ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,897

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#1201 » by Tony15 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:36 am

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Wolves front court trio impressive what there doing to Denver. They would have annihilated us. Haywood Jagsmith 6’5 220 starting 4 hahahahhahaha.

Could you imagine the Heat making it to the Finals and facing the Wolves and their big men. Wed lose by 40 every game.
Frightening thought....we should really abandon the small ball concept, we aren't talented enough to employ it as the cornerstone of everything we do both ends of the court. We aren't the Heatles anymore & we don't have Steph Curry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,745

Post#1202 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 11:44 am

Tony15 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Wolves front court trio impressive what there doing to Denver. They would have annihilated us. Haywood Jagsmith 6’5 220 starting 4 hahahahhahaha.

Could you imagine the Heat making it to the Finals and facing the Wolves and their big men. Wed lose by 40 every game.
Frightening thought....we should really abandon the small ball concept, we aren't talented enough to employ it as the cornerstone of everything we do both ends of the court. We aren't the Heatles anymore & we don't have Steph Curry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Spo counterattacks having to face a team with bigs- just shoot 50% from 3 every game.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,090

Post#1203 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:24 pm

You’re wildly obsessed with Highsmith, my man
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,096

Post#1204 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 12:24 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fraudulent ass award
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1205 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 12:28 pm

Hallstar wrote:Will always take defensive size at the big man spots. Joker can't do his lil turns in the paint and see the rim clearly. He misses and the defense doesn't have to collapse

We would have 4 people in the paint trying to harass him and then scrambling to close an open 3. And that's like cause of some crazy switch. How many times was Antman guarding Jokic ?

That’s just bad coaching scheme, you should never help the best defender in the world in a 1 on 1 matchup. If they get 50 on Bam tip your cap and move on, stay home on their shooters and you’ll be fine
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1206 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:28 pm

AirP. wrote:Sure would be nice if Miami had all 5 players on the court who could play good tough defense.

Read on Twitter

This is what it’s all about.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1207 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 12:33 pm

Oh god, you knew it was coming……we can’t just enjoy watching Ant play without rewriting history and saying he’s better than Wade all time if he wins a ring. How soon they forget
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1208 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:33 pm

Hallstar wrote:Will always take defensive size at the big man spots. Joker can't do his lil turns in the paint and see the rim clearly. He misses and the defense doesn't have to collapse

We would have 4 people in the paint trying to harass him and then scrambling to close an open 3. And that's like cause of some crazy switch. How many times was Antman guarding Jokic ?

it’s about having 2-way players with size and functionality across the board. Frontcourt is part of it. But far from all of it.

Wolves D looked pretty damn good despite downsizing with Gobert out…
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1209 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 12:41 pm

greg4012 wrote:

it’s about having 2-way players with size and functionality across the board. Frontcourt is part of it. But far from all of it.

Yea they have plenty of high level defender, Conleys been an all defense guy before I believe and is still very good and active with his hands, Edwards is a good defender with good size athleticism and strength for a guard, McDaniels is likely their best defender and should be 1st team this year, KAT has size and rim protection if nothing else and even Kyle Anderson is a good defender. They have the perfect mix.

Actually looking at their top 8-9 they literally don’t have a weak link defensively lol, we have several
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,514

Post#1210 » by twix2500 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:44 pm

McDaniels became the player i was hoping Okpala was gonna become.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,823

Post#1211 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:46 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I've been saying it for a long while now and Wolves are showing it -

Smallball is dead. You need skilled size. Size is key.

It allows you to have a great defense without running yourself into the ground on every possession. It makes the important valuable things easy - scoring inside, rebounding, clogging the paint, being disruptive.

Size + Shooting is the formula.

We need to move Bam to the 4 and supersize the team, everyone moves down a position.

This game is only about skills and match-ups, we've made it to the finals twice against bigger teams on the dynamics of Bam as a prolific center at 6'9 that can do almost anything that a regular center can with more agility and we lost when we fell short in the skills and match-ups column.

If we were healthy and had Anunoby at the four and two way players for Herro and Duncan, we'd be competing with the best in the conference regardless of size
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,591

Post#1212 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 7, 2024 12:46 pm

greg4012 wrote:

I just keep pointing him out because it’s a major part of this team’s problem in being forced to play so small. I feel the same about Martin too. Didn’t mean to upset the Highsmith Hive lol
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1213 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:49 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

I just keep pointing him out because it’s a major part of this team’s problem in being forced to play so small. I feel the same about Martin too. Didn’t mean to upset the Highsmith Hive lol

And now you’re projecting.

Highsmith hive??

Maybe take a breather?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,823

Post#1214 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:49 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Yea they have plenty of high level defender, Conleys been an all defense guy before I believe and is still very good and active with his hands, Edwards is a good defender with good size athleticism and strength for a guard, McDaniels is likely their best defender and should be 1st team this year, KAT has size and rim protection if nothing else and even Kyle Anderson is a good defender. They have the perfect mix.

Actually looking at their top 8-9 they literally don’t have a weak link defensively lol, we have several

These two responses made before my post above, but agreed.

Size can help, but it's a red herring. We need capable defenders and two-way players
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,968

Post#1215 » by Kobewade11 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Young fella is a natural leader
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1216 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:55 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Young fella is a natural leader

Wild that one of the big question marks about him as a draft prospect was his attitude and will to win.

Sometimes things just take on a life of their own despite not being grounded in reality.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,591

Post#1217 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 7, 2024 12:58 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

And now you’re projecting.

Highsmith hive??

Maybe take a breather?

Taking a breather. I can do without Highsmith playing the 4 on this team.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1218 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 1:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The leadership of the next generation is off the charts, natural born leaders. Get these 2 and Ant on the same team!!!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1219 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 7, 2024 1:21 pm

The lights have been too bright for Haliburton in these playoffs. Hes been ass since the in season tournament tbh but it’s still early maybe he’ll turn it around
#FreeBam
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,651

Post#1220 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue May 7, 2024 2:34 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Playing Highsmith in itself is totally justified - he's a very good defender that can hit shots and stays in his lane.

The issue is WHERE we're playing him. In no universe should he be played as a PF, not even for 1 minute. That's not fair to him and it makes the entire team small. He should be a SG/SF backup defender you put on good scorer you want to slow down, and he needs to play with good offensive creators because he can't create his own shot.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat