ImageImageImage

**Fantasy Trade Thread** Updated for 2023

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

contract
RealGM
And1: 21,053

Re: **Fantasy Trade Thread** Updated for 2023 

Post#361 » by contract » Sun May 28, 2023 6:41 pm

More interesting to me is what we do in a world where no one just hands us a star, and we have to fill our roster out with whatever we can get for Lowry's and Dipo's expiring deals.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#362 » by ShulaDon92 » Mon May 29, 2023 2:51 am

Bam
Ingram
Butler
Strus
Vincent
-
?? Bench??
dagger151
Sophomore
And1: 308

Post#363 » by dagger151 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:08 pm

Ingram would be solid next to BAM but I dont know how you still retain both Strus and Gabe in that scenario. They are going to get offers from other teams driving up the price as it did with Duncan and would have been with Herro without the extension.
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#364 » by ShulaDon92 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:04 pm

dagger151 wrote:Ingram would be solid next to BAM but I dont know how you still retain both Strus and Gabe in that scenario. They are going to get offers from other teams driving up the price as it did with Duncan and would have been with Herro without the extension.

Strus and Gabe get mid level deals, move Lowry and maybe duncan or herro?

-SHULA
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#365 » by ShulaDon92 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:59 am

Calebs playing real good right now. If he keeps this up he will get a nice deal soon. His stock is up.

Going to have to make smart chemistry decisions going forward to maintain the optimal roster. Every one needs to fit the coachs schemes without too much drag

-SHULA
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#366 » by dolphinatik » Wed May 31, 2023 3:11 am

gimmer some Grant Williams. Rumor was Miami was trying to get him all year. Sign me up, would be nice to see him on our side doing the dirty work.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Butter
General Manager
And1: 130

Post#367 » by Butter » Sat Jun 3, 2023 10:16 pm

Any trade for Damian Lillard, the Blazers will likely want Bam, but that leaves a big hole at center for thr Heat.

What about:

Dame/Nurk
for
Lowry/Bam
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,323

Post#368 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:20 am

Butter wrote:Any trade for Damian Lillard, the Blazers will likely want Bam, but that leaves a big hole at center for thr Heat.

What about:

Dame/Nurk
for
Lowry/Bam

Nope!
#FreeBam
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#369 » by SA37 » Fri Jun 9, 2023 8:09 pm

gom wrote:
SA37 wrote:
gom wrote:Assuming Herro stays, he will also be good. Trading him for Beal looks sideways, except that Herro is younger and has improved every season. Patience is a virtue.

Beal is a much better scorer, but I don't see Beal as an answer, especially at $50/M a season.

Maybe Beal is now, but probably not in 3 years when 27 year-old Herro makes $33,000,000 and 34 year-old Beal has a player option for $57,128,610.

Just to not mix in with the game thread...

I still think for this particular Miami team, Beal is not a major upgrade over Herro even though he is a better player than Herro.

That said, if Miami is going to look to move Herro, I'd think Miami would be gunning for FVV or Terry Rozier (and another player).
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#370 » by gom » Fri Jun 9, 2023 10:19 pm

SA37 wrote:
gom wrote:
SA37 wrote: Beal is a much better scorer, but I don't see Beal as an answer, especially at $50/M a season.

Maybe Beal is now, but probably not in 3 years when 27 year-old Herro makes $33,000,000 and 34 year-old Beal has a player option for $57,128,610.

Just to not mix in with the game thread...

I still think for this particular Miami team, Beal is not a major upgrade over Herro even though he is a better player than Herro.

That said, if Miami is going to look to move Herro, I'd think Miami would be gunning for FVV or Terry Rozier (and another player).

Thanks for moving the discussion. Focus is essential!!! :)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#371 » by gom » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:19 pm

Fwiw, I prefer SGA to Dame a thousand times over. He should be the target, and we should pair him with Bam.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,170

Post#372 » by greg4012 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:23 pm

gom wrote:Fwiw, I prefer SGA to Dame a thousand times over. He should be the target, and we should pair him with Bam.

Feel like there's negative percent chance that OKC has any interest in moving SGA
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#373 » by greg4012 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:43 pm

Glad this thread was bumped as it's the best place to discuss hypothetical trades. I'm gonna move my Beal post over here:

All accounts are that WAS is about to go all in on a rebuild and Beal’s contract is considered a devalued asset right now, especially with his no trade clause. It presents a real opportunity to add a lead scoring punch without being gouged on price.

Washington gets Herro + Lowry (expiring) + 1 first round pick (maybe a swap also or additional protected pick?)

Miami gets Bradley Beal + Delon Wright

Miami lineup becomes something like this:

Gabe Vincent - Delon Wright - Goran Dragic
Bradley Beal - Duncan Robinson
Jimmy Butler - Caleb Martin - Haywood Highsmith
Kevin Love /Nikola Jovic/Jae Crowder
Bam Adebayo - Andre Drummond

Beal is a true 3-level scorer that can lead the team in FGA and points while allowing Bam and Jimmy to pick their impact spots and focus on maximizing their impacts without the offense constantly needing them to put up and create the looks. He's 2-years removed from being the Eastern Conference scoring leader and back to back 30+ ppg seasons. I don't believe he's on the decline, he just adjusted his game to play with personnel that need to have the ball and shoot to contribute (Kuzma and Porzingis both had similar usage to Beal this year--Kuzma actually led the team in FGA).

For any who think that trading for Beal is bad because he has a big contract and we have Herro, I question that logic. Beal is multiple tiers better than Herro in every facet of the game and has a build/athleticism that can be more serviceable (slightly bigger frame than Jamal Murray). The narrative that we shouldn't take on Beal's contract because we already have Herro vaguely reminds me of a similar position taken by some that we didn't need to pursue Jimmy Butler because we had the younger Josh Richardson already (they had comparable base counting stats during that regular season).

https://wizofawes.com/2023/03/08/washington-wizards-brilliance-delon-wright/

Low-key Delon Wright would be a great addition to this team. He was arguably the best ballhawking guard in the NBA last season and the best offensive rebounding guard. He’s a very good and disruptive defender, he can run the bench unit and serve as versatile guard depth that can play with various lineups (PG and SG).

This trade essentially gives our team a core that most closely resembles the KG-Pierce-Allen big 3 with a very similar window to compete.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,230

Post#374 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:15 pm

greg4012 wrote:Glad this thread was bumped as it's the best place to discuss hypothetical trades. I'm gonna move my Beal post over here:

All accounts are that WAS is about to go all in on a rebuild and Beal’s contract is considered a devalued asset right now, especially with his no trade clause. It presents a real opportunity to add a lead scoring punch without being gouged on price.

Washington gets Herro + Lowry (expiring) + 1 first round pick (maybe a swap also or additional protected pick?)

Beal is a true 3-level scorer that can lead the team in FGA and points while allowing Bam and Jimmy to pick their impact spots and focus on maximizing their impacts without the offense constantly needing them to put up and create the looks. He's 2-years removed from being the Eastern Conference scoring leader and back to back 30+ ppg seasons. I don't believe he's on the decline, he just adjusted his game to play with personnel that need to have the ball and shoot to contribute (Kuzma and Porzingis both had similar usage to Beal this year--Kuzma actually led the team in FGA).

For any who think that trading for Beal is bad because he has a big contract and we have Herro, I question that logic. Beal is multiple tiers better than Herro in every facet of the game and has a build/athleticism that can be more serviceable (slightly bigger frame than Jamal Murray). The narrative that we shouldn't take on Beal's contract because we already have Herro vaguely reminds me of a similar position taken by some that we didn't need to pursue Jimmy Butler because we had the younger Josh Richardson already (they had comparable base counting stats during that regular season).

Low-key Delon Wright would be a great addition to this team. He was arguably the best ballhawking guard in the NBA last season and the best offensive rebounding guard. He’s a very good and disruptive defender, he can run the bench unit and serve as versatile guard depth that can play with various lineups (PG and SG).

This trade essentially gives our team a core that most closely resembles the KG-Pierce-Allen big 3 with a very similar window to compete.

Beal will cost us 3 first round draft picks, thats the market rate, repressed or not repressed. The bigger issue will be other teams can also make a play for him. The Celtic have Tatum that has always wanted Beal etc. This is not a situation where we are the only team interested in him. The other thing remember is that the owner of the Wiz ultimate goal is to get to the playoffs and make money not a championship, so when we hear rebuild it might not mean the same thing we have in mind. Would anyone be surprised if they make a small mover and bring back the same team?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#375 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:45 pm

greg4012 wrote:Glad this thread was bumped as it's the best place to discuss hypothetical trades. I'm gonna move my Beal post over here:

If Dame doesn’t happen I wouldn’t mind pivoting to try and get Beal and KP.

Gabe
Beal
Jimmy
KP
Bam

Go after the Pat Bevs, Lopez, Crowder, Dragic, etc. to fill out the roster. 3 and D Vets anywhere we can plug them in
#FreeBam
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,042

Post#376 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:53 pm

Yea Beal is probably the better option for this group than Lillard. Younger, bigger, and isnt going to cost your first born in a trade.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#377 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:07 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

Beal will cost us 3 first round draft picks, thats the market rate, repressed or not repressed. The bigger issue will be other teams can also make a play for him. The Celtic have Tatum that has always wanted Beal etc. This is not a situation where we are the only team interested in him. The other thing remember is that the owner of the Wiz ultimate goal is to get to the playoffs and make money not a championship, so when we hear rebuild it might not mean the same thing we have in mind. Would anyone be surprised if they make a small mover and bring back the same team?

Washington just hired Michael Winger to run the organization and have given him full leeway to rebuild if he deems that the proper approach. The fact that Beal has a no-trade-clause cannot be understated.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2023/06/07/is-a-rebuild-coming-to-the-washington-wizards-league-executives-think-so/

Many rival executives The Athletic has polled informally over the last two weeks expect Winger to undertake a full rebuild — if not this offseason, then within the next year.

Asked about his plans for the team, Winger says he’s leaving his options open.

“The raw, unfiltered truth is, I haven’t yet crafted the immediate vision for the franchise,” he says. “There are a lot of talented and high-character players on the team. I want to get to know them a little bit. The construct of a team isn’t just a matter of what is demonstrated on the court. It’s not just a matter of the box score. Team dynamics are personal, and I think that I need to understand those things before hatching an actionable plan. And I know that that’s not necessarily measurable in this moment. But it is the truth.”

In response to a question from the press, Winger confirmed what The Athletic reported May 25: He has full authority to rebuild if that’s what he and his basketball operations staff decide to do.

Winger's message to the vets on the roster from his intro press conference:

“I don't think we're going to be an overnight title contender; that I'm pretty confident about. And so, if they [Beal, Kuzma, Porzingis] would rather pursue immediate winning, then they probably do have to pursue that somewhere else. But I think that there's very open dialogue, a very open invitation to talk about the future of the team – the near-term future and the long-term future – and see where goals align and see where they don't align.”

The idea of the Wizards entering a rebuild and turning Bradley Beal into Tyler Herro + 1-2 picks + cap space is a VERY healthy move for the future. Herro is still developing and can replace some of what Beal provided off the bat--he fits a future-focused timeline.

The impression I've gotten from Wizards fans is that they're all in on a rebuild, are ready to trade Beal, and aren't expecting an exorbitant return.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,284

Post#378 » by oreon » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:37 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Gabe
Beal
Jimmy
KP
Bam

Go after the Pat Bevs, Lopez, Crowder, Dragic, etc. to fill out the roster. 3 and D Vets anywhere we can plug them in

I'd rather rebuild than take on that nasty Beal contract. He's the definition of an overrated empty stats player who gets hurt every season. He played 50 games last year and 40 before and he's on that super max. Heat need to stay away from that. If we're gonna handicap ourselves with that 2nd tax apron that virtually takes away all flexibility it has to be for someone like Dame, whose a top 10 or top 15 player
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#379 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:01 pm

oreon wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Dame should absolutely be option 1A

Gabe
Beal
Jimmy
KP
Bam

I'd rather rebuild than take on that nasty Beal contract. He's the definition of an overrated empty stats player who gets hurt every season. He played 50 games last year and 40 before and he's on that super max. Heat need to stay away from that. If we're gonna handicap ourselves with that 2nd tax apron that virtually takes away all flexibility it has to be for someone like Dame, whose a top 10 or top 15 player

Dame should absolutely be option 1. With that said, I strongly doubt he’s a top 20 player for the length of his contract.

I don’t buy the idea that bringing on Beal automatically subjects Miami to being handicap with the 2nd tax apron. When I looked at the numbers adding Beal I didn’t see it as being nearly as prohibitive or condemning as the doomsayers like to project.

Opting to rebuild is crazy to me if alternatively Miami can keep this playoff core intact, but swap Beal into the lineup in place of Strus. You don’t think that would make a massive difference?

Beal as the best player on a team is always gonna result in the team being mid. I bet Beal as the 3rd best player on a balanced roster where he can play to his main strengths will suddenly not seem like such an “empty stats” guy.

Might be worth comparing Beal’s stats (both advanced and counting—offensive and defensive) to Ray Allen’s. Prime Ray Allen sounds worth a max contract to me.

Every NBA franchise that is serious about winning a championship will have to navigate pushing up against the 2nd tax apron. Miami needs to be one of them
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#380 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:37 pm

I prefer dame over Beal easily for me and I’m trying to do what it takes to bring Grant or KP along with them. I’d be happy with either and think both put us over the top. I just think Dame is the literal perfect fit next to Jimmy and Bam.

What can’t be understated is both have super close ties to Bam and one thing I like about Beal other than him being younger is his very close relationship to Tatum, who is also a very good friend of Bams. We could put the full court press on getting Tatum in the future when it’s time to replace Jimmy
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat