to create divisions by trashing our players. Can't you guys just have some fun?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#216 » by DayofMourning » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:50 pm

Only 6 teams in the NBA with better records than us after this win!
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#217 » by gom » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:30 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Only 6 teams in the NBA with better records than us after this win!

Current results and upcoming schedule:

13 away games and 10 home games. Combined with 6 away games and 4 home games we've had, that means we'll have 22 road games more to play (and of course 27 home games). It's critical that we at least split on the road and suffer no more bad losses at home. We'll have another chance against Brooklyn on Thursday. I hope we perform like we should.

Outside of the 7 games against Charlotte and Chicago, it's a tough-ass schedule. Brooklyn and Indiana have scorching offenses. The 6-game stretch between these opponents has playing Cleveland, Knicks, Nets, Bucks, and two games with the resurgent Pacers. We get Philly at home for Christmas but then a 5-game roadtrip west.

It's a 23-game run until the end of that road trip west. If we can go 13-10, especially without Herro until likely the end of December, I'll be very happy. Anything more is...

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#218 » by Bourne85 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:57 pm

gom wrote:I don't get this need to create divisions by trashing our players. Can't you guys just have some fun?

Not even trashing, in fact I have stated previously that Herro looks to have improved this season. Just alarming that when he’s not around other guys just seem to play better. We cannot dispute that Herro jacks up far too many shots. Shots that could’ve been distributed to others, getting other guys going. Herro is playing like he’s out to prove himself, while guys like Duncan and Highsmith etc are just playing to do their jobs correctly
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,042

Post#219 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:29 pm

gom wrote:I don't get this need to create divisions by trashing our players. Can't you guys just have some fun?

Some Heat fans have this incessant need to manufacture a bogeyman to fight against. Like Bourne said, guys like Highsmith just seem to play better when Herro is not around. Lets ignore the fact that he’s shooting 3-17 in two games without Herro, and shot 10/17 the 3 prior games with him. It’s so lame, sometimes guys just have off nights. I’m surprised they havent turned on Caleb yet
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#220 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:29 pm

I just want to say Bam is trending up. This guys is averaging 26pts-14rbs-6ast-2blks in his last four games, while being the best Defender on the floor every game, that's insane. I don't expect him to finish the season with those stats but if he even remotely comes close to that and Miami is top 3 seed, I don't see why he can't be on both the MVP and DPOY ladder.

Return to Miami Heat