ImageImageImage

2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,333

Re: 2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat 

Post#461 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:18 am

Bishop45 wrote:Wonder if Bam is hurt somehow, no explanation as to why he stop shooting the mid. I never bought the idea that he was just going to start shooting three's, but him turning into Ben Simmons wasn't on my Bingo card

I hope Bam, Jaime, and Terry find their basketball souls; not a good omen for the playoffs, though we've seen stranger things

Think he’s gassed and needs time off, he’s been asked to do too much on both ends and cover up way too many holes in the roster construction, this happens yearly unfortunately. He hasn’t been the same since he came back
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,551

Post#462 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:19 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:MWP Heat are not gonna make another major trade till this summer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You may be right and it’s savagely dissapointing.

Thats not right, we will move Heaven and Earth to lower that tax bill.
This year is the Heat last chance for this core. If it fails they will start remodeling the team.

marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,939

Post#463 » by marson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:21 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Wonder if Bam is hurt somehow, no explanation as to why he stop shooting the mid. I never bought the idea that he was just going to start shooting three's, but him turning into Ben Simmons wasn't on my Bingo card

I hope Bam, Jaime, and Terry find their basketball souls; not a good omen for the playoffs, though we've seen stranger things

Think he’s gassed and needs time off, he’s been asked to do too much on both ends and cover up way too many holes in the roster construction, this happens yearly unfortunately. He hasn’t been the same since he came back

Having Herro and Rozier backcourt then everyone just blows by them and Bam has to cover their as*** mistakes

So yeah, I do understand Bam's perspective.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#464 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:21 am

It’s actually funny though, some of the Herro Stans are having a field day because Bam had a rough shooting night (despite everything else he was doing and were crickets when he took over the 4th last game) but as bad as Bam was shooting wise tonight he still didn’t pull the Tyler Herro more shot attempts than points special :lol:

Last game made 11 games this season for Herro, he’s played 30. That means over 1/3 of the games Herro has had this season he has taken more shots than points scored, that is disgusting lol especially when you factor in he doesn’t impact the game anywhere else.

Please trade him by Thursday and upgrade the team.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#465 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:23 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Having Herro and Rozier backcourt then everyone just blows by them and Bam has to cover their as*** mistakes

So yeah, I do understand Bam's perspective.

It was the same with Lowry too unfortunately, he doesn’t try defensively and as much as I hate to say it Jimmy is coasting on that end as well. Then factor in MWP biggest complaint of 6’4 players next to him at the 4 and it just adds more lol. Roster construction is terrible
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,900

Post#466 » by Bishop45 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:24 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Can't attempt mid-range shots because he's gassed?

I think if it is voluntary either he or somebody thinks it's a good idea not to shoot

And If it's involuntary he's having trouble lifting the shoulder
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MartianTimeSlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,946

Post#467 » by MartianTimeSlip » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:28 am

I'm ready for a reset on this team. I don't see it for us this year.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#468 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:30 am

Bishop45 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I think if it is voluntary either he or somebody thinks it's a good idea not to shoot

He will get some well deserved time off coming up shortly here in the Allstar weekend.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#469 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:32 am

Bishop45 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Thought you just meant overall play, he does attempt the mid range still he’s just lost confidence and I think he’s in his own head now. I’m sure he’s seen the numbers of his recent struggles on Twitter
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,891

Post#470 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:33 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

This reminds me of the year Bam had to deal with Ariza and Harkless at the 4 and he looked gassed as hell against the Bucks and we got swept
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,551

Post#471 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:34 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Thought you just meant overall play, he does attempt the mid range still he’s just lost confidence and I think he’s in his own head now. I’m sure he’s seen the numbers of his recent struggles on Twitter
Bam is missing layups and midrangers lately. And he reverting to be more of a rim runner and screener.

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#472 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:35 am

I just don’t see Micky paying close to 14 million in tax for this team and then you want him to sign players that will cost him double in tax in the buyout market.
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#473 » by marson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

This reminds me of the year Bam had to deal with Ariza and Harkless at the 4 and he looked gassed as hell against the Bucks and we got swept

100% I think we need to go back to Bam / Love front court in the play-ins/playoffs eventually if no trades will happen.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,516

Post#474 » by Beenie » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:38 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Beenie wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Duncan is our only tradeable contract to bring something decent back. Spo should have been seeing what we have in Swider. If you don’t trade Duncan for a PF enjoy this team in the playin or lottery

Swider won’t be sniffing the court during the playoffs

He’s irrelevant

If u trade Duncan, better get playable shooting back in return

Yeah we can probably get one in the buyout market or if you trade Duncan for Bogi or KO well that’s your shooter but the difference is it’s coming from a position of need

Admittedly, I haven’t looked at KO’s numbers but merely going off of his previous stint with MIA, he’s even more likely to have long shooting slumps than Duncan is.

And based on the bubble year, Spo might not even play him in the playoffs unless he’s desperate to mix things up.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,261

Post#475 » by MorbidHEAT » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:39 am

Gotta be completely honest. I’ve been riding with the Heat since the mid 90’s and this is one of my all time least favorite versions of the Heat.
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#476 » by marson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:41 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:Gotta be completely honest. I’ve been riding with the Heat since the mid 90’s and this is one of my all time least favorite versions of the Heat.

Last year was as bad as this year I agree. We got all of our shooters building bricks and that includes Dipo :lol: Last in the league in 3pt%

At least we have the Jaime revelation this year.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#477 » by Bourne85 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:42 am

It’s been 50 games now. .500 club. Play in once again. Hopefully, once we get sent home 1st-2nd round we can stop pretending that we will just turn it on. Realize that our best course of action is to blow this team up and start a 3-4 year rebuild. Guys like Jimmy and Bam can bring back a ton of value. Tyler and Scary can get us a couple things here an there. You have to know when you are beat. Can’t keep hoping for lil playoff miracles man
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#478 » by marson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:44 am

Bourne85 wrote:It’s been 50 games now. .500 club. Play in once again. Hopefully, once we get sent home 1st-2nd round we can stop pretending that we will just turn it on. Realize that our best course of action is to blow this team up and start a 3-4 year rebuild. Guys like Jimmy and Bam can bring back a ton of value. Tyler and Scary can get us a couple things here an there. You have to know when you are beat. Can’t keep hoping for lil playoff miracles man

Honest question, who are you keeping in this team?
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#479 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:46 am

Beenie wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Swider won’t be sniffing the court during the playoffs

He’s irrelevant

If u trade Duncan, better get playable shooting back in return

Yeah we can probably get one in the buyout market or if you trade Duncan for Bogi or KO well that’s your shooter but the difference is it’s coming from a position of need

Admittedly, I haven’t looked at KO’s numbers but merely going off of his previous stint with MIA, he’s even more likely to have long shooting slumps than Duncan is.

And based on the bubble year, Spo might not even play him in the playoffs unless he’s desperate to mix things up.

But he adds size and top of the key creativity and a starting option with Bam. That’s ok we can keep rolling with a depth chart of Herro, Duncan, and J Rich all occupying the two while we mismanage the rest of the roster. Paying 50 million for two SG’s and having either come of the bench is criminal with the holes we have on this team then you compound J Rich’s recent good play at the 2 and force him back to bumbling backup PG. Assbackwards roster construction.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#480 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:46 am

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Bam is missing layups and midrangers lately. And he reverting to be more of a rim runner and screener.

Before tonight he was like 13/13 from the restricted area over the last 3 games or so so he’s having success there. The mid range is killing his efficiency right now, he needs to find it again. I thought tonight was about to be a massive game when he had 6-6 3 minutes in
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat