ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,605

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#1221 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 7, 2024 2:42 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
You’re wildly obsessed with Highsmith, my man

I just keep pointing him out because it’s a major part of this team’s problem in being forced to play so small. I feel the same about Martin too. Didn’t mean to upset the Highsmith Hive lol

Playing Highsmith in itself is totally justified - he's a very good defender that can hit shots and stays in his lane.

The issue is WHERE we're playing him. In no universe should he be played as a PF, not even for 1 minute. That's not fair to him and it makes the entire team small. He should be a SG/SF backup defender you put on good scorer you want to slow down, and he needs to play with good offensive creators because he can't create his own shot.

Absolutely agree with this
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,825

Post#1222 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:57 pm

Lotta folks said you can't win with KAT, that will be put to the test this year

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,814

Post#1223 » by Hallstar » Tue May 7, 2024 3:18 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Will always take defensive size at the big man spots. Joker can't do his lil turns in the paint and see the rim clearly. He misses and the defense doesn't have to collapse

We would have 4 people in the paint trying to harass him and then scrambling to close an open 3. And that's like cause of some crazy switch. How many times was Antman guarding Jokic ?

That’s just bad coaching scheme, you should never help the best defender in the world in a 1 on 1 matchup. If they get 50 on Bam tip your cap and move on, stay home on their shooters and you’ll be fine

Bams not always on the court though. I hate this scrambling for 82 games a year then be surprised players break down. We can go out and get a clint capella type player. So there isn't a catastrophic fall off when he's off court.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#1224 » by Hallstar » Tue May 7, 2024 3:24 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Will always take defensive size at the big man spots. Joker can't do his lil turns in the paint and see the rim clearly. He misses and the defense doesn't have to collapse

We would have 4 people in the paint trying to harass him and then scrambling to close an open 3. And that's like cause of some crazy switch. How many times was Antman guarding Jokic ?

That’s just bad coaching scheme, you should never help the best defender in the world in a 1 on 1 matchup. If they get 50 on Bam tip your cap and move on, stay home on their shooters and you’ll be fine

Bams not always on the court though. I hate this scrambling for 82 games a year then be surprised players break down. We can go out and get a clint capella type player. So there isn't a catastrophic fall off when he's off court.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,420

Post#1225 » by MHeat0279 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:44 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
You’re wildly obsessed with Highsmith, my man

I just keep pointing him out because it’s a major part of this team’s problem in being forced to play so small. I feel the same about Martin too. Didn’t mean to upset the Highsmith Hive lol

Playing Highsmith in itself is totally justified - he's a very good defender that can hit shots and stays in his lane.

The issue is WHERE we're playing him. In no universe should he be played as a PF, not even for 1 minute. That's not fair to him and it makes the entire team small. He should be a SG/SF backup defender you put on good scorer you want to slow down, and he needs to play with good offensive creators because he can't create his own shot.

then we either have a crappy coach or not the proper personnel.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,093

Post#1226 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:51 pm

Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

If we can get a Clint Capela type to backup Bam, sign me the f**k up. The issue there is this:

Clint Capela Salary:
2024 - $20.6M
2025 - $22.265M

I think Miami has a good frontcourt partner for Bam with Jovic. Now we desperately need to find the 3rd big that can rotate and play with either of Bam and Jovic.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,746

Post#1227 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 4:19 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Lotta folks said you can't win with KAT, that will be put to the test this year

Read on Twitter

I think you can win with a lot of players if you surround them with the right guys.

KAT couldnt do anything, then he got Ant and Gobert. Voila. Success.

Ww need some voila done to our roster. As currently assembled, its runem hard until the wheels come off.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#1228 » by Daffy » Tue May 7, 2024 5:10 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Daffy wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Dude, just enjoy the game

He's went from having an inside source about how hard the team has been working to add talent....to a fairly optimistic person......to the most pessimistic poster on the board lately. Smh.

Got to keep spicing things up my man!!! I'll never fear well get there again. We just need to keep grinding hard, moving a couple pieces here and there, stay healthy, play hard trust Spo to come up with something magical and wala were top in the conference in no time. Well wallop these fake azz wolves next year yall watch. We don't need size we got a Bam, and we also don't need scoring we got Jimmy, Herro, Rozier Also nobody plays perimeter defense like Haywood Highsmith and Caleb Martin, we got this all we really need is to stay healthy next year yall watch.

Everything takes time. We are one of the better ran teams in the league for the most part. Still a destination players want to go to. Might take some years but eventually we'll be back as contenders. I doubt we see or have the kind of drought teams like the Hornets, Kings, Magic etc have.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#1229 » by Daffy » Tue May 7, 2024 5:32 pm

As much as I would enjoy seeing the Cavs beat the Celtics I think I need the Celtics to sweep the Cavs. Put that doubt back into Mitchell’s mind.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1230 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 5:49 pm

Saw a tik tok titled, "What happens to the Nuggets when they face a team whose 1st option isnt 40". Yep. Yessir. I know its hard to wrap the whole head around, but retiree aged alphas are a bad joke on the fans of the teams they play for.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1231 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 5:57 pm

Watched another video of Murray getting eaten alive on D. He was begging for the whistle every time down. Must be tough.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#1232 » by IceColdCubano » Tue May 7, 2024 6:47 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Watched another video of Murray getting eaten alive on D. He was begging for the whistle every time down. Must be tough.

Murray is one of those players that really uses his speed and first step to get separation on his shots and access to the rim, he loves coming off the screen to his spots. He isn't the craftiest of players, he is very linear so being injured is going to make him struggle and going up against top tier wing defenders even worse for him right now against T-wolves, any other team and he could have coasted a bit waiting for the next round. He has to be frustrated as hell, feeling like he is jail, and cannot pass go or collect 200.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#1233 » by Hallstar » Tue May 7, 2024 7:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Lotta folks said you can't win with KAT, that will be put to the test this year

Read on Twitter

I think you can win with a lot of players if you surround them with the right guys.

Ww need some voila done to our roster. As currently assembled, its runem hard until the wheels come off.

That voila came with a first pick
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,241

Post#1234 » by GopherIt! » Tue May 7, 2024 8:11 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Read on Twitter

I give Finch and Kat himself a lot of credit tbh.

Finch rebuilt Kat in his own image. He saw that while Kat is arguably the leagues worst defender in drop coverage he’s actually competent in switching and man coverage. They trade for defensive center and Kat moves to PF.

He was also the team’s alpha unti Finch arrived.
Ant became Batman & the offensive center point. Kat accepted becoming Robin. He had to re-define his whole offensive game. Instead of a 25/12/1.5 center w a good post game, he’s now a more perimeter oriented 20/8 PF. He is constantly setting up Rudy for easy bunnies.

Not a lot guys egos could handle that.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1235 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 8:31 pm

Hallstar wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Read on Twitter

That voila came with a first pick

I will take a top 3 pick this coming draft.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,830

Post#1236 » by powerball1373 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:44 pm

Saw this on the feed... Ant-Man more DWade than MJ?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6fWo5dOgRK
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1237 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 7, 2024 11:26 pm

powerball1373 wrote:Saw this on the feed... Ant-Man more DWade than MJ?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6fWo5dOgRK

He def brings the big plays Wade did.

Ant is in a great position with the current talent surrounding him. Hes got guys in their primes to play with.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,099

Post#1238 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 8, 2024 12:10 am

Apparently he’s already better than Wade
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,099

Post#1239 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 8, 2024 12:10 am

Feel bad for Mitchell, 1 man team out there like Bam. They’ll be a perfect match
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,825

Post#1240 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:53 am

Wish Herro would’ve beat Peyton Pritchard’s ass
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat