ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,708

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1701 » by DayofMourning » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I would inquire about Michell, B.Ingram and C.Cunningham this summer if I'm Miami and see if any fo them are obtainable.

did you watch Ingram against the Thunder? He isnt a 1A or even a 1B scoring option come playoff time.

Yeah buddy. Ingram is NOT what this team needs.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,035

Post#1702 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Wiltside wrote:Weird, not seeing any comments about Bradley Beal being the whale we missed out on today.

Strange. Good thing the Suns still have 3yrs and $150m left on that deal with a NTC.

Spoiler:
9 points, 1 reb, 2 ast on 4/13fg and 6 turnovers in 31 minutes while fouling out while the Suns get swept. Coo.

1 game sample sizes don’t eliminate a seasons worth of good play. He pulled a Herro, it is what it is
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1703 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,974

Post#1704 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

These stars know what Miami Heat can do for them. Yet they always usually end up picking another team, outside of Dame Lillard, Bradley Beal, whom picked Miami Heat first, Most of them tend to go in a different direction.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1705 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

These stars know what Miami Heat can do for them. Yet they always usually end up picking another team, outside of Dame Lillard, Bradley Beal, whom picked Miami Heat first, Most of them tend to go in a different direction.

Yep, almost always backfires. Let that be a lesson!!
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,974

Post#1706 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:48 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

You usually see migration with Stars when one conference gets too tough, thats where the West is at. With the rise of OKC, Nuggets, Minnesota, Mavericks, Kings and strong builds in Clippers and Rockets growing in the background, Memphis getting Ja Morant healthy again, and San Antonio Growing as well with Wemby its going to be such a tough conference to try and come out off.

I could see some old heads, like Durant trying to move back East, seeing that outside of Boston there not a lot of fundamental top tier contender. Milwaukee & Cleveland are cooked build wise, New York is starting to sharpen their claws but not exactly elite, Orlando, Indiana are both young and trying to get experience, Miami is that old dog that won't go away and have a bunch of downright terrible teams.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1707 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:57 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

You usually see migration with Stars when one conference gets too tough, thats where the West is at. With the rise of OKC, Nuggets, Minnesota, Mavericks, Kings and strong builds in Clippers and Rockets growing in the background, Memphis getting Ja Morant healthy again, and San Antonio Growing as well with Wemby its going to be such a tough conference to try and come out off.

I could see some old heads, like Durant trying to move back East, seeing that outside of Boston there not a lot of fundamental top tier contender. Milwaukee & Cleveland are cooked build wise, New York is starting to sharpen their claws but not exactly elite, Orlando, Indiana are both young and trying to get experience, Miami is that old dog that won't go away and have a bunch of downright terrible teams.

I hope he asks out but they likely fire Vogel and pick up some pieces and run it back
#FreeBam
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,952

Post#1708 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

I would have chosen Steph and Klay over us the summer of 2016 too. 6 years later however he should have pushed more for Miami over the power of friendship in Phoenix. Its all water under a bridge now but co-starring with Jimmy and winning down here would have done more to ‘repair’ his image, not that I personally believe he needs it but in the eyes of the media.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1709 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Read on Twitter

This summer we will right our wrongs and finally get Bam some help on this team!!
#FreeBam
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 209

Post#1710 » by Voltron914 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Wiltside wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really don’t understand why we went away from everything that worked in game 2 and doubled down on everything that didn’t in game 1.

Yea that was weird. Playoffs has always been a game of adjustments until the opponent figures it out. We just went away from it and thought it would work out lol
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,201

Post#1711 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I would inquire about Michell, B.Ingram and C.Cunningham this summer if I'm Miami and see if any fo them are obtainable.

did you watch Ingram against the Thunder? He isnt a 1A or even a 1B scoring option come playoff time.

Nope, I think he has the skill and size that Spoelstra could get a lot more out of him. Didn't say he's a #1 but he could be avaliable.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1712 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Wiltside wrote:Weird, not seeing any comments about Bradley Beal being the whale we missed out on today.

Strange. Good thing the Suns still have 3yrs and $150m left on that deal with a NTC.

Spoiler:
9 points, 1 reb, 2 ast on 4/13fg and 6 turnovers in 31 minutes while fouling out while the Suns get swept. Coo.

He's being missed used as a roleplayed because there's 2 better options on the team and it seems he's not too happy with his role.

I believe he'd do much better under Spoelstra as a higher option. It's all about your role, look at Butler (playing R.Covington's role) in Philly and now in Miami.

During the season he had 22 games of 20+ ppg while only having 2 of those games under 50% FG%. It would have cost something like Lowry and maybe Robinson or other filler. For instance, I'd be very good moving forward with Beal and that 1st Miami gave up over Rozer and Robinson and a couple of 2nds.
Read on Twitter
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,952

Post#1713 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 pm

Speaking of Beal, just read some old takes here from this summer on what Heat fans were willing to give up for him and oh man it is ugly
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1714 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 pm

Playoff stats after 3 games...

NetRatings are going to be horrible for most with Boston winning easily 2 of the 3 games by wide margin.

Code: Select all

+-----------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+---+---+---+---+---+----+----+---------+
|Player           |Games|TS%  |2pt% |3pt% |Pts |Ast|Reb|Stl|Blk|TO |ORTG|DRTG|NetRating|
+-----------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+---+---+---+---+---+----+----+---------+
|Thomas Bryant    |1    |1    |1    |0    |2   |0  |2  |0  |0  |0  |214 |122 |92       |
|Delon Wright     |2    |0.926|0.333|0.75 |11  |2  |2.5|1  |0  |0  |182 |119 |63       |
|Kevin Love       |3    |0.7  |0.667|0.5  |2.3 |1  |3.3|0  |0  |0.3|132 |115 |17       |
|Bam Adebayo      |3    |0.58 |0.6  |0    |21.7|2.7|8.3|0  |0  |0.7|122 |122 |0        |
|Caleb Martin     |3    |0.656|0.5  |0.5  |10  |1.3|3  |0.3|0  |0.7|124 |124 |0        |
|Nikola Jović     |3    |0.662|0.4  |0.533|12  |2.3|7.7|1.3|1  |2  |110 |111 |-1       |
|Patty Mills      |1    |0.543|0    |0.4  |7   |1  |0  |1  |0  |0  |113 |117 |-4       |
|Tyler Herro      |3    |0.56 |0.308|0.414|16.7|6.7|3.7|0.7|0  |3  |106 |122 |-16      |
|Haywood Highsmith|3    |0.5  |0.667|0.273|5.7 |2.7|3  |0.3|0  |1  |103 |123 |-20      |
|Jaime Jaquez Jr. |3    |0.47 |0.452|0.273|14  |3.3|3.7|0.7|0.3|2  |93  |121 |-28      |
|Duncan Robinson  |3    |0.458|0.5  |0.3  |3.7 |1  |1.3|0.7|0  |1.3|73  |117 |-44      |
|Orlando Robinson |1    |0    |0    |0    |0   |1  |1  |0  |0  |0  |58  |112 |-54      |
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,035

Post#1715 » by greg4012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:43 pm

AirP. wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Nope, I think he has the skill and size that Spoelstra could get a lot more out of him. Didn't say he's a #1 but he could be avaliable.

Count me in as someone who would be interested in a trade and extension for Ingram. He's very obviously still limited by his injury. He came back from a knee injury for the last 4 games of the regular season and immediately began a playoff series (with no Zion) against a healthy 1 seed in OKC. I also strongly believe that Spo would better use Ingram. In NO, Zion always comes first and Ingram has had to toggle between a bunch of inconsistent roles--some suiting him better than others.

Injury bug is my main concern with Ingram, but I'll take that gamble on a 26-year old 3-level scoring wing.

Are there any other trade options I prefer? Sure. Are any realistic/viable? TBD.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1716 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:45 pm

The big move to make was for Beal and KP giving up Lowry Herro Duncan and a 1st tbh.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1717 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:56 pm

I’ve always liked Ingram but his injuries and play in these playoffs has turned me off some. I’d still take him but he has no business getting clamped by Lu Dort considering the difference in size and how highly skilled he is.

Surprisingly he played 64 games this season but that hasn’t been the norm. We really need to push our chips in on a young all star that we know will more than likely be available majority of the season due to strong injury history, otherwise we’re just continuing to leave Bam out to dry keep us afloat while they’re out and Jimmy is taking PTO (whether he’s playing or not).

I’d say of the available young guys coming this season off the top of my head (I’m sure I’m forgetting someone and someone random always pops up) I’d rank them:

1. Mitchell
2. Trae
3. Ingram

Mitchell and Trae had shaky seasons injury wise but they’re both usually available and say what you want about Traes defense but Herro is one of the worst there as well while not being anywhere near the offensive player Trae is. Trae is one of the most offensively gifted players in the league without a doubt. Hell everyone is fawning over Haliburton for having what would be a slightly better season than Traes rookie year. His value is probably at an all time low and the Hawks seem to prefer Murray now, if Mitchell falls through this may be a chance to get an elite talent discounted.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1718 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 pm

26-4-10 career averages are insane, he’d be the best offensive talent we’ve had since peak LeBron and Wade and it wouldn’t even be close (outside of playoff Jimmy appearances every now and then). Hes had some postseason success as well and pushed the championship Bucks to 6, still only 25. I think he’s just reach the point with the Hawks where it’s ran its course, the Murray trade was a flop in terms of fit and winning. Both great players, just horrible fits
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,035

Post#1719 » by greg4012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ve always liked Ingram but his injuries and play in these playoffs has turned me off some. I’d still take him but he has no business getting clamped by Lu Dort considering the difference in size and how highly skilled he is.

Surprisingly he played 64 games this season but that hasn’t been the norm. We really need to push our chips in on a young all star that we know will more than likely be available majority of the season due to strong injury history, otherwise we’re just continuing to leave Bam out to dry keep us afloat while they’re out and Jimmy is taking PTO (whether he’s playing or not).

I’d say of the available young guys coming this season off the top of my head (I’m sure I’m forgetting someone and someone random always pops up) I’d rank them:

1. Mitchell
2. Trae
3. Ingram

Mitchell and Trae had shaky seasons injury wise but they’re both usually available and say what you want about Traes defense but Herro is one of the worst there as well while not being anywhere near the offensive player Trae is. Trae is one of the most offensively gifted players in the league without a doubt. Hell everyone is fawning over Haliburton for having what would be a slightly better season than Traes rookie year. His value is probably at an all time low and the Hawks seem to prefer Murray now, if Mitchell falls through this may be a chance to get an elite talent discounted.

All fair points, except I really don't think too much stock should be placed on Ingram playing injured without Zion. OKC is a great defensive team and they can scheme for Dort to shadow Ingram while scheming defensive focus to make sure he can't get going. CJ McCollum ain't doing anything in the playoffs and they have no other sources of offense. To me this screams distressed asset to capitalize on. If he wasn't hobbled and was having a series like he had in 2022, then Miami would probably be getting priced out here.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1720 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm

greg4012 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ve always liked Ingram but his injuries and play in these playoffs has turned me off some. I’d still take him but he has no business getting clamped by Lu Dort considering the difference in size and how highly skilled he is.

1. Mitchell
2. Trae
3. Ingram

All fair points, except I really don't think too much stock should be placed on Ingram playing injured without Zion. OKC is a great defensive team and they can scheme for Dort to shadow Ingram while scheming defensive focus to make sure he can't get going. CJ McCollum ain't doing anything in the playoffs and they have no other sources of offense. To me this screams distressed asset to capitalize on. If he wasn't hobbled and was having a series like he had in 2022, then Miami would probably be getting priced out here.

Also true, honestly think all 3 guys I mentioned are distressed assets right now (Mitchell for contract reasons) and could be had at a discounted rate compared to the norm.
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat