ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS V. SIXERS, 2/14, 7PM, LETS GO!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,424

Re: MIEMI HEATS V. SIXERS, 2/14, 7PM, LETS GO!! 

Post#241 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:14 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
AirP. wrote:I really dislike plays that can cost a team a nearly guaranteed win. It actually wasn't a normal stupid play; it was an ego play to try to ice the game instead of doing the right play. I knew once he got the ball he was shooting it and he did.

A smart coach will use that type of ego against Miami and at some point, and it's possibly going to cost Miami a very important game.

I happen to dislike players who play outside their skillset because of their ego. I refused to follow my local OKC Thunder team because of Westbrooks ego (taking shots away from KD and sometimes others), hated watching Wiggins jacking shots for no apparent reason in Minnesota other than to get another shot up and how I'm having to watch Herro do the same thing. All talented players who played outside their skillset and limited their team's success because of it.

I would have been upset at anyone taking that shot, if it's a dunk that's one thing, but a jumper?

When Herro got the ball, I knew he was taking the shot, I would have been highly surprised if he didn't.

If he played like you want him to, spam 3s and stay off ball we would've be blown out yesterday. Let the players who are actually winning the games do what they need to do. Despite missing a ton of 3s, his night didn't get "inefficient" until he was fouled on back to back possessions at the rim in the 4th that didn't get called.

So what are you gonna do, with Duncan starting to miss, he took the 1st open shot he got to put away the game. If he attacked the rim got fouled and a no call, you would be here talking about how he can't finish at the rim. It never ends.

First of all, without a PG yes, his role changed, and I defended him in the first half which I'm sure you didn't notice. I'm talking about that horrific decision for the last shot for Miami, that could have given Philly a chance which shouldn't have ever happened. There was 8 seconds left on the shot clock, if the defense couldn't get a turnover, they wanted Miami to take a jumper (the further the better) to still have a chance, just think of it from the Miami perspective if they were on defense in the same situation you would have said thank you for making such a bad decision. Plain and simple you don't take the shot yet because time is on your side. At that point it's not about "making" the last shot, it's about running down the clock and getting a shot up with 1-2 seconds left. Just think about it in the reverse roles, the 2nd best thing happened for the defense that gave them a chance. You have to do what's best for the team.

Here's a link to the video of that shot, look at what actually happened, how he had in his head at almost halfcourt that he was going to look for his shot instead (and it was a difficult shot) of eating up time (he 100% was looking for his own shot once he got past the overplaying defenders) and NOTICE how 4 of Philly's defenders were in a position to get the rebound and LUCKILY it bounced in about the only place where Bam could have a shot at the rebound.

Here's the play on nba.com. It's worse than when I saw it the first time.

BTW, here's the advanced stats for Miami from last nights game sorted by ORTG, it's interesting. Just remember, Philly's previous low on points given up since losing Embiid was 111 to Washington, Miami scored 109.
Spoiler:

The good news, Miami should be able to pass Philly in the standings easily, without Embiid that defense is horrible.

i agree, it was a bad shot due to the timing of the shot, but look at the video when he started driving, only bumsmith was open to his right, and i dont trust him to take a normal shot, less taking the last shot of the game.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#242 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:15 pm

What happened to Jovic? Why did he only get 14 minutes after the best game of his career?
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#243 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:16 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:New Yuck got their asses kicked and Indy is down in the 4th

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

By the time playoffs come I imagine Brunson will be burned

Thibs special. His teams play 110% in regular season (and in the same exact style all season). No extra gear for playoffs, players running on fumes, minimal new looks to throw at teams once scouted.

He's a very capable coach, but it's a huge reason why he has a 4-5 year stint everywhere.

saw a knick's game last week and he was hitting the floor most of the time, the guy is phenomenal but i dont see him lasting too long
a shame because he is a very good offensive player.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#244 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:18 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:What happened to Jovic? Why did he only get 14 minutes after the best game of his career?

he was in foul trouble the first half of the game, i dont remember how many he picked up on the second half.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,225

Post#245 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:22 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:i agree, it was a bad shot due to the timing of the shot, but look at the video when he started driving, only bumsmith was open to his right, and i dont trust him to take a normal shot, less taking the last shot of the game.

He didn't have to shoot the ball, but that's all that was on his mind when he made that spin to get away from 2 defenders trying to trap him near half court, he could have just gotten away from the defenders and not shot the ball, maybe even dribble it to the other side of the court to waste more time.

People on here seem to hate when Butler holds the ball and takes a long shot but it's the right play, he's not allowing the other team a chance to take a shot themselves, so a lower percentage shot for your team and no shot for the other team is a much better decision then taking an early open shot and giving the other team a chance to score themselves.

I'd be good with Herro taking the last shot of games if I felt he'd run the clock all the way down and take the shot, he wants those shots, he's good at those types of shots but he has horrible time management skills for those types of shots and that, he could actually let the other team have a shot at winning or a chance at tying up the score, worst case, letting the other team have a shot at winning a game you were tied in before his early shot.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#246 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:27 pm

AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:i agree, it was a bad shot due to the timing of the shot, but look at the video when he started driving, only bumsmith was open to his right, and i dont trust him to take a normal shot, less taking the last shot of the game.

He didn't have to shoot the ball, but that's all that was on his mind when he made that spin to get away from 2 defenders trying to trap him near half court, he could have just gotten away from the defenders and not shot the ball, maybe even dribble it to the other side of the court to waste more time.

People on here seem to hate when Butler holds the ball and takes a long shot but it's the right play, he's not allowing the other team a chance to take a shot themselves, so a lower percentage shot for your team and no shot for the other team is a much better decision then taking an early open shot and giving the other team a chance to score themselves.

I'd be good with Herro taking the last shot of games if I felt he'd run the clock all the way down and take the shot, he wants those shots, he's good at those types of shots but he has horrible time management skills for those types of shots and that, he could actually let the other team have a shot at winning or a chance at tying up the score, worst case, letting the other team have a shot at winning a game you were tied in before his early shot.

I agree it was a bad shot due to the time management, but if you put that aside when he spins you can see all our players were guarded. it doesnt take away from your point, it was bad clock management. On your Jimmy comment, i fully agree with others, if he is holding the ball until the end at the end of a period, I dont have a problem with it, but i see him stagnate the offense by doing nothing with the ball and passing it at the end for another player to take a bad shot, this worries me some going forward.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#247 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:36 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:What happened to Jovic? Why did he only get 14 minutes after the best game of his career?

terrible matchup for Jovic, Philly was play small with a bunch of speedy guards and wings flying everywhere, hell our better defenders struggled to keep anyone in front of them imagine Jovic was fouling like crazy. He was an afterthought in the second half, there were guys in better rhythm because he had to sit for so long also, that Spo decided to keep the team small and speedy to match them.

Return to Miami Heat