ImageImageImage

2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,333

Re: 2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat 

Post#501 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:35 am

HeatFan_NC wrote:The fact that Herro didn't play tonight might signal that a trade could be on the horizon.

The only way this roster will get anywhere is if we trade for a legit starting PF that can shoot, rebound, and defend.

We can only hope
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,551

Post#502 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:39 am

Anyways I am not disappointed in losing to the Clips. They might be the best team in the NBA right now. They are tied with the Knicks as with the best record since Jan 1st. The Clippers only achillis heal is depth and Westbrook.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Post#503 » by SerialChiller » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:44 am

twix2500 wrote:Anyways I am not disappointed in losing to the Clips. They might be the best team in the NBA right now. They are tied with the Knicks as with the best record since Jan 1st. The Clippers only achillis heal is depth and Westbrook.

True, I was frankly impressed that we made it a game most of the way and didn't get blown the fk out lol
twix2500
RealGM

Post#504 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:49 am

SerialChiller wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Anyways I am not disappointed in losing to the Clips. They might be the best team in the NBA right now. They are tied with the Knicks as with the best record since Jan 1st. The Clippers only achillis heal is depth and Westbrook.

True, I was frankly impressed that we made it a game most of the way and didn't get blown the fk out lol

Even thou he still trying to figure things out, you see better team defensive play in Rozier. That dam 3 pt foul on Harden was BS. I can see if Rozier moved into Harden landing space, but Rozier didnt proceed any closer to Harden when Harden leaped. Rozier didnt even leap on his shot.

Only one player had poor defensive rating tonight and that was Richardson. Mainly from just not defending Powell.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Post#505 » by SerialChiller » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:13 am

twix2500 wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

Even thou he still trying to figure things out, you see better team defensive play in Rozier. That dam 3 pt foul on Harden was BS. I can see if Rozier moved into Harden landing space, but Rozier didnt proceed any closer to Harden when Harden leaped. Rozier didnt even leap on his shot.

Only one player had poor defensive rating tonight and that was Richardson. Mainly from just not defending Powell.

Yeah watching him defensively was encouraging. I think hes already better than Herro on that end. Together it's pretty rough though, but I think we can be a strong defensive team with Rozier at point with a better defensive backcourt pairing.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#506 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:18 am

SerialChiller wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

Yeah watching him defensively was encouraging. I think hes already better than Herro on that end. Together it's pretty rough though, but I think we can be a strong defensive team with Rozier at point with a better defensive backcourt pairing.

In Rex defense, it is silly that Spo will not use Swider or Jovic as spacers when the Heat have Duncan AND Herro out. This was a game to play Swider. He is on the active roster, no reason not to use him. Unless he is just that bad of a defender.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#507 » by dubasilva » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:17 am

The Clips have a good team. I actually think they have a shot to win it all.

The Heat continues to show we don't have enough. We don't have a team to win a title.

I'm all in favor of moving many of the places and starting again.

The problem is that Pat is in his 80s, and he won't be a part of a complete rebuild. Pat doesn't tank. Either Pat retires, or we'll continue to try to rebuild around this core. We'll compete, but we can't win a title without stars.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#508 » by Pokuokic » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:26 am

It's games like these that show Bam is and always will be a role player same old story unless it's a easy dunk or something simple on offense the guy can't do anything. He's a great role player who gives great effort but he's just not a #2 and barely a #3 (maybe) on offense. JRich been tbe best heat player past 3 games.

He's not hurt the guy is literally teabagging people on alley hoops he just lacks natural talent on offense better positional defending worse shot blocking and shooting Ibaka.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#509 » by Pokuokic » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:34 am

IceColdCubano wrote:Looking at the box score it does show Tyler Herro played today, 15 points on 15 shots, oh wait no that Terry Rozier on next to that stat line.

Terry is legit giving Jovic starting level production while being way less efficient in every way possible and being a ball stopper and playing double the minutes, Scary Fairy ain't scaring no one thus far he needs to be better.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#510 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:27 pm

Westbrook is having a very solid season and his leadership in stepping up and asking to come off the bench because he realized he was a better fit there is what completely turned the team around. He’s not hurting them.

If only we had a player in our starting lineup that realized it was better for the team AND himself if he came off the bench….
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#511 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:28 pm

twix2500 wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

The entire start of the 4th was BS, had us in the bonus 3 minutes in.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#512 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:30 pm

Please get “BULK” out of here so this Nuggets fans will follow him
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,427

Post#513 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:06 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
marson wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:It’s been 50 games now. .500 club. Play in once again. Hopefully, once we get sent home 1st-2nd round we can stop pretending that we will just turn it on. Realize that our best course of action is to blow this team up and start a 3-4 year rebuild. Guys like Jimmy and Bam can bring back a ton of value. Tyler and Scary can get us a couple things here an there. You have to know when you are beat. Can’t keep hoping for lil playoff miracles man

Honest question, who are you keeping in this team?

Not one person. Just get back picks and young players. Warriors are desperate, Jimmy can land us Kuminga and a couple first. Bam would be HIGHLY sought after and would land us better package than Jazz got for Gobert. Send Tyler Scary Duncan Caleb etc etc every last one of them packing and for ONCE do a real rebuild. OKC did it, now look at them. They got their Superstar, probably 2 with Chet and stil have 50 picks and cap space to keep going. This lil under dog story was nice, and I did enjoy it. But when it’s time, it’s time.

This season was lost in the offseason. There’s no recovering from it. It’s time to start over

Not a crazy idea at all, the only player we have that would command building your team around is Jimmy and because of his age this is not possible anymore. Rest of our players, you dont build your franchise around any of them.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,427

Post#514 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:37 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

The entire start of the 4th was BS, had us in the bonus 3 minutes in.

we can thank Bumsmith for that, guy is as dumb as Duncan on the court.

Return to Miami Heat