ImageImageImage

Heat vs Celtics 2/11 @2pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,094

Re: Heat vs Celtics 2/11 @2pm 

Post#541 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Bishop45 wrote:We need this 1-8 playoff series

Read on Twitter

Let’s get that 6th seed and run it back in the ECF, feels better sending them home when they think they’re so close to winning it all
#FreeBam
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#542 » by dubasilva » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:19 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Watching Bam air ball hook shots and getting bodied while being defended by Brown/Tatum is why he should never play PF, the bigger stronger SF's with better quickness/reactions will eat him alive 1 on 1 when defending him.

If JJJ is not back to pre-injury form getting out of the play-in will be tough he's the only really difference maker other than Butler and he does it within the flow of the game, sad for Terry (hopefully its nothing serious) but if it means JJJ is back to his early season it's not the worst thing.

Then the FO needs to look at this deeper. If he can't pay C against dominating 7', or can't score against "the bigger stronger SF's with better quickness/reactions" then we have a real dilemma, folks.

You win championships with superstars. We did this with Wade/Shaq and then Wade/Lebron/Bosh.

Can we win with this build? I don't think so.
Can we win it with Bam? I think so, but we need another star-caliber player + Jimmy.
Herro played well in the second half yesterday, but he's not the answer. Someone said here Herro has not gone to the line in February. The dude is a guard. C'mon.

I'd see how we finish the year. It might be time to find a new home for Jimmy and hopefully get something interesting back. Find a new home for Herro and pray to get at least a first-round pick. We might need to draft a Star. Hopefully, we get lucky. Luck is also important.

Continue to develop through the G-League. The Heat is the best development team, but teams will eventually catch up.

We have the structure and the coaching staff to do this.

Go Heat!

Drafting for a star means bottoming out, and with this team unless your trading pretty much your top 5 players, Spo will coach himself into a playing birth or just outside looking in. Which means we will never have the best pick or at least a top 3 pick.

I do agree that selling high and getting assets is the most likely scenario, picks from other teams to add to our war chest is what will be needed to go swinging for a superstar wanting to get out of a team somewhere.

I don't know if your watching but the days of multiple franchises not being competent is starting to be far less in between. The changes to the CBA, and the Apron in the last 10 or so years has created a need for having savvy FO personal, who manage the cap better, as well as put good players around their starts and field much better asset capital for trades, all this is leading to much better build teams. The scouting departments on teams are starting to improve. This is shifting the narrative of stars wanting to stay, just like it was before with sign and trades, you rarely see that anymore. Superstars also don't hit free agency rarely these days unless they have a negative thing attached to them, like Kyrie allowed to go into free agency a year where barely any teams had money and his choices were limited.

If you ask any other FO outside our own they would tell you that we have been successful in the Jimmy build, even though the parts seemingly look like they may not work and or have lots of flaws when prime time hits we manage to outdo our expectations every time.

The end of this build is near for sure, if not guaranteed by this offseason regardless of where it ends. I will temper expectations because Herro will not get traded for spare parts, the FO will not take that loss, that is the equivalent of saying to Jimmy they held onto an asset that did not help for far too long wasting his time. I think he has value, there's a gm out there that thinks a change of scenery for him would do him wonders or being in a different system that does not value defense. The hard conversation will happen with Jimmy, because while I think Miami would love for him to retire a Heater, its going to be awkard in the negotiations because theres no way that you can tell me were going to give him an extension at max or near max money to watch this man play 1/2 a season, and in that half only care about 1/5 of those games.

Bam is the ultimate glue guy, however the way the league is trending you need to pair him with some size and shooting. Whatever you may think of him on the offensive side he more than makes up for it on the defense. He can be your third guy on championship for sure, I don't think you can win with him as your 2nd best that is proven. Also the Jimmy & Bam mix has been hell awkward with them not fitting at all. take up the same space on the floor neither shot the 3ball at all or enough, their will to win, and defense has made the gap shorter though.

This is great detail. Thank you, and I totally agree with you.

We had success if we compared it against many other teams.
I agree that the coaching staff will not tank; However, if we somehow can manage to pick the top 5 or the top 10, we might get lucky.
Bam is the ultimate glue guy (whatever his role is). It might be time for Jimmy.
Herro is a challenging problem though. The FO will not admit it, as you said, and I'm not sure anyone else in the league sees him as valuable as the Heat FO does.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#543 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm

I didn’t realize Jaime finished with 6 after scoring 5 of our first 9, his magic has wore off :cry:
#FreeBam
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,673

Post#544 » by bisme37 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:04 pm

Good game yesterday, Heat pals. I am not a fan of your team but I enjoy your RGM fanbase and the vibe on your board. Hope Terry and JRich are ok.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,340

Post#545 » by Wiltside » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:44 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I didn’t realize Jaime finished with 6 after scoring 5 of our first 9, his magic has wore off :cry:

I still believe 3ammy. My guy is tired and trying to find his way. Needs to work on his conditioning in the offseason and learn to sustain himself for 82.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,589

Post#546 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:18 am

Wiltside wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I didn’t realize Jaime finished with 6 after scoring 5 of our first 9, his magic has wore off :cry:

I still believe 3ammy. My guy is tired and trying to find his way. Needs to work on his conditioning in the offseason and learn to sustain himself for 82.

Jaime just dealing with the midseason rookie blues. He’s got the goods to be a real good one
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#547 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:31 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Jaime just dealing with the midseason rookie blues. He’s got the goods to be a real good one

I hope so brothers but we brought him in here to be ready from the jump, if the goal was to wait on development we should’ve just taken Whitmore. Need him out of this slump soon, he could’ve been the difference maker for this game. Bucks suck at defending the perimeter so maybe he gets going tomorrow
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,822

Post#548 » by Bishop45 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:39 pm

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#549 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:00 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

He may need to take a trip to Biscayne bay at around 11PM and get some happy endings behind one of the many bars to see if those Blue balls can be cured in time to head into the final stretch of the season. :lol: :lol: :lol:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,993

Post#550 » by KingDavid » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

I hope so brothers but we brought him in here to be ready from the jump, if the goal was to wait on development we should’ve just taken Whitmore. Need him out of this slump soon, he could’ve been the difference maker for this game. Bucks suck at defending the perimeter so maybe he gets going tomorrow

Just about every rookie goes through the rookie wall, it's normal. He'll overcome it.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,022

Post#551 » by contract » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 am

*unsticky*
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat