ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,045

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#41 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Horford consistently turning the 2nd-3rd most dominant player in the world into his bitch every time they match up is so wild to me. Embiid really isn’t anything special when he’s not getting bailed out by the refs and getting 15 free throws a game if we’re being honest.

Your extremist bias is showing again….
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,166

Post#42 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:56 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Horford consistently turning the 2nd-3rd most dominant player in the world into his bitch every time they match up is so wild to me. Embiid really isn’t anything special when he’s not getting bailed out by the refs and getting 15 free throws a game if we’re being honest.

:cry:
#FreeBam
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,045

Post#43 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:53 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

:cry:

At least Bam is getting his own share of calls finally!
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,876

Post#44 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:58 am

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#45 » by KingDavid » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:48 am

Clippers 0-6 since the Harden trade. Wtf is going on?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,228

Post#46 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:48 pm

KingDavid wrote:Clippers 0-6 since the Harden trade. Wtf is going on?

A huge shift in roles during the season for a good number of players and quite possibly not having the right type of roleplayers to complement their main guys? It takes time.

I remember reading something 13 years ago about a similar situation although they had time before the season started to figure things out...
Somewhere, Cleveland fans are laughing their heads off. LeBron turned his back on them, "took his talents" to the Miami Heat and now they look like nothing more than a mediocre last place team. They look no better than James' former team, the Cavaliers, who sit at 7-9.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/528692-lebron-james-the-miami-heat-are-failing-and-so-is-the-king
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#47 » by KingDavid » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:54 pm

AirP. wrote:

A huge shift in roles during the season for a good number of players and quite possibly not having the right type of roleplayers to complement their main guys? It takes time.

I remember reading something 13 years ago about a similar situation although they had time before the season started to figure things out...
Somewhere, Cleveland fans are laughing their heads off. LeBron turned his back on them, "took his talents" to the Miami Heat and now they look like nothing more than a mediocre last place team. They look no better than James' former team, the Cavaliers, who sit at 7-9.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/528692-lebron-james-the-miami-heat-are-failing-and-so-is-the-king

Understood. 7-9 is bad, but we're talking losing seven straight games. Even during our struggles at the beginning of the big three, it was never this bad. You could see the threat of what happens once things clicked. I don't see that from the clippers.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,041

Post#48 » by contract » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:19 pm

GopherIt! wrote:from raps board:

rucku$ wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:are most Raps posters still a fan of Dick?

Before the draft, I didn't really like Dick but to be honest, I didn't know much about Dick. I'm starting to like Dick now that I've got a taste of Dick. Dick's got some good stuff in there just waiting to come out. Just give Dick some time and hopefully Darko can massage it out.

TMI rucku$! :rofl:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#49 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:27 pm

KingDavid wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Understood. 7-9 is bad, but we're talking losing seven straight games. Even during our struggles at the beginning of the big three, it was never this bad. You could see the threat of what happens once things clicked. I don't see that from the clippers.

It's also in season for a change this big, no real time to talk/discuss/practice how to change their play or how to change the roles of nearly everyone on the roster. Even in Houston they had to get the right type of players around just him, now you have to deal with Kawhi, George and Harden with Westbrook also a possible issue with the way he plays.

Now just think back, LeBron and Wade were MVP level players, Bosh not that far off that at that time coming from Toronto and they were under .500 for nearly a 4th of the season AND they had time to plan on how to play and practice together. It just takes time.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,041

Post#50 » by contract » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm

It would have been fun to see Horford in his prime playing alongside Bam, in the same way that I always wanted to see Zo and KG playing together.

Embiid's got no excuses especially with Horford being 37 and on his last leg, but I think it's part of this NBA era. Back in the day Embiid would have learned a proper physical low post game. Embiid has only dunked more than 100 times in a season once in his career, which is wild. David Robinson was doing that regularly even in his mid 30s. And if you look at percentage of shots inside of 3 feet and the average distance of FGA, it's night and day between them, and David Robinson was hardly the most physical big around back then.

Embiid just doesn't impose himself like he should. He's a really good player, but bigs in the past would have taken his lunch money.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#51 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm

Westbrook has asked to come off the bench, those guys are just a horrible fit. Good for him though, he’s a great teammate and I wish we would’ve grabbed him when he was available
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#52 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:40 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Westbrook has asked to come off the bench, those guys are just a horrible fit. Good for him though, he’s a great teammate and I wish we would’ve grabbed him when he was available

Read on Twitter
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#53 » by Heat3 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:04 pm

Beal was out for weeks, played 3 games, now out another three weeks.

If only sleepy Riley and cheap ass Micky would have made a legit offer then those three games could have been in a Heat uniform! :cry:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,926

Post#54 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:55 am

Watching Detroit/Cleveland. Jesus. Thats some ugly bball.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:56 am

Jonathan Isaac man...finally showing his potential.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:17 am

Gom! Isaac doing it!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:20 am

Caruso with dat big 3!
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#58 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:40 pm

Heat3 wrote:Beal was out for weeks, played 3 games, now out another three weeks.

If only sleepy Riley and cheap ass Micky would have made a legit offer then those three games could have been in a Heat uniform! :cry:

Same for Booker too, would **** SUCK to have him!!! And all injuries are created equal, same thing would’ve happened here!

Luckily our 2 guard is always healthy so while the extra scoring would’ve been nice it wasn’t needed!
#FreeBam
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#59 » by Heat3 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:14 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Beal was out for weeks, played 3 games, now out another three weeks.

Same for Booker too, would **** SUCK to have him!!! And all injuries are created equal, same thing would’ve happened here!

Luckily our 2 guard is always healthy so while the extra scoring would’ve been nice it wasn’t needed!

That’s right. This injury is totally out of left field. The fact that bum ass Lowry has played more games than him over the past four seasons is just a coincidence.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#60 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:05 pm

Heat3 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

That’s right. This injury is totally out of left field. The fact that bum ass Lowry has played more games than him over the past four seasons is just a coincidence.

Exactly! And it’s crazy to think including the playoffs Herro has only played 12 less games than Lowry over that same time in his youth!!

Give me some knee jerk Dame reactions while we’re at it!
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat