ImageImageImage

Heat vs NYETS - 16th November @ 7:30PM

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,339

Re: Heat vs NYETS - 16th November @ 7:30PM 

Post#121 » by Wiltside » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:33 am

Finally got my Eric Bana. All it took was Vols being crushed to death by a BBW for me to usurp and take my rightful place.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,738

Post#122 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:38 am

Wiltside wrote:Finally got my Eric Bana. All it took was Vols being crushed to death by a BBW for me to usurp and take my rightful place.

Didnt u get one in the playoffs?
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,320

Post#123 » by SerialChiller » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:39 am

DayofMourning wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
In todays NBA, you turnover the ball and the other team is likely to hit a 3. Major momentum swings.

Bigtime, I think in our 2 previous games we basically averaged 1 TO per quarter and this one only 9 total as well good stuff!

I love it. Nothing says "sloppy" like turnovers.

Oh man sometimes last year reg season it'd seem like we'd be around 20 often and have like 4 in the final 2 minutes sometimes just trying to close games and it drove me crazy, especially on inbound ones grrrrr!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,738

Post#124 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:39 am

Wilts got more wins then BBW have chins.
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#125 » by SerialChiller » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:39 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Finally got my Eric Bana. All it took was Vols being crushed to death by a BBW for me to usurp and take my rightful place.

Didnt u get one in the playoffs?

bish and info led us to most if not all of those wins if I recall correctly they were an elite tandem!
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,299

Post#126 » by Dmcdani6 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:41 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:Duncan is wild ish. I think Orob should get a look. JJJ is foreal legit I think. 10-4-5.

How does Jovic feel sitting watchin a rookie, when hes still not playin much? Gotta sting a little

Yeah I was on record multiple times saying we needed to keep JJJ over Jovic in a Dame trade if it was possible to keep 1, because even back in the preseason he just looked more NBA ready at least to me. Jovic's time will still (hopefully) come but this team is trying to win now and for whatever reason (probably defense/favoring his beloved small ball) Spo just doesn't want to play Jovic. Those extra years of college and being 22 make a big difference for JJJ. I think it's time to send Jovic down to G league to at least let him play instead of just watching every game. Get him the reps and allow him to build confidence.

Thats the most interesting part tho, they dont send him down either?! Like why?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,223

Post#127 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:54 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:Duncan is wild ish. I think Orob should get a look. JJJ is foreal legit I think. 10-4-5.

How does Jovic feel sitting watchin a rookie, when hes still not playin much? Gotta sting a little

Yeah I was on record multiple times saying we needed to keep JJJ over Jovic in a Dame trade if it was possible to keep 1, because even back in the preseason he just looked more NBA ready at least to me. Jovic's time will still (hopefully) come but this team is trying to win now and for whatever reason (probably defense/favoring his beloved small ball) Spo just doesn't want to play Jovic. Those extra years of college and being 22 make a big difference for JJJ. I think it's time to send Jovic down to G league to at least let him play instead of just watching every game. Get him the reps and allow him to build confidence.

He does get to scrimmage against NBA players while in Miami, you send him down to the DLeague to have him work on particular parts of his game.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#128 » by Hoops3355 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 am

I think Jovic got something going on with his leg still or is trying to get back in shape after the injury. He played a lot of ball this summer so it makes zero sense not to give him burn if he's healthy.
Miami / Chicago / London
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#129 » by SerialChiller » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:36 am

AirP. wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

He does get to scrimmage against NBA players while in Miami, you send him down to the DLeague to have him work on particular parts of his game.

Yeah offensively I think he's fine just needs to build confidence and chemistry with the team, but his defensive rotations and such need work at least I think that's what keeps Spo from trusting him. Maybe he's getting that work in practice and doesn't need G league, at least that appears to be how the Heat are handling it.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,042

Post#130 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:53 am

You stick w/ the process. Learn, improve, grow that hunger so when you're number's called you go out there & show your worth. Ain't nobody feeling sorry for Jovic. You prove yourself - prove you deserve consistent minutes.....nothing handed to you. If he pouts & wants out then he was never supposed to be here.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#131 » by DBurks2818 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:32 am

Before tonight’s home game, the Heat had a 6-game winning streak despite having to play nearly twice as many road games as home games to start the season, while the Rockets have a 6-game winning streak but have played nearly 80% of their games at home to start the season.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,088

Post#132 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:19 am

Now off to the road for 5 more, let’s get this win streak to double digits for the first time in I don’t even know how long lol.

Love when Jimmy cares!
#FreeBam
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Post#133 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:16 am

DayofMourning wrote:Wilts got more wins then BBW have chins.

BS! Go back and look, when the girls came back the winning streak started. LONDON BABY!
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#134 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:08 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Now off to the road for 5 more, let’s get this win streak to double digits for the first time in I don’t even know how long lol.

Love when Jimmy cares!

We got two Chicago games, and those guys don't care right now....Should be able to tack on another 2 just there.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#135 » by DBurks2818 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:50 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Now off to the road for 5 more, let’s get this win streak to double digits for the first time in I don’t even know how long lol.

Love when Jimmy cares!

We got two Chicago games, and those guys don't care right now....Should be able to tack on another 2 just there.

I hope so, but the Chicago matchups have been tough ones if they are healthy (even minus Lonzo). And to win back-to-back on anyone else’s court is always difficult.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,022

Post#136 » by contract » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:03 pm

SerialChiller wrote:

This is just wrong. Spo doesn't like to play small because he likes small players. He plays small because he'd rather have skill and athleticism on the court rather than just size. Jovic could provide both. He's not a big stiff. He's not playing because he's either seriously deficient in some area, or deficient and not working hard enough to fix the issue for Spo's liking.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,022

Post#137 » by contract » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:09 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

Love when Jimmy cares!

Chickens ICC. Don't count them before they hatch. :noway:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat