ImageImageImage

Heat @ Grizz - 11/8 @ 8 pm - HEATVols compromised

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,339

Re: Heat @ Grizz - 11/8 @ 8 pm - HEATVols compromised 

Post#181 » by Wiltside » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:55 am

Jaime Butler saved the day.

Hell of a 4th for Edrice, and looks like Lowry came to play. We gonna need Kyle to stay aggressive if Herro is going to miss time.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,223

Post#182 » by AirP. » Thu Nov 9, 2023 5:23 am

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM

Post#183 » by AirP. » Thu Nov 9, 2023 5:24 am

Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#184 » by Wiltside » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:09 am

Just watched the Bam highlights. Love how auto he’s getting in the midrange. No hesitation either.

If teams are gonna sag off him that much, he’s going to kill them.

Shattered for Herro though. He was really playing with a ton of confidence, this will take him some time to get back up to speed. We need to try stay afloat without him.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#185 » by Wiltside » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:11 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jaquez has great hands and moves his feet defensively better than you expect. He’s lethal in the open court too, surprisingly quick and athletic.

Think he’s going to be a good one.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,968

Post#186 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 10:34 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

How’s Whitmore looking in Houston? Anybody know? I remember a lot of ruing over some preseason games
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#187 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:43 pm

Wiltside wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jaquez has great hands and moves his feet defensively better than you expect. He’s lethal in the open court too, surprisingly quick and athletic.

Think he’s going to be a good one.

You know who he reminds me off watching his style of play, a young Shane Battier.

Shane Battier was deceptively athletic, hard nose smart defender with great hands and footwork to beat their man to spots. Had that patented corner three ball down packed, had a good to great back to the basket game he would post up smaller dudes and showed great footwork. He was an ultimate 3&D player in his prime, and responsible for Houston's & Memphis's success. If JJJ turns into Shane Battier, man we got something good, you have Bam and JJJ next to each other that's a really good pair.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#188 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:50 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel sorry for him, he was starting to get into a groove and prove his doubters wrong. If there is one thing he will have to continue to fight off by the end of this season is his inability to stay healthy. Unfortunately we can't continue to say his injuries could have happened to anybody but at some point when are we going to have to say his body is just not able to take the type of stress required for a long season. He is starting to give me vibes of Gordon Hayward, all this talent and just cannot stay healthy for the life of him. Hopefully this is just a Steph Curry early career with ankle issues and then it got sorted. Look at guys like Oladipo, all this talent and cannot for the life of him stay healthy his bones just don't take to stress over extended periods of time.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#189 » by dolphinatik » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:58 pm

JJJ Stud. I would like to give credit to Spo however this feels more like a Riley mandate that he gets minutes to floss on Cronin.
Tyler cant catch a break (pun intended) both injuries tough and at a bad time, this year was starting out huge for him and his place in the league.

Enough excuses for Jrich, He been in the league how long? Does he not improve on anything? This was a homer signing and its not looking good. Time to play RJ Hampton orJovic or anyone at his minutes. He should be good at something by now, he needs to find it.

I dont care if Jimmy doesnt score again for 5 games as long as he keeps shooting 3s im happy. That was awesome to see. We saw glimpses form Jimmy and bursts of speed. He is toying with the league.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 435

Post#190 » by NightWatch » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:17 pm

Wiltside wrote:Jaime Butler saved the day.

Hell of a 4th for Edrice, and looks like Lowry came to play. We gonna need Kyle to stay aggressive if Herro is going to miss time.

I doubt Kyle can continue to play this way because it's going to take the ball out of Herro hands. I have always thought Kyle was fine in many games for the reason that SPO wants him to do less as not to distrub youngsters development, Herro, that is and let the youngsters do their things but when playoff comes around, that's when Spo will wants him to be aggressive. At the momment, miami needs him to be fresh for the playoff.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 12,000

Post#191 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:29 pm

Hope for a speedy recovery for Tyler. Others will need to step up and showcase what they’re capable of offensively
AirP.
RealGM

Post#192 » by AirP. » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:33 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

How’s Whitmore looking in Houston? Anybody know? I remember a lot of ruing over some preseason games

He got sent down to the dleague for playing time, too many wings, not enough minutes. Houston needs to draft a PG at some point.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,147

Post#193 » by Bourne85 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:36 pm

Herro out extended time is going to be costly. 8 of the next 10 on the road. This is make or break time here. We need Jimmy to step it up. When is Caleb back? Sucks for Herro man he was playing great.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#194 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:45 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Herro out extended time is going to be costly. 8 of the next 10 on the road. This is make or break time here. We need Jimmy to step it up. When is Caleb back? Sucks for Herro man he was playing great.

It could hurt us or help us, similar to the playoffs having 1 out of your 3 main pieces out for extended periods means others will need to step up. We are kind of loaded on the Wings, its a perfect time to put some pieces in play at the guard and let them grow in the next 10 games.

This means extended time for JJJ, Caleb is also about a week out from coming back. Jamal Cain will probable get some burn as well. Could also mean minutes for Cole Swider to come in off the bench Or Jovic can cover those JJJ minutes at Powerforward, I mean theres lots of interesting things to happen here on lineups. I am interested in seeing what Spo does for starter. Also we have some back to backs upcoming meaning Jimmy will be resting on those. Expect some rough patches in the horizon.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,741

Post#195 » by DayofMourning » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:47 pm

Tylers description of his injury does not sound good.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#196 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:53 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Tylers description of his injury does not sound good.

Yeah, him saying he heard bone crunching....that sounds like bolts and rods with surgery and infusion therapy, months and then rehab, hope I am wrong.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,741

Post#197 » by DayofMourning » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:02 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Tylers description of his injury does not sound good.

Yeah, him saying he heard bone crunching....that sounds like bolts and rods with surgery and infusion therapy, months and then rehab, hope I am wrong.

We need to play it safe with him. Its a blow, especially after how determined he has been early on.

Looking forward to seeing who steps up in his absence. Maybe RJ gets some PT. Thatd be interesting.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 931

Post#198 » by Pokuokic » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:04 pm

[quote="Kobewade11"
How’s Whitmore looking in Houston? Anybody know? I remember a lot of ruing over some preseason games[/quote]
He's not playing and the Rockets atm are one of the most improved teams in the NBA decimating playoff teams from last season and he's like 3-4 years younger.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 435

Post#199 » by NightWatch » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:47 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Herro out extended time is going to be costly. 8 of the next 10 on the road. This is make or break time here. We need Jimmy to step it up. When is Caleb back? Sucks for Herro man he was playing great.

I always thought herro was playing ok.maybe his playing style is not what I prefer. I still think he should comes off the bench as a 6th man but we will just have to agree to disagree.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#200 » by DBurks2818 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:59 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:You know who he reminds me off watching his style of play, a young Shane Battier.

Shane Battier was deceptively athletic, hard nose smart defender with great hands and footwork to beat their man to spots. Had that patented corner three ball down packed, had a good to great back to the basket game he would post up smaller dudes and showed great footwork. He was an ultimate 3&D player in his prime, and responsible for Houston's & Memphis's success. If JJJ turns into Shane Battier, man we got something good, you have Bam and JJJ next to each other that's a really good pair.

Great comp.

Return to Miami Heat