ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS, v. BUCKS. 2/13/24, 8PM!!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 931

Re: MIEMI HEATS, v. BUCKS. 2/13/24, 8PM!!!!! 

Post#541 » by Pokuokic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 am

LOL! Someone on th eyoutbue comments wrote

@heyarnold8023
5 hours ago
Yo Duncan has that dawg in him now jaylen brown has officially unlocked durag duncan

HOLY **** Durag Duncan!!
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,339

Post#542 » by Wiltside » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:29 am

Pokuokic wrote:LOL! Someone on th eyoutbue comments wrote

@heyarnold8023
5 hours ago
Yo Duncan has that dawg in him now jaylen brown has officially unlocked durag duncan

HOLY **** Durag Duncan!!

Duncan been a different dude since this

Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#543 » by Seabass777 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:32 am

fishfuego. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Imagine a PF rotation of Love and Jovic with Bam. Holy crap i can’t believe what Spo has put us through

Size is king, plus Jovic can spread the floor, has the size to rebound, can pass and can press the pace. Love can box, rebound, pass and spread the floor with his 3 point shot, and Bam can play elite defense , play dominant inside, collapse the D, push the pace. Spo has the ingredient to have gourmet dinner, question is, is he hungry enough. Add Duncan’s shooting and PnR with Bam, I mean C’mon Spo.

Spo would rather having fking small ball happy meals
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#544 » by dubasilva » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:46 am

Pokuokic wrote:If the Heat just let Jovic play freely and live with him getting cooked on D every now and than he's going to help big time even in this game while he was hot he passed up some good shots to get great shots for the others, super skilled super unselfish the dude just needs a chance to be Bulk Jovic.

I might be ok, we let Tyler and Duncan do it. We might as well give the kid the experience, score, pass, and eventually hope he can help us win.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,587

Post#545 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Wiltside wrote:I knew Poku was gonna come in here swinging :laugh:

Let him cook :lol:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,993

Post#546 » by KingDavid » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:03 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Bucks lack of perimeter defenders is getting crushed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They're missing Jrue Holiday badly. Middleton too, albeit he isn't the defender he used to be.

I thought Jrue was playing?

Idk if this was addressed in the thread or if you're joking; Jrue is on the Celtics now. Traded Brogdon and Timelord for him.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#547 » by fishfuego. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:30 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Imagine a PF rotation of Love and Jovic with Bam. Holy crap i can’t believe what Spo has put us through

Size is king, plus Jovic can spread the floor, has the size to rebound, can pass and can press the pace. Love can box, rebound, pass and spread the floor with his 3 point shot, and Bam can play elite defense , play dominant inside, collapse the D, push the pace. Spo has the ingredient to have gourmet dinner, question is, is he hungry enough. Add Duncan’s shooting and PnR with Bam, I mean C’mon Spo.

Spo would rather having fking small ball happy meals

:lol:
Lil nuggets
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,093

Post#548 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:35 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

The Nuggets fan Poku cooking
#FreeBam
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,022

Post#549 » by contract » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:35 pm

Bishop45 wrote:LET'S GO

I think was the key to victory last night. Lets keep this going.

Also the next game is tonight ... so chop-chop with the game thread.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 931

Post#550 » by Pokuokic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:44 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

The Nuggets fan Poku cooking

Plenty of protein to Bulk up there, 1 scoop of peanut butter and that's a perfect meal.
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,261

Post#551 » by wadenation305 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:44 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Watching Dame playing basketball in a Bucks uniform reminds me of a guy who is being reluctantly dragged to a theater by his wife or girlfriend to watch a chick flick. He'll go, but he doesn't really want to be there and it's obvious that his head and his heart isn't into it.

I said it the 1st week of November and I will say it again now almost 4 months later. Dame's problem is he doesn't want to be here. I also don't think Dame is a guy who is serious about winning a championship, he says he is and he talks a big game, but his actions speak a lot louder than his words.

Dame was hell bent on going to Miami because he was about to get a divorce and he wanted to go party and bang models.

But he ended up in Milwaukee.

This isn't that hard to figure out.

I don't think Dame is consciously thinking I'm going to shoot 7-26 and give 0 effort on defense because I would rather be partying Miami.

But his head and his heart just isn't into it, it's obvious. It was obvious to me by the 1st week of November.

Even last summer, long before there was any thought of Dame being traded to the Bucks, I thought it was actually really odd that Dame was so hell bent on being traded to Miami and no where else. I could see Miami being on a list, but why only Miami?

Obviously, I know why now.

The only hope is that maybe Dame at least sucks it up and actually plays like Dame in the playoffs. I doubt it though.

Good lord. I didn't know Dame was playing that badly and giving off that kind of body language. I straight up thought it was going to be a loss for them because of a b2b against a rested albeit injured team and playing without Middleton.

Had no clue this was transpiring.

Got to love it when the other FOs that know nothing transpire against us, just to have it blow up in their faces. I hope it hurts whatever teams try it again too. Maybe the FOs will learn to let it go or suffer derailing their entire franchise trying to force someone to work for them.

"Let it go little buddy, this bird was never meant for you. Learn how to do better with what you have first and maybe the prom Queen will choose you next time. Stop trying to molest your way into her."
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#552 » by fishfuego. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:48 pm

Pokuokic wrote:The Deer Fears The Bulk

I've been trying to tell you guys about Jovic and how mistreated he has been, did you guys see Crowder getting tough with Duncan and Jovic stepping in about to throw bombs and Crowder cowering?

The Heat dogged him to appease Lowry in the Twolves game where Kyle was getting cooked but blamed Bulk, sent to G-League, comes back helps the team win 2-3 games (bodied LeBron and AD) than BENCHED AGAIN for worthless bums like Highsmith and Scary Fairy.

Jovic and JJJ aside from Jimmy are the only real difference makers on the team the rest of them are solid to elite role players Jovic and JJJ both have the talent and skill level to go beyond that.

Not too long ago, Jovic was a mere teenager. The criticism of a teenager/ young adult is quite ludicrous, this guy hasn’t fully matured yet, heck he can’t even legally drink, nor enter some bars. One thing is for sure, he has real skills plus the almighty height. Spo needs to stop with this obsession of small guards playing a big men game out of position. I mean take a look at what Jovic did to Lillard blocking his shot, getting the rebound and pushing the ball in a fast break assisting JJJ for a layup, while out running Giannis who was trailing right behind his kneck, all was a quick and perfect execution.
Ask Spo if Highsmith can ever dream of doing this… never mind, he’ll come up with Highsmith can process some formula.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,498

Post#553 » by Beenie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:57 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Little homie wasnt worth the farm

He’s no Tito

It would be nice if Jimmy got to play with a teammate who is just as capable of going nuclear in the post season

The problem is anybody can go nuclear on him too. A Dame caliber player would be nice sure, but he’s far from the KD “instant title” tier the glue sniffers were pushing.

Fair.

But in exchange for him, Mia would have swapped out their own guy who is a nuclear testing facility that hasnt proven that he can counter back with his own nuclear strike in the post season.

Apologies for the ridiculous metaphor lol
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,420

Post#554 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:46 pm

dolphinatik wrote:we always seem to play fluid when down a few of our starters. Spo stops running his experiments and lets guys play more. Its like night and day the energy guys have.

This is not new, when Bam and Jimmy were out we played in my opinion the most fluid offense i have seen them play. And this is all about coaching, thats one of the reasons i have reservations about Spo being a great coach.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#555 » by DBurks2818 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:22 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:we always seem to play fluid when down a few of our starters. Spo stops running his experiments and lets guys play more. Its like night and day the energy guys have.

This is not new, when Bam and Jimmy were out we played in my opinion the most fluid offense i have seen them play. And this is all about coaching, thats one of the reasons i have reservations about Spo being a great coach.

Even though Spo is the one coaching them while they're running that fluid offense?
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#556 » by fishfuego. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:35 pm

KingDavid wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
They're missing Jrue Holiday badly. Middleton too, albeit he isn't the defender he used to be.

I thought Jrue was playing?

Idk if this was addressed in the thread or if you're joking; Jrue is on the Celtics now. Traded Brogdon and Timelord for him.

It was a bad attempt at sarcasm with how bad the Bucks defense looked vs us. Jrue always show up against us with the Celtics.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#557 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:28 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Even though Spo is the one coaching them while they're running that fluid offense?

My point is when SPO is FORCED to play the right players at their natural position and goes out of his little small comfort zone you can actually see a better more fluid offense, so what is your reasoning why when we have Jimmy and all the troops playing ( more talent in the roster ) we look so out of whack. To me this is all a coaching issue and not having figured out after years with the same group how to properly run an offense with the tools that we have, or maybe he is inconsistent with his strategy and offensive philosophy which is even worse if you think about it. Like i said this is not the first time i see the same pattern, when we have starters playing we tend to overdribble, waste time to generate offense, people standing and not cutting or moving. There is no reason we can not play a fluid offense after so many years with the same group of players, playing tweeners as PF and hoping they can do a good job defensively against players way taller and stronger, i mean come on man what is up with that.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#558 » by DBurks2818 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:43 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
DBurks2818 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

My point is when SPO is FORCED to play the right players at their natural position and goes out of his little small comfort zone you can actually see a better more fluid offense, so what is your reasoning why when we have Jimmy and all the troops playing ( more talent in the roster ) we look so out of whack. To me this is all a coaching issue and not having figured out after years with the same group how to properly run an offense with the tools that we have, or maybe he is inconsistent with his strategy and offensive philosophy which is even worse if you think about it. Like i said this is not the first time i see the same pattern, when we have starters playing we tend to overdribble, waste time to generate offense, people standing and not cutting or moving. There is no reason we can not play a fluid offense after so many years with the same group of players, playing tweeners as PF and hoping they can do a good job defensively against players way taller and stronger, i mean come on man what is up with that.

I hear you, but it's largely due to fit. Certain guys do not mesh well, or feel like they need X number of touches or X number of shots, and it's very difficult for a coach to manage those factors when the pieces do not fit very well together.

It is also harder for opposing teams to game plan against you when your main guys are out. Certain tactics become available that the opposing team has to adjust to out of nowhere because (combined with the above) guys are able to play free and loose and make plays that would not normally be conceded. If you've ever wondered why a team of scrubs beats a much better, healthy team during the regular season (like Memphis vs. Miami a little while ago), this is why.

Even more difficult to manage than the above is a roster of constantly rotating injuries, which the Heat have dealt with more than almost any other team in the league. That stuff is tricky game-to-game with a variety of opponents.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#559 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:14 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
DBurks2818 wrote:

I hear you, but it's largely due to fit. Certain guys do not mesh well, or feel like they need X number of touches or X number of shots, and it's very difficult for a coach to manage those factors when the pieces do not fit very well together.

It is also harder for opposing teams to game plan against you when your main guys are out. Certain tactics become available that the opposing team has to adjust to out of nowhere because (combined with the above) guys are able to play free and loose and make plays that would not normally be conceded. If you've ever wondered why a team of scrubs beats a much better, healthy team during the regular season (like Memphis vs. Miami a little while ago), this is why.

Even more difficult to manage than the above is a roster of constantly rotating injuries, which the Heat have dealt with more than almost any other team in the league. That stuff is tricky game-to-game with a variety of opponents.

Totally understandable, but why wont he play a kid with a bunch of upside in Niko and instead decides to play an undersized bum in Highsmith as a power forward, i mean you are setting the team up for failure since the beginning, the kid needs a lot to learn but i bet my left nut he will be way way better defensively, but he needs the playing time, with and offensively challenged and small player like Highsmith you dont have an advantage at all playing him as a PF, we need to get rid of this small ball nonsense, IT DOES NOT work, it wont work and we are just setting ourselves up for failure over and over again. But what do i know, its all my opinion watching the same c rap over and over again and nothing changes with this guy's philosophy.

Return to Miami Heat