ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,152

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1681 » by AirP. » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,960

Post#1682 » by Johnny Fontane » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bucks are done. Next year Dame, Giannis, and Middleton another year older. This isn’t going to end well for them
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,962

Post#1683 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bucks are done. Next year Dame, Giannis, and Middleton another year older. This isn’t going to end well for them

This is why you cannot put your trust in older stars. Jimmy Butler and Damian Lillard both going down for us in the playoffs after Miami gave up, JJJ and Jovic plus picks. Also meant we wouldnt of gotten Rozier either, wed be here in a far worse situation.

This id unfurtunately the risk of havong 34+ year olds as your main go to players. I can see how Miami played hardball knowing these risk exist and giving up the farm is a short sighted way of going about business.

Now if your telling me your goinf for a Donovan Mitchell level player with 28 years or younger that you know you can still get 6-8 years of contention, yeah throw the farm at the young star.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,967

Post#1684 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why you cannot put your trust in older stars. Jimmy Butler and Damian Lillard both going down for us in the playoffs after Miami gave up, JJJ and Jovic plus picks. Also meant we wouldnt of gotten Rozier either, wed be here in a far worse situation.

This id unfurtunately the risk of havong 34+ year olds as your main go to players. I can see how Miami played hardball knowing these risk exist and giving up the farm is a short sighted way of going about business.

Now if your telling me your goinf for a Donovan Mitchell level player with 28 years or younger that you know you can still get 6-8 years of contention, yeah throw the farm at the young star.

Some even wanted to send Bam for Lillard and have 2 somewhat injury prone stars lead the way :o

Can never predict injury so you never know what would have happened, I’d still take my chances with a Dame/Jimmy/Bam big 3 with Spo any day.
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,603

Post#1685 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Dame wouldve been injured midseason playing with us.

We still got "The Package" primed for years to come.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1686 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:

Some even wanted to send Bam for Lillard and have 2 somewhat injury prone stars lead the way :o

Can never predict injury so you never know what would have happened, I’d still take my chances with a Dame/Jimmy/Bam big 3 with Spo any day.

Your right, you cannot predict injury but you can anticipate it based on data and age.

Knowing what we know now that would have been a terrible decision on your part. No Jimmy and No Lillard, and it looks like lillard has been broken for a bit, it didn't just happen in game three. Plus we would have been out on one of JJJ or Jovic or Both on two old broken stars, which is why I am glad smarter people than ourselves are making decisions, they wanted to unload old expiring of Lowry and picks and keep their young guys, it makes perfect sense.

Read on Twitter
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 247

Post#1687 » by Bmaster » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Still wouldn't trade away young players for Donovan Mitchell. Would trade Butler and Rozier first. Glad we didn't get lillard. Great player but I agree 34 yrs or older is too old to throw $50 million at hoping he will be there in playoffs.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1688 » by AirP. » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

You throw the farm at that player and now you have 1-3 years of having to rebuild that roster trying to become a contender. Having to rely on trying to find the right type of role-players and hoping to get those key minimum vets or buyout players. On Michell, I don't think Miami has the assets to make that happen because they don't need Bam. I'm still a little confused what they were thinking with a Mitchell and Garland back court unless they're hoping to resign Mitchell and then package Garland and others (maybe Mobily or Allen) for another top tier player that they need.

Miami got Butler at age 29/30 and look at how little they did to shape the roster for him, there were years they gave the last older FA PF standing a contract to start for them.

Miami should just continue to try to be as good as they can every year while trying to acquire a higher-level talent whenever they can and if there are rumors a future higher level/top tier player is interested in Miami, clear out the cap space to sign them if they're not currently a contender.

I would inquire about Michell, B.Ingram and C.Cunningham this summer if I'm Miami and see if any fo them are obtainable.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,985

Post#1689 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm

Rozier, Duncan for Lillard this summer lol

Too bad the salaries don't match.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1690 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Rozier, Duncan for Lillard this summer lol

You could sign and trade Caleb to fill the difference in value, Caleb + Duncan + Rozier + 1 FRP

Duncan Salary $19.4M - 2024/25
Terry Rozier $24.9M - 2024/25
Grand Total Salary = $44.4M Total Salary

Damien Lillard = $48.8M - 2024/25

Caleb is going to be looking at a $13M per Year salary we cannot afford, however we can afford $7.5M if we resign Haywood to $7.5M as well.

Meaning we can give Caleb his $13M here by trading him away to another team.
Meaning we would be sending out $57.4M outgoing salary.
Having $44.4M incoming or They could attach Pat Conningtons $9M and we don't resign Haywood Highsmith, getting us within closer to the salary exchange.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#1691 » by dubasilva » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:Rozier, Duncan for Lillard this summer lol

You could sign and trade Caleb to fill the difference in value, Caleb + Duncan + Rozier + 1 FRP

Duncan Salary $19.4M - 2024/25
Terry Rozier $24.9M - 2024/25
Grand Total Salary = $44.4M Total Salary

Damien Lillard = $48.8M - 2024/25

Caleb is going to be looking at a $13M per Year salary we cannot afford, however we can afford $7.5M if we resign Haywood to $7.5M as well.

Meaning we can give Caleb his $13M here by trading him away to another team.
Meaning we would be sending out $57.4M outgoing salary.
Having $44.4M incoming or They could attach Pat Conningtons $9M and we don't resign Haywood Highsmith, getting us within closer to the salary exchange.

I'm not sure I'd trade for Lillard. I'd use some players and picks to get a younger and promising player like Mitchel.

I'd move Nico to 3, Bam to 4, and trade Herro. This would create a new build around Bam and a young guard. Develop Nico and continue to develop through the GLeague.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1693 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 am

Read on Twitter
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1694 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless this game plan includes having Prime Dwade walking through the door suiting up and Miami shooters primed for another 50% 3pt shooting night, I don't foresee any mystical plan working. Did the team do a sacrifice to the basketball gods to invoke the spirits of Kobe Bryant into Caleb Martin, like the last years playoffs?
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,313

Post#1695 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 am

Spo got some votes
Read on Twitter
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1696 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am

TroubleS0me wrote:Spo got some votes
Read on Twitter

I agree with this list to be honest, all top three coaches in voting deserved it to be honest.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,896

Post#1697 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 am

AirP. wrote:
I would inquire about Michell, B.Ingram and C.Cunningham this summer if I'm Miami and see if any fo them are obtainable.

did you watch Ingram against the Thunder? He isnt a 1A or even a 1B scoring option come playoff time.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1698 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

did you watch Ingram against the Thunder? He isnt a 1A or even a 1B scoring option come playoff time.

Too many question with Ingram unfortunately, he can't seem to stay healthy, we already have a knack for the injury bug with how hard we push our guys with our heavy switching defense during the regular season. Second he seems to get shut down rather easily it seems on some matchups and doesn't show much effort which is a no no here. Miami is looking for a 1A at the moment or at worst a 1B, but nothing less.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,271

Post#1699 » by Wiltside » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 pm

Weird, not seeing any comments about Bradley Beal being the whale we missed out on today.

Strange. Good thing the Suns still have 3yrs and $150m left on that deal with a NTC.

Spoiler:
9 points, 1 reb, 2 ast on 4/13fg and 6 turnovers in 31 minutes while fouling out while the Suns get swept. Coo.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,271

Post#1700 » by Wiltside » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really don’t understand why we went away from everything that worked in game 2 and doubled down on everything that didn’t in game 1.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat