ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,399

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#81 » by Wiltside » Fri Jul 7, 2023 4:54 am

marson wrote:Just finished FF16 and I would say a contender for GOTY.

9.5/10

Wish I had a PS5 for that one. Looks awesome.

I’m (slowly) playing Tears of the Kingdom atm.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,937

Post#82 » by marson » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:07 am

Wiltside wrote:

9.5/10

Would love to get a switch OLED someday Wilt. I may start with Breath of the Wild first. Haven't tried out the game in all these years :o
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,903

Post#83 » by Tony15 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:40 pm

[url][/url]

So what do y'all think? She simply a corporate puppet or have you seen enough to believe she has deep seeded hatred towards black men or men in general? The woman's fine as hell, no doubt about that but definitely one I think athletes should be weary of. Apparently her sister ain't much better either.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#84 » by Heat3 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:50 pm

Tony15 wrote:[url][/url]

So what do y'all think? She simply a corporate puppet or have you seen enough to believe she has deep seeded hatred towards black men or men in general? The woman's fine as hell, no doubt about that but definitely one I think athletes should be weary of. Apparently her sister ain't much better either.

Only got halfway through that video. Creator trying hard to make something out of nothing up to that point. Seems some people have an issue with her because she comes at things like a real journalist and not the usual ass kissers that make up nba media. As for why she still employed, that’s simple. Her contract probably wasn’t that big compared to the others that got let go. That’s how it is everywhere. Experienced people are higher payed. They are the first to go.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#85 » by Heat3 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:00 pm

Anyone else getting phishing ads in realgm? Constantly getting one of those fake “dear google customer you were selected for this prize” ads that keep redirecting me off of realgm. Just happening on iPhone.

The ads on this site sometimes make it unusable and it’s been that way for years. :nonono:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,885

Post#86 » by unowen85 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:37 pm

Heat3 wrote:Anyone else getting phishing ads in realgm? Constantly getting one of those fake “dear google customer you were selected for this prize” ads that keep redirecting me off of realgm. Just happening on iPhone.

The ads on this site sometimes make it unusable and it’s been that way for years. :nonono:

I was getting them, too.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#87 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:18 am

marson wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

9.5/10

Would love to get a switch OLED someday Wilt. I may start with Breath of the Wild first. Haven't tried out the game in all these years :o

I dont get the BOTW hype. I bought it for my son to play but it was a bit much for him. I gave it a concerted effort but after about ten hours, I got bored as hell switching out broken weapons and wandering around looking for something truly fun to captivate me.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:24 am

Wiltside wrote:

9.5/10

I get to game about 3 hours a week on average. Thats typically one to two sessions a week. Having said that, Ive been playing God of War Ragnarok for a couple months. I wouldve beaten that game in a few days in my youth lol.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,054

Post#89 » by contract » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:06 pm

Steph Curry out there draining shots in cleats and winning championships and no one bothered to notice? :king:

Lebron never did that. :wavefinger:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#90 » by Bishop45 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:34 pm

Weird place in history

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#91 » by Wiltside » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:53 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

9.5/10

I get to game about 3 hours a week on average. Thats typically one to two sessions a week. Having said that, Ive been playing God of War Ragnarok for a couple months. I wouldve beaten that game in a few days in my youth lol.

I feel you DoM, that's about what I get on average too. Problem is because my kids haven't been sleeping well, I get too tired later at night and end up going "i'll game tomorrow" and the cycle repeats itself.

Need to make in roads on TOTK, and I've also just bought Hollow Knight and want to play through that.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:30 am

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

I feel you DoM, that's about what I get on average too. Problem is because my kids haven't been sleeping well, I get too tired later at night and end up going "i'll game tomorrow" and the cycle repeats itself.

Need to make in roads on TOTK, and I've also just bought Hollow Knight and want to play through that.

Hollow Knight was interesting. I never did finish it. Got to the final boss and another game dropped that I wanted to play more and that was that.

After I finally finish GOW, Im going to play Diablo 4. That'll get me thru till next year honestly.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,230

Post#93 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Hollow Knight was interesting. I never did finish it. Got to the final boss and another game dropped that I wanted to play more and that was that.

After I finally finish GOW, Im going to play Diablo 4. That'll get me thru till next year honestly.

I think we are all behind on games. I still haven't had a chance to play the first Zelda switch game. I didnt get to finish Hollow Knights either but I think it is an amazing game. It is the closet thing to a modern day Symphony of the Knights or the Snes Metroid.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#94 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:05 pm

So I purchased Diablo 4 a couple of weeks ago, been playing for years Diablo 2, 3, and now 4. Purchased it in the early release a week ahead of launch so I was able to get a full week before the players all jumped into the game. Now being an adult with a wife and daughter and a house to take care off I cannot afford to sit and play for 4-8 hours in one sitting unless of course the wife is out on a weekend and have zero chores to tidy up. Or stay up super late on a Saturday night into the mornings. So for me I guess now I am in the casual 1 hour who plays the game two or three times during a week day. Miss being young, and having no responsibilities. So watching these young kids who max out their characters within a week from launch I am a month into the game and just half way in progression is funny. They are like if you grind this specific dungeon for like 6-8 hours you can get this legit weapon. I am sitting there like yeah that's like two weeks worth of playing time, to just grinding for me and if I am really busy might be a months worth of gaming. I just thought Id share my fustration.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:36 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

I think we are all behind on games. I still haven't had a chance to play the first Zelda switch game. I didnt get to finish Hollow Knights either but I think it is an amazing game. It is the closet thing to a modern day Symphony of the Knights or the Snes Metroid.

Im curious as to what folks find interesting in the newest Zelda games. I cant find anything that passes as enjoyable. I tried. It got rave reviews. When I play it.....well its boring AF.

I remember beating SOTN and thinking what a great game it was. Then the castle flipped upside down and you got to play the entire game over again! That was a shock.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:54 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:So I purchased Diablo 4 a couple of weeks ago, been playing for years Diablo 2, 3, and now 4. Purchased it in the early release a week ahead of launch so I was able to get a full week before the players all jumped into the game. Now being an adult with a wife and daughter and a house to take care off I cannot afford to sit and play for 4-8 hours in one sitting unless of course the wife is out on a weekend and have zero chores to tidy up. Or stay up super late on a Saturday night into the mornings. So for me I guess now I am in the casual 1 hour who plays the game two or three times during a week day. Miss being young, and having no responsibilities. So watching these young kids who max out their characters within a week from launch I am a month into the game and just half way in progression is funny. They are like if you grind this specific dungeon for like 6-8 hours you can get this legit weapon. I am sitting there like yeah that's like two weeks worth of playing time, to just grinding for me and if I am really busy might be a months worth of gaming. I just thought Id share my fustration.

Grinding, lol.

Im with you. A few hours a week, split between multiple days.

Its all good though. A complete lack of responsibility would be nice though.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#97 » by Wiltside » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:56 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Im curious as to what folks find interesting in the newest Zelda games. I cant find anything that passes as enjoyable. I tried. It got rave reviews. When I play it.....well its boring AF.

I remember beating SOTN and thinking what a great game it was. Then the castle flipped upside down and you got to play the entire game over again! That was a shock.

Different strokes I guess. I loved BOTW, but I’ve always been a Zelda fan. My first Zelda game was The Adventure of Link on NES. I was a kid then and didn’t understand it or its brutal combat, but loved the setting and music. Finally beat it as an adult. Ocarina of Time obviously one of the all time greats too.

I really enjoy BOTW and TOTK. It makes me feel like that kid again, booting up AoL or OOT and reliving that same sense of excitement and wonder.
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#98 » by ShulaDon92 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:03 am

Listened to a bunch of hip hop yesterday and as much as the guy has annoyed me I'm ready to anoint Kanye West as the goat of rap.

Top 5:
Kanye
Dr. Dre
2pac
Jay-z
Run DMC

-SHULA
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#99 » by ShulaDon92 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 am

Tony15 wrote:[url][/url]

Im sure she hates men just like most single women her age lol

-SHULA
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 am

Wiltside wrote:Different strokes I guess. I loved BOTW, but I’ve always been a Zelda fan. My first Zelda game was The Adventure of Link on NES. I was a kid then and didn’t understand it or its brutal combat, but loved the setting and music. Finally beat it as an adult. Ocarina of Time obviously one of the all time greats too.

I really enjoy BOTW and TOTK. It makes me feel like that kid again, booting up AoL or OOT and reliving that same sense of excitement and wonder.

I remember TAOL. It took us a while to figure that one out as kids. When we finally beat it, we felt like kings. The one I loved was the one that came out with the SNES.

Another one I tried that got a lot of acclaim was Nier Automata. GOTY contender. Man, that was sooo boring. Wow.

To give you an idea of what I do enjoy the last several games Ive played are:

GOW Ragnarok
Wo Long
Ghost of Tsushima
Nioh 2
Elden Ring

Return to Miami Heat