ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,815

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#941 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:47 pm

Guys, lets not do the thing where we make commentary on every other team about us-- ruining the playoffs with this self-centeredness. Enjoy the playoffs for what it is!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#942 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:51 pm

Can't believe I missed the end of the Sixers game because some bonehead Magics fan wanted me to watch that snorefest

Embiid has confirmed what I believed about him for awhile, he's not the lead guy for a Championship team, but he can be a good number two. Maxey's not ready to be the full-time number 1 yet, but he's a staple for sure!

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#943 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:53 pm

Pacer's? get those frauds out of here! I hope Silver pro-longs that series for as long as he can and maybe Dame/Giannis will have a chance to save East Playoff basketball from further debauchery

Rest in Power Chadwick

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#944 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 2:12 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Can't believe I missed the end of the Sixers game because some bonehead Magics fan wanted me to watch that snorefest

Embiid has confirmed what I believed about him for awhile, he's not the lead guy for a Championship team, but he can be a good number two. Maxey's not ready to be the full-time number 1 yet, but he's a staple for sure!

Embiid has a serious health issue, he is a very large human, that is very skilled, and moves around with a lot of force, his body is not built to handle that stress unfortunately. I feel like they need to give him the Jimmy Treatment in Philly, specially now that Maxey is coming into his own, he will never arrive healthy to the playoffs if he is gunning for an MVP trophy in the regular season every year.

Not giving him a pass, be he is obviously playing at half speed, and reacting slowly to everything due to his body.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,045

Post#945 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 2:17 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Can't believe I missed the end of the Sixers game because some bonehead Magics fan wanted me to watch that snorefest

Embiid has a serious health issue, he is a very large human, that is very skilled, and moves around with a lot of force, his body is not built to handle that stress unfortunately. I feel like they need to give him the Jimmy Treatment in Philly, specially now that Maxey is coming into his own, he will never arrive healthy to the playoffs if he is gunning for an MVP trophy in the regular season every year.

Not giving him a pass, be he is obviously playing at half speed, and reacting slowly to everything due to his body.

I no BS believe Embiid needs to retire in 2-3 seasons before he’s unable to walk later on in life. Obviously he probably won’t but he has some serious health issues and his knees have taken a massive beating over the years, really his lower body in general
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#946 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:03 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

Not sure I believe in a healthy Embiid to lead a team to a chip either. Like for Kawhi, I could say, 'if he was healthy..." but not for Biid. At least not for me

Rest in Power Chadwick

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#947 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 3:11 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Not sure I believe in a healthy Embiid to lead a team to a chip either. Like for Kawhi, I could say, 'if he was healthy..." but not for Biid. At least not for me

That's because I don't believe weve seen a healthy Embiid I don't think that exist in our universe. Every playoffs he is active hes coming of a surgery, or rehab, or wearing a bulky brace cause he aggravated the knee, or he has a broken face. The game is also very perimeter oriented, Wings are at the top of the hierarchy in the new age NBA for Championships. There have been way more wing driven championships since the 2000 and above than before where Centers were the all time best defacto player to have.

The - Kawhi, Lebron, Curry, Wade, Kobe, were primarily responsible for most of the chips. The exemptions of course are the Shaq's, Tim Duncan's, Jokic's during that span who are the exemption being all time best.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,510

Post#948 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:10 pm

Nuggets vs Timberwolves is a title contending quality series

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,721

Post#949 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 pm

twix2500 wrote:Nuggets vs Timberwolves is a title contending quality series

Im 100% on the Antman bandwagon. Dude is pure entertainment.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#950 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:21 pm

Nuggets v. Wolves series likely determines who wins the chip this year

Jokic/Murray seem unstoppable rn, but Nuggets bench seem like a weak point from what I've seen in the previous series. Not sure they couped the lost of Bruce Brown yet. Wolves defensive weapons might be an issue too

Will be a tough one

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,510

Post#951 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:29 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Nuggets v. Wolves series likely determines who wins the chip this year

Jokic/Murray seem unstoppable rn, but Nuggets bench seem like a weak point from what I've seen in the previous series. Not sure they couped the lost of Bruce Brown yet. Wolves defensive weapons might be an issue too

Will be a tough one
I think the biggest factor is Murray injury concerns. He will be facing a high-level defense in the Timberwolves

TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#952 » by TroubleS0me » Wed May 1, 2024 9:56 pm

Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#953 » by Vertical Limit » Thu May 2, 2024 2:38 am

DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Nuggets vs Timberwolves is a title contending quality series

Im 100% on the Antman bandwagon. Dude is pure entertainment.

Love watching edwards and jokic play.. feels like this is gonna be the beginning of a denver/minnesota rivalry that will last for th next 5+ seasons.. which is weird to say for the western conference.. its always been something involving the lakers, a texas team (dallas, san antonio, houston), jazz and suns the last 30 years lol.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#954 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 2, 2024 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,823

Post#955 » by powerball1373 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:51 am

Bye bye bucks. Heat lose, Dame lose, Cronin wins again.

And the fact he sent Jrue to Boston just to f both Dame and the Heat a little more.

This fkr is truly diabolical.

Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,299

Post#956 » by Dmcdani6 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:58 am

Bishop45 wrote:Guys, lets not do the thing where we make commentary on every other team about us-- ruining the playoffs with this self-centeredness. Enjoy the playoffs for what it is!

Damn Bish preach. Oh another note, how do you plan ‘ on firing a coach’? Either you do or you dont right? Weird shi*
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,874

Post#957 » by marson » Fri May 3, 2024 1:01 am

powerball1373 wrote:Bye bye bucks. Heat lose, Dame lose, Cronin wins again.

And the fact he sent Jrue to Boston just to f both Dame and the Heat a little more.

This fkr is truly diabolical.

Literally hitting two birds with one stone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#958 » by marson » Fri May 3, 2024 1:04 am

I don't mind who wins between the Nuggets and Wolves, as long as they both beat the Celtics, whoever comes out on top. I'm also cheering for the Thunder, but I worry they might be too young and struggle in the later rounds.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,823

Post#959 » by powerball1373 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 am

marson wrote:I don't mind who wins between the Nuggets and Wolves, as long as they both beat the Celtics, whoever comes out on top. I'm also cheering for the Thunder, but I worry they might be too young and struggle in the later rounds.

My rooting interest has basically come down to 'anyone but the Celtics', and you bet your ass I'm gonna keep rooting for them to get injured :D

Same process I went through with the Bills after the Dolphins season ended.

Hate-watching can sometimes be almost as enjoyable as your team winning :lol:
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#960 » by marson » Fri May 3, 2024 1:11 am

powerball1373 wrote:
marson wrote:I don't mind who wins between the Nuggets and Wolves, as long as they both beat the Celtics, whoever comes out on top. I'm also cheering for the Thunder, but I worry they might be too young and struggle in the later rounds.

My rooting interest has basically come down to 'anyone but the Celtics', and you bet your ass I'm gonna keep rooting for them to get injured :D

Same process I went through with the Bills after the Dolphins season ended.

Hate-watching can sometimes be almost as enjoyable as your team winning :lol:

You slimy bastard :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Miami Heat