ImageImageImage

HEATS V. BOOTY GOBEAR, MON 12/18, 7:30PM

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,338

Re: HEATS V. BOOTY GOBEAR, MON 12/18, 7:30PM 

Post#221 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:27 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Call it how I see it, and view him without the warping of rose tinted lenses that you seem to view him through.

Sounds like you need lasik, you just talk out of your ass tbh

3-9 in the 4th with a couple of turnovers.

Spin that however you'd like, eagle eyes

Right, he didn’t play well. You’ve been waiting all season to push your agenda because it’s been cooked, have yourself a day brother, this is your championship
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,516

Post#222 » by Beenie » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Sounds like you need lasik, you just talk out of your ass tbh

Right, he didn’t play well. You’ve been waiting all season to push your agenda because it’s been cooked, have yourself a day brother, this is your championship

Calling it how I see it is the agenda.

I can see how this may come off as a foreign concept though to someone with more of a personal agenda.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#223 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Calling it how I see it is the agenda.

I can see how this may come off as a foreign concept though to someone with more of a personal agenda.

Where have you been all season?
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#224 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:39 pm

Bam played the entire 4th next to bench players the first 6 minutes and y’all are wondering why his usage was so high :lol:

Why is Herro checking in with 6 minutes left? Why is Jimmy coming in with 4 minutes left? Yes if any of those 3 are on the court next to 4 bench players in the 4th they’re likely to get the bulk of the usage.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#225 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:41 pm

But anyways I’m out, had to call out some ignorance but I don’t care to be too active or debate much when the we don’t have a legitimate contender. Maybe they’ll change it at the deadline, highly Doubftul though
#FreeBam
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#226 » by NightWatch » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:47 pm

Jimmy wasn’t really available in this game, that’s all and that’s it.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#227 » by gom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:08 pm

It's pretty clear that the Wolves are a better team. I'm surprised it was that close. Looking forward to a rematch in the postseason.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,257

Post#228 » by AirP. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:11 pm

-A quick an easy way to see where the problems were during the game last night was with basketball-references' plus/minus page for last night's game. The stunk in the 3rd with all the starters and most of the 4th. It was a collective effort to piss away the game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/plus-minus/202312180MIA.html

You can be a deeper team without being a better team if you don't figure out the correct roles for people which means players having to sacrifice.

C.Martin had averaged 18 ppg his previous 7 games, last night he got 5 shots.
Jaquez Jr was a few games away from D.Wade's rookie record for consecutive double digit games and got 8 shots after averaging nearly 18 ppg his last 13 games.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#229 » by Beenie » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:16 pm

Sparsely around praising Duncan and Jaquez here and there.

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Bam played the entire 4th next to bench players the first 6 minutes and y’all are wondering why his usage was so high :lol:

Maybe pass the ball to guys who aren't being guarded by Gobert perhaps, namely JJJ who's been a 4Q revelation for most of the year.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#230 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:20 pm

Beenie wrote:

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Bam played the entire 4th next to bench players the first 6 minutes and y’all are wondering why his usage was so high :lol:

Maybe pass the ball to guys who aren't being guarded by Gobert perhaps, namely JJJ who's been a 4Q revelation for most of the year.

JJJ who went 1-5 in the 1st 4-5 minutes of the quarter with his only basket coming off a Bam assist? You sure your eyes aren’t deceiving you?
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#231 » by Beenie » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:45 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

JJJ who went 1-5 in the 1st 4-5 minutes of the quarter with his only basket coming off a Bam assist? You sure your eyes aren’t deceiving you?

He played bad, getting kneed in the balls at the end of the 3rd didnt help his cause, but I would still prefer spamming JJJ rather than allow Bam to go 1-1 against Gobert.

Anyone shooting the ball who isnt being guarding by Gobert would have been a better option is the greater point.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,002

Post#232 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:30 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
1-Caught on camera being overly homophobic
2-Telling a girl to “abort the child lol”. Just throwing away life cuz he can’t own up to his responsibilities like a man.

And those are just the things made public. Great player, terrible person. Can’t just excuse these morons cuz they are skilled at bouncing a ball

I cannot believe this is the response from a firefighter/paramedic :lol:

? U lost me here lol no clue what my career has to do with my post. The guy is an illiterate, immature a hole. Some fire fighters sleep around yes, I did as well, but I didn’t go around impregnating women and telling them to “abort lol” and “send da video”. I also had no reason to hate on gay pple. :wavefinger:

It’s ok to like Edwards game and also admit so far he’s showed everyone he is a childish fool.

In no way am I attempting to shame you WHATSOEVER for any reason. I have to make that very clear. And frankly, you wouldn't give a damn if I did anyway, but I don't anything negative to say whatsoever. Keep that in mind if/when you read this.

Spoiler:
You have one of the best careers out there. The level of bravery it takes to do your job is rarely matched as it can be extremely dangerous yet rewarding. Idk if you remember, but we talked about it briefly because I almost became a firemedic, but went into a different career path. However, I did all the education sans the fire academy (that's when I decided to pivot, did EMT at BFA, then paramedics at BC)...as you well know, that includes clinicals and more specifically, ride times; tons of them in various cities and departments. Without getting into further unnecessary details, I know how a lot you guys move (people vomit info to me irl). Assuming your take here about Ant's situation is how you generally express your displeasure in this instance, then that (and privacy) can lead to why you might not told those little details. I've been privy to those details by a few of your peers as a student because of a number of factors about me that don't really matter right now. Convos to convince women to have abortions by men who do not want to have children with women they're not attached to is prevalent. Very prevalent. The problem is the IG model made a private convo public.

Men generally want to have sex with women they're attracted to, but do not want have kids by certain women they're not attached to or have very little attachment with. Being rich and superstar status just amplifies that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying I understand why Ant did what he did in the manner he did so. Most people actively want to give women the right to choose whether or not to carry a child to term, so why is it a problem if men request that the women they don't care about to have an abortion? We don't know the specifics of the situation. He could be a slime ball, sure. The condom, if one was used, could have been broken in the act. She could have lied about being on birth control or chose not to take it once she had him locked in. There's so many variables that could have taken place that we don't know, so to assume the worst from the ONE instance he's had with a woman that's gone public is a bit much. Especially in your career field. Firemedics, nurses, doctors, LEOs; y'all tend have casual sex like rabbits in heat. Mistakes are going to happen and sometimes, you gotta convince the woman that it isn't what she thinks it is and that can take time. We're not wealthy or popular so that's what we have to do. Ant doesn't have the want or time to convince some random chick he just wanted to smash and doesn't care about, so he offered 100k.

That's the typical nature of the popular and wealthy. They'll present themselves as high as the expected standard, but in the dark, they're just human like you and I. I understand if you're for/against abortions; I'm indifferent. I've never had to make a woman get one because I know what I'm doing, but I don't care one way or another about it because that social issue doesn't have anything to do with my money and my business. But your opinions about this are your own beliefs and that's ok. I just found it interesting that someone in your field holds this position. I wouldn't have expected that.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#233 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:47 pm

AirP. wrote:-A quick an easy way to see where the problems were during the game last night was with basketball-references' plus/minus page for last night's game. The stunk in the 3rd with all the starters and most of the 4th. It was a collective effort to piss away the game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/plus-minus/202312180MIA.html

You can be a deeper team without being a better team if you don't figure out the correct roles for people which means players having to sacrifice.

C.Martin had averaged 18 ppg his previous 7 games, last night he got 5 shots.
Jaquez Jr was a few games away from D.Wade's rookie record for consecutive double digit games and got 8 shots after averaging nearly 18 his last 13 games.

Think we might need to pick up the pace to get a comfy number of possessions to go around. Bam is rusty and looks like he's still dinged up (Bourne had a GREAT possible explanation as Bam won't qualify for all-nba if he misses more games; that affects his future salary potential; I don't blame Bam for this). Alternatively, we can play through our best players; Jimmy, Bam, and Herro like we normally do while the rest make the most of given opportunities, but I think that cat is out the bag now that we've seen what Caleb and shockingly Jaquez are capable of. Not having a true veteran PG aside from Lowry is also a big problem and I think we go on big slumps when there isn't one to QB the offense.

Idk why we go away from creating through Jaquez on the block when the bench comes in, that's some semblance of a playmaking guard that can get buckets or set up the offense to make the defense scramble and find open shooters.

We play too damn slow from my eye test, which could be completely false lol.

Idk why we didn't make Gobert get mixed up in P&R's more often in the second half.

Jrich had a good game, but I could see that he just isn't a true PG. I'm not saying he should defer to 3J, that's asinine, but it showed me how important true PGs are in the starting AND bench group. 3J seems to have greater court vision and ability to find players and create plays for others compared to Jrich, but for a rookie who isn't a PG, making him QB the bench might be too much for him and his lack of NBA experience, especially since it appears we're developing him to be a playmaking 3/4 tweener.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#234 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:50 pm

Did anyone notice what changes the wolves made from the first half to the second half?
#HEATLifer

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#235 » by dolphinatik » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:30 pm

Spo doesnt care how the game is going and who is doing what. He has his program and follows his own agenda and treats it like individual games dont matter. Herro and Bam were great to start but Im beyond confused how you can go from unknown when they can come back to leading the team in minutes played the next game. In a perfect world they would have been eased in to get back to top form. 2nd 1/2 they were both a step slow and the chemistry with the other guys was way off. Jimmy from distance was not a good call yet we seem to try to go to that often even though there are better shooters on the team.

Id like to see less minutes from Bam and Tyler we dont need them emptying the tank every game when the bench has shown they are capable. Besides the outcome lots of things went well. This was nothing we havnt seen before.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#236 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:42 am

KingDavid wrote:Did anyone notice what changes the wolves made from the first half to the second half?

Yeah, in the first half their open 3pointers were not falling, however they were having success under the basket scoring with ease, but their turnovers made us look better than what it was and tilted the game in our favor. They stayed poised and kept to their game, in the second half they began being more aggressive taking it to the basket, spamming pick and rolls killing our help defense. When we began to fall apart and our switches kept getting late they made us pay, easy lobs, pocket passes, fast breaks of misses. Eventually their 3pointers started hitting and that was game.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#237 » by Shewasfly » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:42 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I cannot believe this is the response from a firefighter/paramedic :lol:

? U lost me here lol no clue what my career has to do with my post. The guy is an illiterate, immature a hole. Some fire fighters sleep around yes, I did as well, but I didn’t go around impregnating women and telling them to “abort lol” and “send da video”. I also had no reason to hate on gay pple. :wavefinger:

It’s ok to like Edwards game and also admit so far he’s showed everyone he is a childish fool.

In no way am I attempting to shame you WHATSOEVER for any reason. I have to make that very clear. And frankly, you wouldn't give a damn if I did anyway, but I don't anything negative to say whatsoever. Keep that in mind if/when you read this.

Spoiler:
You have one of the best careers out there. The level of bravery it takes to do your job is rarely matched as it can be extremely dangerous yet rewarding. Idk if you remember, but we talked about it briefly because I almost became a firemedic, but went into a different career path. However, I did all the education sans the fire academy (that's when I decided to pivot, did EMT at BFA, then paramedics at BC)...as you well know, that includes clinicals and more specifically, ride times; tons of them in various cities and departments. Without getting into further unnecessary details, I know how a lot you guys move (people vomit info to me irl). Assuming your take here about Ant's situation is how you generally express your displeasure in this instance, then that (and privacy) can lead to why you might not told those little details. I've been privy to those details by a few of your peers as a student because of a number of factors about me that don't really matter right now. Convos to convince women to have abortions by men who do not want to have children with women they're not attached to is prevalent. Very prevalent. The problem is the IG model made a private convo public.

Men generally want to have sex with women they're attracted to, but do not want have kids by certain women they're not attached to or have very little attachment with. Being rich and superstar status just amplifies that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying I understand why Ant did what he did in the manner he did so. Most people actively want to give women the right to choose whether or not to carry a child to term, so why is it a problem if men request that the women they don't care about to have an abortion? We don't know the specifics of the situation. He could be a slime ball, sure. The condom, if one was used, could have been broken in the act. She could have lied about being on birth control or chose not to take it once she had him locked in. There's so many variables that could have taken place that we don't know, so to assume the worst from the ONE instance he's had with a woman that's gone public is a bit much. Especially in your career field. Firemedics, nurses, doctors, LEOs; y'all tend have casual sex like rabbits in heat. Mistakes are going to happen and sometimes, you gotta convince the woman that it isn't what she thinks it is and that can take time. We're not wealthy or popular so that's what we have to do. Ant doesn't have the want or time to convince some random chick he just wanted to smash and doesn't care about, so he offered 100k.

That's the typical nature of the popular and wealthy. They'll present themselves as high as the expected standard, but in the dark, they're just human like you and I. I understand if you're for/against abortions; I'm indifferent. I've never had to make a woman get one because I know what I'm doing, but I don't care one way or another about it because that social issue doesn't have anything to do with my money and my business. But your opinions about this are your own beliefs and that's ok. I just found it interesting that someone in your field holds this position. I wouldn't have expected that.

Spoiler:
I know you're not talking to me, but as the resident woman, I had to step in. This is definitely one of the dumber takes on here, and that's saying a lot because there's been so many horrible ones just about basketball this season that I haven't even wanted to post. But comments like yours and the person you're quoting is why for the most part, men on either side of the abortion debate are viewed poorly and women for the most part just want you all to stfu.

Its one thing to be pro-choice because you recognize that since babies are entirely gestated and birthed by women, its her choice. Its another thing entirely to be pro-choice because you want the ability to act as irresponsibly sexually as possible, and then bully/lie/manipulate women into procedures that have 0 impact on you but do on her.

No one cares about whores having as much casual sex as they like. Stick your dicks in toasters for all most people care. But if you're going to do so, and have clearly determined that you don't care about the person you're having sex with, take the precautions. It is, quite frankly, despicable behavior to know you want nothing to do with a person, and then take all the actions necessary to tie yourself to them for life by having sex unprotected, and then "convincing" them to do something to their bodies so you can throw them away. You're talking about another human being, not a toy. If you don't like them, behave as such and don't screw them, or screw them with a condom, which has zero hormonal effects on you and doesn't require any physical procedure either.

Thankfully I grew up around pro sports and have always been a daddies girl so I have never ran into this type of situation. But Ant is being looked at like a piece of **** because he is. Hope he loses as many endorsements as possible behind this.
:tiredJB:
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#238 » by Shewasfly » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:46 pm

dolphinatik wrote:Spo doesnt care how the game is going and who is doing what. He has his program and follows his own agenda and treats it like individual games dont matter. Herro and Bam were great to start but Im beyond confused how you can go from unknown when they can come back to leading the team in minutes played the next game. In a perfect world they would have been eased in to get back to top form. 2nd 1/2 they were both a step slow and the chemistry with the other guys was way off. Jimmy from distance was not a good call yet we seem to try to go to that often even though there are better shooters on the team.

Id like to see less minutes from Bam and Tyler we dont need them emptying the tank every game when the bench has shown they are capable. Besides the outcome lots of things went well. This was nothing we havnt seen before.

I definitely think people freaked out about the outcome far too much. Tyler looked good (though now I'm nervous every time he takes any bit of impact :noway: ) and Bam looked good as well, if you have the appropriate expectations of him. He has improved a lot offensively, but people keep trying to put him in the same vein as Jimmy, and that's where they go wrong. He's not a first option type and still not a dependable second option type either. What he did was fine for the first game back after an injury, where he played more minutes than he should have.
:tiredJB:
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,427

Post#239 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:35 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:Spo doesnt care how the game is going and who is doing what. He has his program and follows his own agenda and treats it like individual games dont matter. Herro and Bam were great to start but Im beyond confused how you can go from unknown when they can come back to leading the team in minutes played the next game. In a perfect world they would have been eased in to get back to top form. 2nd 1/2 they were both a step slow and the chemistry with the other guys was way off. Jimmy from distance was not a good call yet we seem to try to go to that often even though there are better shooters on the team.

I definitely think people freaked out about the outcome far too much. Tyler looked good (though now I'm nervous every time he takes any bit of impact :noway: ) and Bam looked good as well, if you have the appropriate expectations of him. He has improved a lot offensively, but people keep trying to put him in the same vein as Jimmy, and that's where they go wrong. He's not a first option type and still not a dependable second option type either. What he did was fine for the first game back after an injury, where he played more minutes than he should have.

Agree with this take here. I think Bam did play very good taking into consideration he was facing very good and tall defensive players, Tyler also played good, a few things i have noticed since the season began, Josh is a horrible options at point guard, hopefully our robotic coach will realize this before is too late, and out perimeter defense is beyond bad, we keep on getting toasted in the perimeter just to commit a foul close to the basket on the driving player or letting them dunk at will. We are not an elite defensive team anymore. Offense is not bad, but our defense is beyond horrible.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#240 » by KingDavid » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:51 am

Shewasfly wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I know you're not talking to me, but as the resident woman, I had to step in. This is definitely one of the dumber takes on here, and that's saying a lot because there's been so many horrible ones just about basketball this season that I haven't even wanted to post. But comments like yours and the person you're quoting is why for the most part, men on either side of the abortion debate are viewed poorly and women for the most part just want you all to stfu.

Its one thing to be pro-choice because you recognize that since babies are entirely gestated and birthed by women, its her choice. Its another thing entirely to be pro-choice because you want the ability to act as irresponsibly sexually as possible, and then bully/lie/manipulate women into procedures that have 0 impact on you but do on her.

No one cares about whores having as much casual sex as they like. Stick your dicks in toasters for all most people care. But if you're going to do so, and have clearly determined that you don't care about the person you're having sex with, take the precautions. It is, quite frankly, despicable behavior to know you want nothing to do with a person, and then take all the actions necessary to tie yourself to them for life by having sex unprotected, and then "convincing" them to do something to their bodies so you can throw them away. You're talking about another human being, not a toy. If you don't like them, behave as such and don't screw them, or screw them with a condom, which has zero hormonal effects on you and doesn't require any physical procedure either.

Thankfully I grew up around pro sports and have always been a daddies girl so I have never ran into this type of situation. But Ant is being looked at like a piece of **** because he is. Hope he loses as many endorsements as possible behind this.

This is wildly off topic. I edited your post to add a spoiler, we can talk about it, but it has to be spoiled.
Spoiler:
You can't be serious. I was speaking bluntly to Bourne as you saw and if I had to relay that reply to you, it wouldn't be in the same manner as I wrote with Bourne just to avoid the EXACT reply you gave me. Matter of fact, I'd just tell you "yeah, Ant's wilding. Because that kid could resent him for it if they ever find out". That's it. That's all. Because you're entitled to that opinion and it's nothing to challenge. But I'll be blunt with you here. You stepped over what I was trying to extrapolate with Bourne. His relative industry is RIFE with people who do that exact thing and the conflict therein; they have a damn near familial bond because their lives can on the very next next call. They're just not rich and popular like Ant. I replied in a manner to make him think about his congruency if he cares to. You also stepped over where I clearly said "idc one way or another" about abortions.

First of all, if that woman wants a man to wear a condom, she can demand that or completely deny sex. She's equally responsible and accountable of the result of that decision. She's in control of who she lets inside of her and whether or not that man wears protection. Yes the man should want to wear one for his own health, but STDs are rampant anyway. Oh well, not my problem.

Second of all, that IG model is known for being passed around. She knew what time it was. As did Ant. He didn't do this with his girlfriend or wife, he did it to some chick that wanted him to smash. These are grown folk that know wtf they're doing and all the risks associated with their actions and decisions. Talking about a toy. Stop infantizing them. Yes they're humans, horny ass humans.

I'm not gonna stfu about anything I choose to talk about. Let me be absolutely clear about my position; Idgaf about abortions. It's not my problem or a decision I have to make. I somehow stupidly forget how to pee in between rounds and get a chick pregnant, great. I attract a lot of women, but I'm selective of who I sleep with. I don't sleep with women who I wouldn't want to bear my children. If she wants to keep it, great. She wants to abort it, great. I'm going to handle it either way, but whether or not it comes to term is not my choice. A couple of zero side effect male birth control are almost here. I care about that. Because that's something I can control. There's going to be a lot less unwanted pregnancies in the very near future. Thankfully women won't have to drive their hormones in a frenzy, stick semi-permanent adjuncts inside, fluctuate wildly in weight anymore, etc. if they choose to. Worried about that std rate though.

I wasn't condoning the actions of Ant and frankly, a lot of these athletes, including our favorite player. Duh, of course my posts are dumb. :lol: Oh! I should change my name to HeWasFly. That's not a bad name...No, I'm not doing HeWasDumb or HeIsDumb. Maybe.
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat