ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,022

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1961 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 7:31 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
What idiot team traded a superstar in his prime for fillers and draft picks. No young prospects in return?? :lol:

Harden to the Rockets, harden to the nets, Westbrook to the Rockets, cousins to the pelicans, Jimmy butler to Philly, Kyrie to the Celtics, Carmelo to the Knicks, Dwight to the lakers, Iverson to the nuggets, Kawhi to the raptors, Blake griffin to the pistons, to name a few

Harden was a backup when he went to the Rockets, Harden was passed his prime when he went to the Nets. Westbrook :lol:, Cousins :lol: there franchise wanted to get rid of them

Melo got traded for picks and young prospects like Danilo Gallinari.
Howard got to the Lakers and the Lakers gave up a young big time prospect in Bynum

Those are the only two that you mention in their prime

Randle and McBride :lol:
I can see if the GM name was Bishop, one of the few Randle fans on this planet.

You’re fuxking faded lol.

Magic didn’t get Bynum, cousins was averaging 28-11-5 when he was traded and I believe was arguably the best center in the league at the time, Westbrook was like a year removed from MVP and still in the convo, harden was literally all nba the year after he was traded to Houston, harden was all nba 1st team averaging 35-7-8 when he was traded to Brooklyn, Danilo Gallinari :lol:, the other guys I mentioned were still in their primes and still playing at a high level when they were traded.

6-7 1sts Randle Donte and McBride is a good deal for Booker (every guy I mentioned above was arguably more decorated of a player than Booker) and it doesn’t matter how you or I view Randle the masses have him as an all star and all nba player. They could just flip him somewhere else if they want for more assets
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1962 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 7:33 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Assuming fair price - rate these players from most wanted to least for this roster (this roster after the trade for said player) :

Ingram
Lilard
T. Young
Lebron
Durant
Mitchell
Beal

Mitchell
Lillard/Durant
LeBron
Trae
Ingram
Beal

MAYBE Trae higher due to age and ability to build long term plus he’s a great fit to Bam.
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,498

Post#1963 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:00 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Harden to the Rockets, harden to the nets, Westbrook to the Rockets, cousins to the pelicans, Jimmy butler to Philly, Kyrie to the Celtics, Carmelo to the Knicks, Dwight to the lakers, Iverson to the nuggets, Kawhi to the raptors, Blake griffin to the pistons, to name a few

Harden was a backup when he went to the Rockets, Harden was passed his prime when he went to the Nets. Westbrook :lol:, Cousins :lol: there franchise wanted to get rid of them

Howard got to the Lakers and the Lakers gave up a young big time prospect in Bynum

Magic didn’t get Bynum, cousins was averaging 28-11-5 when he was traded and I believe was arguably the best center in the league at the time, Westbrook was like a year removed from MVP and still in the convo, harden was literally all nba the year after he was traded to Houston, harden was all nba 1st team averaging 35-7-8 when he was traded to Brooklyn, Danilo Gallinari :lol:, the other guys I mentioned were still in their primes and still playing at a high level when they were traded.

6-7 1sts Randle Donte and McBride is a good deal for Booker (every guy I mentioned above was arguably more decorated of a player than Booker) and it doesn’t matter how you or I view Randle the masses have him as an all star and all nba player. They could just flip him somewhere else if they want for more assets

Bynum was part of what Lakers gave up and then he was sent to 76ers. Bynum was an elite prospect who many believed Bynum was a better talent to Howard. :lol: you a fuxxin faded if you think Randle and McBride are anything worth swapping :lol:. Danilo was a highly thought of young player. There was little to no interest in Westbrook. The heat were and rockets were the only teams interested lol. Most of this room was begging for the Heat not to get Westbrook.

Hey 3ham where are you from?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1964 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 8:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Bynum was part of what Lakers gave up and then he was sent to 76ers. Bynum was an elite prospect who many believed Bynum was a better talent to Howard. :lol: you a fuxxin faded if you think Randle and McBride are anything worth swapping :lol:. Danilo was a highly thought of young player. There was little to no interest in Westbrook. The heat were and rockets were the only teams interested lol. Most of this room was begging for the Heat not to get Westbrook.

Doesn’t matter where Bynum went if he wasn’t on the receiving end of the team who traded the star (Howard/Magic)!!! Players far superior to Booker have been traded for packages equal to or less than what I mentioned, that’s just the cold hard truth my friend!!!
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1965 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:30 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Magic didn’t get Bynum, cousins was averaging 28-11-5 when he was traded and I believe was arguably the best center in the league at the time, Westbrook was like a year removed from MVP and still in the convo, harden was literally all nba the year after he was traded to Houston, harden was all nba 1st team averaging 35-7-8 when he was traded to Brooklyn, Danilo Gallinari , the other guys I mentioned were still in their primes and still playing at a high level when they were traded.

Bynum was part of what Lakers gave up and then he was sent to 76ers. Bynum was an elite prospect who many believed Bynum was a better talent to Howard. you a fuxxin faded if you think Randle and McBride are anything worth swapping . Danilo was a highly thought of young player. There was little to no interest in Westbrook. The heat were and rockets were the only teams interested lol. Most of this room was begging for the Heat not to get Westbrook.

Doesn’t matter where Bynum went if he wasn’t on the receiving end of the team who traded the star (Howard/Magic)!!! Players far superior to Booker have been traded for packages equal to or less than what I mentioned, that’s just the cold hard truth my friend!!!
Lmao glad you reluctantly admit you was wrong

At Bynum young age there was debates that Bynum was better than Howard. 76ers were planning building around Bynum

Randle and McBride is like saying Rozier and Highsmith lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1966 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 8:40 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Bynum was part of what Lakers gave up and then he was sent to 76ers. Bynum was an elite prospect who many believed Bynum was a better talent to Howard. you a fuxxin faded if you think Randle and McBride are anything worth swapping . Danilo was a highly thought of young player. There was little to no interest in Westbrook. The heat were and rockets were the only teams interested lol. Most of this room was begging for the Heat not to get Westbrook.

At Bynum young age there was debates that Bynum was better than Howard. 76ers were planning building around Bynum

You using Bynum being in the trade is like saying the Thunder traded SGA to the Heat and a 1st to the Suns and ended up with Booker. Surely you understand how flawed that logic is lol

The players do not matter as much in this case as the insane amount of draft capital, they never have. Magic got a bunch of role players 2 2nds and 3 1sts for Howard. Julius Randle would be a better piece than any player they got for Dwight while Booker isn’t near what Dwight was at the time.

You have been absolutely BODIED
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1967 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:57 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

You using Bynum being in the trade is like saying the Thunder traded SGA to the Heat and a 1st to the Suns and ended up with Booker. Surely you understand how flawed that logic is lol

The players do not matter as much in this case as the insane amount of draft capital, they never have. Magic got a bunch of role players 2 2nds and 3 1sts for Howard. Julius Randle would be a better piece than any player they got for Dwight while Booker isn’t near what Dwight was at the time.

Surely your knowledge of the NBA history is short. You don't know how good Bynum and Gallinari was viewed as young talents. Teams view them as franchise building block young talents. Doesn't mean i agreed with it which i didn't at the time.

You just showed you are just recently matured passed a training bra

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,947

Post#1968 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:20 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Assuming fair price - rate these players from most wanted to least for this roster (this roster after the trade for said player) :

Ingram
Lilard
T. Young
Lebron
Durant
Mitchell
Beal

Durant

Mitchell
Lillard

Young

Ingram/Beal
Timantha
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,623

Post#1969 » by Timantha » Wed May 1, 2024 9:35 pm

I wonder who wants Lavine this summer
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#1970 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 9:39 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

Ingram
Lilard
T. Young
Lebron
Durant
Mitchell
Beal

Durant

Mitchell
Lillard

Young

Ingram/Beal

Durant - Best Odds to help win Chip in next 2 years, Perfect PF next to Bam.

Mitchell - Good Odds to help win Chip in the next 2 Years plus build longevity for another 8 Years, best bang for your buck on the table.

Lillard - Good Odds to help win Chip in the next 2 Years, has injury health concerns and big dollar value.

Young - Mediocre Odds to help win Chip, is an improvement over Terry Rozier and or Tyler Herro at minimum.

Ingram/Beal - Worst Odds, they carry the worst risk from contractual burden, Health and but would cost the least to acquire.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1972 » by twix2500 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:21 pm

Sad the Heat couldn't get a healthy Rozier. Just like Dipo.

ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#1973 » by ZoStrong » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

Or, a preemptive move so sorry franchises don't draft him just to lure LeBron, lol
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1974 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:40 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

Mitchell - Good Odds to help win Chip in the next 2 Years plus build longevity for another 8 Years, best bang for your buck on the table.

Lillard - Good Odds to help win Chip in the next 2 Years, has injury health concerns and big dollar value.

Young - Mediocre Odds to help win Chip, is an improvement over Terry Rozier and or Tyler Herro at minimum.

Ingram/Beal - Worst Odds, they carry the worst risk from contractual burden, Health and but would cost the least to acquire.

I agree with your analysis for the most part. Durant, even at this stage of his career would be the best shot at a title for this "core". Mitchell, while a good player is pretty overrated on this board. He'll be 28 in September, not old at all but I don't see that as a 8 year window (only bonafide superstars give you that) with he and Bam..he's suspect as a 1st option, more like a 3-4 year window. If DeAaron Fox were to become available I'd have him in higher regard than Mitchell. The other guys give some fans somebody to pop ass with but thats about it.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,824

Post#1975 » by Daffy » Wed May 1, 2024 10:55 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

I agree with your analysis for the most part. Durant, even at this stage of his career would be the best shot at a title for this "core". Mitchell, while a good player is pretty overrated on this board. He'll be 28 in September, not old at all but I don't see that as a 8 year window (only bonafide superstars give you that) with he and Bam..he's suspect as a 1st option, more like a 3-4 year window. If DeAaron Fox were to become available I'd have him in higher regard than Mitchell. The other guys give some fans somebody to pop ass with but thats about it.

The thing with Mitchell is he'd be relegated to a Kyrie role here. Basically be that #1 guy on offense next to Butler and Bam. It slides Butler and Bam into their natural roles as 2s and 3s.

After acquiring Mitchell when Butler leaves then we go hunting for that next impact star.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1976 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 11:04 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Lmao glad you reluctantly admit you was wrong

Surely your knowledge of the NBA history is short. You don't know how good Bynum and Gallinari was viewed as young talents. Teams view them as franchise building block young talents. Doesn't mean i agreed with it which i didn't at the time.

You just showed you are just recently matured passed a training bra

Im 30, as crazy as that feels to type now, remember those guys quite well lol.

Youre missing my point on Bynum, your whole argument is that the suns need more than what was mentioned but Bynum was not sent to the Magic in the Dwight trade so the fact he was traded in the deal is a moot point. Bynum was arguably the 2nd best center in the league at that time although he fell off very fast after

Now that’s enough of this talk as Booker has like a 1% chance of being traded, LOCK IN FOR THE GAME!!!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1977 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 11:07 pm

Daffy wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

The thing with Mitchell is he'd be relegated to a Kyrie role here. Basically be that #1 guy on offense next to Butler and Bam. It slides Butler and Bam into their natural roles as 2s and 3s.

After acquiring Mitchell when Butler leaves then we go hunting for that next impact star.

Yezzir and we’ll see even better play than what we’re seeing in Cleveland (although still elite) because he won’t be sharing guard duties with another high usage guard next to him. His numbers when Garland is out are insane and so if their win rate. He has very good impact numbers as well on both sides of the court last I remember reading on Twitter
#FreeBam
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1978 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:08 pm

Daffy wrote:

Yea I don't view Mitchell in the Kyrie tier. I think it can be a good team, its a solid core if the most important player in that trio is able to stay healthy. Speaking of that, who truly knows when the "end" is for Jimmy? He's eligible for an extension and could decide to keep getting checks into his late 30's.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,992

Post#1979 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu May 2, 2024 1:44 am

The absolute right move would be trade butler/Bam for a bevy of picks/prospects. Have herro lead the tank since we’re stuck with him anyway. This is the ultimate result of not picking a clear direction and letting that fester for years.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1980 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:58 am

This should be an entertaining summer, not on this board, but with transactions

Return to Miami Heat