ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,721

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#921 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 am

Milwaukee aint playing around....shoot.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,825

Post#922 » by Daffy » Wed May 1, 2024 3:38 am

To be honest I'm not even sure if we drafted Maxey if we see this version of him offensively under Spo.

It's also crazy seeing a lot of you guys praise Maxey now while you didn't want Harden. Go look up who Maxey said he credits a lot of his development and learning from.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#923 » by Daffy » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’ve had guys outside of Jimmy take over playoffs games and carry us to wins.

Lucky for Maxey he was able to redeem himself because multiple turnovers don’t the stretch and 3 huge missed free throws almost had a different convo around him tonight. Hell the Riley truthers would be saying precious was the right pick :lol:

The precious pick never made any sense at the time and it still doesn't now. He couldn't play next to Bam and we had holes so why draft a back up with so many holes.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#924 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 3:40 am

Daffy wrote:To be honest I'm not even sure if we drafted Maxey if we see this version of him offensively under Spo.

It's also crazy seeing a lot of you guys praise Maxey now while you didn't want Harden. Go look up who Maxey said he credits a lot of his development and learning from.

Harden can go eat a turd. Hes the one who started all this foul baiting bull. The stuff that made me enjoy the game less....he literally created an era of BS, foul baiting basketball.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Post#925 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:41 am

Daffy wrote:To be honest I'm not even sure if we drafted Maxey if we see this version of him offensively under Spo.

Of course, he won't trash his former teammate. Maxey is not a flopping prima donna player, that's the difference. :D
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#926 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 3:42 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’ve had guys outside of Jimmy take over playoffs games and carry us to wins.

Lucky for Maxey he was able to redeem himself because multiple turnovers don’t the stretch and 3 huge missed free throws almost had a different convo around him tonight. Hell the Riley truthers would be saying precious was the right pick :lol:

The precious pick never made any sense at the time and it still doesn't now. He couldn't play next to Bam and we had holes so why draft a back up with so many holes.

Precious became the epitome of the destruction small ball can wreak on an organization. One of the single worst choices weve ever made. Its right there with my boy Beasley......
Daffy
Analyst

Post#927 » by Daffy » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 am

marson wrote:

Of course, he won't trash his former teammate. Maxey is not a flopping prima donna player, that's the difference. :D

He won't trash him but he also didn't have to answer that question to that level of detail if he wasn't honest about it either. Could have easily said "I enjoyed playing with Harden. He was a great teammate."
Daffy
Analyst

Post#928 » by Daffy » Wed May 1, 2024 3:48 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Daffy wrote:

Precious became the epitome of the destruction small ball can wreak on an organization. One of the single worst choices weve ever made. Its right there with my boy Beasley......

Lol at least with Beasley you could've seen the potential that would trick you into thinking you could mold him into something special.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#929 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 3:53 am

Daffy wrote:Lol at least with Beasley you could've seen the potential that would trick you into thinking you could mold him into something special.

Dude, I was such a fan of B-Easy. Sooo skilled. Was a pleasure to watch on offense. I watched all them K State games. He was a freaking boss.

It was the easiest choice for the Heat to make that draft. Unfortunately, the mental makeup was just a horrible fit.

As a result, we missed out on a few real game changers that wouldve really helped us.

MAJOR freaking L on that one.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#930 » by Vertical Limit » Wed May 1, 2024 3:58 am

Lol there were many people on this board that said they would not trade Herro for Maxey and that Maxey is not on Herros level..
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#931 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 4:03 am

Portis looking good man.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,050

Post#932 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 4:35 am

Daffy wrote:

Guys like who?

Bam multiple times, Herro once. Hell Caleb, I’m sure Dragic
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#933 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 am

Vertical Limit wrote:Lol there were many people on this board that said they would not trade Herro for Maxey and that Maxey is not on Herros level..

Herro is about to show him up tomorrow!!!
#FreeBam
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,897

Post#934 » by Tony15 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:15 am

Vertical Limit wrote:Lol there were many people on this board that said they would not trade Herro for Maxey and that Maxey is not on Herros level..
Don't recall that, but I DO recall listening to LeBatard before the year started and someone said that it's hairsplitting between Maxey/Herro......so much for that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#935 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 11:50 am

Tony15 wrote:
Don't recall that, but I DO recall listening to LeBatard before the year started and someone said that it's hairsplitting between Maxey/Herro......so much for that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

That was a bad take from Dan le batard But he was carrying heavy water jugs for the Heat during this time through the Damien Lillard saga. He did everything he could to oversell Herro being better than he is and that Portland is stupid for not taking him, etc.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#936 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 12:26 pm

Honestly we didn’t trade for Mitchell because we thought Herro was going to be just as good, the reality is that we didn’t draft Maxey for the same reason. They thought we were set at guard and that Herro and Maxey would just overlap.

Drafting Herro has set the franchise back several years :o
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Post#937 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 1:06 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Honestly we didn’t trade for Mitchell because we thought Herro was going to be just as good, the reality is that we didn’t draft Maxey for the same reason. They thought we were set at guard and that Herro and Maxey would just overlap.

Pat the rat just love his Kentucky Alumni. Nepotism exist in this org :nonono:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,641

Post#938 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed May 1, 2024 1:16 pm

Herro is a pretty good player and was a good pick for where we got him.

Problem was we really overpaid him for some reason, despite knowing his limitations by then.

Second problem was we overvalued him, we needed to trade him early for players more fitting to the Heat winning style.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#939 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 1:20 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Honestly we didn’t trade for Mitchell because we thought Herro was going to be just as good, the reality is that we didn’t draft Maxey for the same reason. They thought we were set at guard and that Herro and Maxey would just overlap.

Which makes it even worse that he didn’t take Maxey considering he’s a KY guy!!
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#940 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 1:33 pm

marson wrote:

which is why you take best available player, then sell the lesser one for assets later.

I don't know I think there's a lot of things here, one there was Klutch issue from the agency side that you know we have a disgust for. which I believe is one of the main reasons he passed on Maxey. Second it didn't make much sense in Achuiwa, we already had at the time a similar player in Bam whom they were projecting Achuiwa to be close to in terms of archetype. So theres no reason there to think of redundancy in regards to picking the same player which is why I hang on to the Klutch thing being the main culprit for skipping on Maxey.

In regards to Herro they absolutely overvalued him to the point that they felt they were overpaying for Mitchell, that he wasn't Herro plus multiple picks worth. Looking back now I am sure Pat Riley would kick himself in private thinking about that ball he dropped. I do believe that this organization is at this very moment 100% in agreement at all levels of what Tyler is and what he will never be, which is a step in the right direction, now we can focus on moving him when the opportunity presents itself.

Return to Miami Heat