ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS V. SIXERS, 2/14, 7PM, LETS GO!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Re: MIEMI HEATS V. SIXERS, 2/14, 7PM, LETS GO!! 

Post#201 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:43 am

IceColdCubano wrote:The plan to go 8-3 for the Month of February looks like this.

Fri, Feb 2 @ Washington (WIN) CORRECT

Sun, Feb 4 vs LA Clippers (LOSS) CORRECT

Tue, Feb 6 vs Orlando (WIN) CORRECT

Wed, Feb 7 vs San Antonio (WIN) CORRECT

Sun, Feb 11 vs Boston (WIN) (LOSS) Strike and a Miss.

Tue, Feb 13 @ Milwaukee (LOSS) (WIN) Back on Track!!!

Wed, Feb 14 @ Philadelphia (WIN) CORRECT

Fri, Feb 23 @ New Orleans (WIN) <---- NEXT TARGET

Mon, Feb 26 @ Sacramento (WIN)

Tue, Feb 27 @ Portland (WIN)

Thu, Feb 29 @ Denver (LOSS)

Updated, We in the end game now.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,514

Post#202 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 am

Raps bout to f this up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,591

Post#203 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 am

Was boxscore watching this game. Great win before the break. Sad to see Jovic with only 14 min. See Jagsmith got revenge on his old team
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,096

Post#204 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 am

MHeat0279 wrote:Well, now like a whole week without basketball, might need to tune to the British Basketball league

Don’t worry, you get to watch Bam carry the East to a win Sunday
#FreeBam
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#205 » by fishfuego. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:
Not a bad shot. Its not like they were going to get a better one. He's been making the mid range jumpers today. So I don't mind there.
The earlier turnover was dumb. That turnover was 60 % on Herro, 20 % on Duncan and 20 % on Spo. Duncan or Spo should have a called a TO there.

It was a ******* horrible shot, 8 seconds on the shot clock and 13 seconds left in the game. Worst case you put up a shot with a second or 2 left on the shot clock and if they don't get a clean rebound it might be over instead of giving them a chance of getting the possession with around 10 seconds left on the clock. How the **** can you defend that?

Lol why you swearing at me. Its interesting how much emotion Herro brings at ya'll. He had an open mid jumper, that's he's been making and team is up 3. So he took it, I don't mind. It's not like they've been generating good offense. They had been struggling to get good shots. Worse that happens is Sixers get rebound and make a 3 to tie the game.
The bigger mistake was the turnover up 2 possessions. That's one shouldn't happen.

No one was making shots, not even Duncan who missed a floater and a 3 that was thankfully put back by JJJ.

Winning an ugly game after a B2B, I’ll take it.
Team needs to use the break and refocus. All I ask.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,224

Post#206 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:46 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:
Not a bad shot. Its not like they were going to get a better one. He's been making the mid range jumpers today. So I don't mind there.
The earlier turnover was dumb. That turnover was 60 % on Herro, 20 % on Duncan and 20 % on Spo. Duncan or Spo should have a called a TO there.

It was a ******* horrible shot, 8 seconds on the shot clock and 13 seconds left in the game. Worst case you put up a shot with a second or 2 left on the shot clock and if they don't get a clean rebound it might be over instead of giving them a chance of getting the possession with around 10 seconds left on the clock. How the **** can you defend that?

Lol why you swearing at me. Its interesting how much emotion Herro brings at ya'll. He had an open mid jumper, that's he's been making and team is up 3. So he took it, I don't mind. It's not like they've been generating good offense. They had been struggling to get good shots. Worse that happens is Sixers get rebound and make a 3 to tie the game.
The bigger mistake was the turnover up 2 possessions. That's one shouldn't happen.

I really dislike plays that can cost a team a nearly guaranteed win. It actually wasn't a normal stupid play; it was an ego play to try to ice the game instead of doing the right play. I knew once he got the ball he was shooting it and he did.

A smart coach will use that type of ego against Miami and at some point, and it's possibly going to cost Miami a very important game.

I happen to dislike players who play outside their skillset because of their ego. I refused to follow my local OKC Thunder team because of Westbrooks ego (taking shots away from KD and sometimes others), hated watching Wiggins jacking shots for no apparent reason in Minnesota other than to get another shot up and how I'm having to watch Herro do the same thing. All talented players who played outside their skillset and limited their team's success because of it.

I would have been upset at anyone taking that shot, if it's a dunk that's one thing, but a jumper?

When Herro got the ball, I knew he was taking the shot, I would have been highly surprised if he didn't.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,278

Post#207 » by oreon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:46 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:Well, now like a whole week without basketball, might need to tune to the British Basketball league

He better be putting that time in with Mitchell. We know Lebron will
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#208 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:

Open lol? It’s not because it’s Herro, it’s because it was a horrible decision that could’ve cost the game
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#209 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:48 am

oreon wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

He better be putting that time in with Mitchell. We know Lebron will

Those 2 and Tatum will likely be together the entire time
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#210 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:49 am

Epic choke by the Raptors. Wow
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,420

Post#211 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:55 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Epic choke by the Raptors. Wow

Yep, seems Indy will be winning this one
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,420

Post#212 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:56 am

Well well, o seconds left and toronto trailing by 2
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,278

Post#213 » by oreon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:56 am

AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:It was a ******* horrible shot, 8 seconds on the shot clock and 13 seconds left in the game. Worst case you put up a shot with a second or 2 left on the shot clock and if they don't get a clean rebound it might be over instead of giving them a chance of getting the possession with around 10 seconds left on the clock. How the **** can you defend that?

I really dislike plays that can cost a team a nearly guaranteed win. It actually wasn't a normal stupid play; it was an ego play to try to ice the game instead of doing the right play. I knew once he got the ball he was shooting it and he did.

A smart coach will use that type of ego against Miami and at some point, and it's possibly going to cost Miami a very important game.

I happen to dislike players who play outside their skillset because of their ego. I refused to follow my local OKC Thunder team because of Westbrooks ego (taking shots away from KD and sometimes others), hated watching Wiggins jacking shots for no apparent reason in Minnesota other than to get another shot up and how I'm having to watch Herro do the same thing. All talented players who played outside their skillset and limited their team's success because of it.

He wasn't very efficient but without key buckets in the 4th we loose this game. It's fine if you don't like the dude. I just don't understand fans not liking a player they drafted.
And chances of Herro hijacking a game to cost us a key win in playoffs are zero. Firstly when Butler is back, Butler will be closing the game and not Herro. If he isn't, then its because he's being passive which is on Butler.
Secondly Spo isn't afraid to bench Herro. We've seen Herro sit the 4th when the lineup is rolling without him. So its not something I'm concerned about. Come playoffs its gonna be Butler, Bam + whoever Spo thinks is playing well to close games.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#214 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:06 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:

He wasn't very efficient but without key buckets in the 4th we loose this game. It's fine if you don't like the dude. I just don't understand fans not liking a player they drafted.
And chances of Herro hijacking a game to cost us a key win in playoffs are zero. Firstly when Butler is back, Butler will be closing the game and not Herro. If he isn't, then its because he's being passive which is on Butler.
Secondly Spo isn't afraid to bench Herro. We've seen Herro sit the 4th when the lineup is rolling without him. So its not something I'm concerned about. Come playoffs its gonna be Butler, Bam + whoever Spo thinks is playing well to close games.

What also gets combined in with Herro is not using him as an asset to strengthen the roster, if Miami could have gotten 2 1st for Herro last year when they were trying to get Lillard, having those 2 1st in combination with the 1st they gave up this year could have netted a much better player than Rozier. I get there's potential with Herro but I think his ego is a little bit too big for his skillset, I do happen to think there will be a time when his ego won't be an issue anymore and he'll be a much more efficient player but that's not for a few more years down the road or a couple of times being traded.

Just think of how pissed everyone would have been had Bam not gotten that rebound, Philly gets the ball, TO and ends up tying the game and Miami loses in OT. It's just a situation that shouldn't happen.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,148

Post#215 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:09 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:

It’s not that deep man. It was a terrible shot. Too much time left on the shot clock. Duncan was open in the corner. Herro was not open at all. He rushed it and wanted to put the game away and be the “hero”. And it nearly cost us. Herro takes 20 shots to get his 20 points. It’s bad inefficient basketball. He needs to improve big time. Doesn’t matter much in a game in February, I’m sure Spo will speak to him about it as this cannot happen in the playoffs.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,993

Post#216 » by KingDavid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:35 am

Herro went back to his old self towards the end but I think he had the green light for that. I'm not sweating it because that wouldn't happen if Jimmy were playing and he's actively trying to be a more efficient player to help the team. At least we won.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Aussie Heat Fan
Senior
And1: 545

Post#217 » by Aussie Heat Fan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:38 am

We gift the Raptors our Precious for Fat Ass and they do us dirty like that :banghead:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#218 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:53 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Do it again Jovic, make Spo play you.

:cry:
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#219 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:22 am

Bourne85 wrote:
oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:I really dislike plays that can cost a team a nearly guaranteed win. It actually wasn't a normal stupid play; it was an ego play to try to ice the game instead of doing the right play. I knew once he got the ball he was shooting it and he did.

It’s not that deep man. It was a terrible shot. Too much time left on the shot clock. Duncan was open in the corner. Herro was not open at all. He rushed it and wanted to put the game away and be the “hero”. And it nearly cost us. Herro takes 20 shots to get his 20 points. It’s bad inefficient basketball. He needs to improve big time. Doesn’t matter much in a game in February, I’m sure Spo will speak to him about it as this cannot happen in the playoffs.

It's a history of bad shots that I keep complaining about and people just ignore, at some point it's going to cost the team in the playoffs. This is the same person who had a meeting with his coach (Spoelstra) after a game to talk about his bad shot selection, the very next game he took even worse shots and had a horrible shooting percentage for that game.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,148

Post#220 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:32 am

AirP. wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
oreon wrote:

It's a history of bad shots that I keep complaining about and people just ignore, at some point it's going to cost the team in the playoffs. This is the same person who had a meeting with his coach (Spoelstra) after a game to talk about his bad shot selection, the very next game he took even worse shots and had a horrible shooting percentage for that game.

If Spo didn’t like how Herro was playing, he wouldn’t be playing. Most of the shots Herro is missing are really shots he can easily be making. Missing open 3s, missing floaters and layups. It’s not like he’s taking Kobeesque shots over a bunch of defenders lol. The last one he just went way too early but he is the only guy that can create his own shot right now so he went. He needs to reel it in a bit sure but imo he’s playing fine, he’s just not as efficient as I’d like. Missing really easy shots.

Return to Miami Heat