ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,852

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1561 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:27 pm

greg4012 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Nah your wilding now, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuggets didn’t even get off on us really lol they won because we couldn’t score and because Jimmy was on 1 leg lol. They didn’t play some amazing unbeatable basketball where they just drummed up 4 games by 3. Every game was winnable if not for 1-2 long scoring droughts

People warp it in their minds bc they didn’t like how it looked with the nuggets outsizing us across the board. Reality is the deficient offensive droughts were the difference in the series. Has been the story for the past 2+ years

I can only imagine how these last few seasons after getting swept by the Bucks would have went with an offensive player like Mitchell, Kyrie, Dame, etc. next to Jimmy and Bam instead of Lowry and Herro
#FreeBam
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,239

Post#1562 » by MorbidHEAT » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:53 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ll be sick if we miss out on Mitchell, he’s the perfect fit and wants to be here. Getting Mitchell is how you make up for not finding a way to resolve the Dame situation last summer. If that falls through I’m at a loss on what the next course of action needs to be tbh but someone like that is the final piece to the puzzle

I don't see how we can get Mitchell. To begin with, I don't see the Cavs trading Mitchell to a team in this conference. Even if they did, our offers will simply be beat by other offers. Unfortunately, we simply do not have the assets to win any of these bidding wars. We really should have gone after Kyrie. We could have gotten Kyrie a couple of years ago for a bag of doritos and a copy of Like Mike.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,356

Post#1563 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 pm

Next year is such a pivotal year. We can’t afford to be a play in team. We need to pay out our 2025 pick to OKC that’s top 15 protected or else it becomes unprotected in 2026 and due to Stepien rules the pick we traded to the Hornets which is top 20 protected in 2027 becomes unprotected in 2028.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,978

Post#1564 » by SoFlaKingReal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ll be sick if we miss out on Mitchell, he’s the perfect fit and wants to be here. Getting Mitchell is how you make up for not finding a way to resolve the Dame situation last summer. If that falls through I’m at a loss on what the next course of action needs to be tbh but someone like that is the final piece to the puzzle

I don't see how we can get Mitchell. To begin with, I don't see the Cavs trading Mitchell to a team in this conference. Even if they did, our offers will simply be beat by other offers. Unfortunately, we simply do not have the assets to win any of these bidding wars. We really should have gone after Kyrie. We could have gotten Kyrie a couple of years ago for a bag of doritos and a copy of Like Mike.

Don't try to confuse people with logic and common sense.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1565 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

If anytime a star comes available we miss out because we lack the assets or whatever the case may be it’s just a reflection of your “Godfather” being incompetent at his job.

The logic is there’s not going to be a massive bidding war for an expiring player who holds a lot of say in where he wants to go
#FreeBam
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,239

Post#1566 » by MorbidHEAT » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:37 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

If anytime a star comes available we miss out because we lack the assets or whatever the case may be it’s just a reflection of your “Godfather” being incompetent at his job.

The logic is there’s not going to be a massive bidding war for an expiring player who holds a lot of say in where he wants to go

The contract situation was different, but there wasn’t a bidding war for Dame. All it took was 1 team. The only hope we have is for Mitchell to very privately and respectfully ask to be traded specifically to Miami and the Cavs honoring that. Long shot to say the least, but it would be perfect.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,945

Post#1567 » by Johnny Fontane » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 pm

Someone mentioned kyrie, goodness did Mavs get him for nothing
tacosman
Junior
And1: 272

Post#1568 » by tacosman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

The problem with this is that even if all the above is true, the Heat *STILL* don't have anything to offer. Teams(including the cavs) simply DO.NOT.WANT Herro.

He'd be a good microwave scorer addition on a good contract. He, of course, does not have a 'good' contract and the cavs just like every other team are aware of that.

Most of the guys in this forum finally get this(after you know....a billion years of the heat shopping herro lol). There are still a few holdouts however who apparently don't follow nba news that closely and try to 'sell' herro to other teams. Nevermind they don't want him and have been trying to trade him forever, but at the same time they insist that he has good value and some team 'should' want him. Lol....it makes no sense, is completely illogical, and goes against everything we have seen again and again.

I swear it will be 2033 and the miami heat will be trying to package tyler herro into a deal for another team's star that is now in like 7th grade.

It doesn't matter what year you log into this forum to see the status of herro.....some things never change.

Miami isn't going to do it, but they are farther away right now(and moving in the other direction.....jimmy's age being obviously why) than they are getting closer to being truly good. For that reason they should tank. They won't, but they should.

Yeah everyone can create fantasies about how wins here and there can be added(what if X is added, what is Y develops more, etc). But the reality is 10 other teams can say the same thing, and most of them are more likely to do so.

The 2023 run and series win against boston was really nice, but it's best viewed as an unlikely isolated event. And even in that context, Jimmy next year will be 2 years older than that even.

It's time....tear it down(ie trade Bam) and try to get some great pieces/picks to start the rebuild with.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,356

Post#1569 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 pm

No way this team is going to tear it down. Like zero percent. Too many reasons and i just broke down the draft ramifications
tacosman
Junior
And1: 272

Post#1570 » by tacosman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:50 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:No way this team is going to tear it down. Like zero percent. Too many reasons and i just broke down the draft ramifications

I 100% agree they won't. And said as much. But they probably should.......honestly it's more realistic for the heat to trend to 35-40 wins in the next season or two than 54+ wins.

Butler will be 35 next season. And 36 the next. Just because *at times* in playoffs 2 years ago and then 4 years ago he played like a much better player than his overall status in the league, doesn't mean it would happen again even if he were 31 and 33 again. And he's not going to be 31 or 33. He's going to be 35 and 36.

Then the rest of the roster outside Bam isn't very good. Herro is not a winning player and has been on the trade block forever(like literally forever) because everyone including the heat know that. Then the rest of the roster just isn't any good.

When Jaime Jasquez(a low ceiling late 1st round draft pick) is getting > 28 mins a game, then that pretty much says it all.

They are going to do what they are going to do, and you're right it almost certainly won't be to tank. But I just don't see any way they can be really good going forward like this......this was a play-in team the last two years for a reason, and when one of your main players is going to be 35+ next year you aren't trending up as a play-in team either.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,903

Post#1571 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 pm

Lol
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,734

Post#1572 » by Bishop45 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 pm

Monk, Bam and Fox in the next few years, prolly
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
KingHomer21
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#1573 » by KingHomer21 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 pm

If the front office can figure out the regular season equation (aka preserving Butler/Bam and maintain top seeding), they'll be more than fine next year. There are enough contracts + picks on this roster with good value to swap out for better fits. Even if Donovan Mitchell isn't coming here, build smarter than previous years afforded you to. Butler's game doesn't rely on athleticism as much as he just needs to be healthy and fresh enough for the playoffs to make an impact. He doesn't need to be a 1A definitevely and that's where the roster construction needs to be pivoted to. No more Herro/Lowry reliance, no more gimmicky defensive scheme, no more g league punching up. Build smart around Jimmy/Bam because they're not going anywhere and they're proven.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,166

Post#1574 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Next year is such a pivotal year. We can’t afford to be a play in team. We need to pay out our 2025 pick to OKC that’s top 15 protected or else it becomes unprotected in 2026 and due to Stepien rules the pick we traded to the Hornets which is top 20 protected in 2027 becomes unprotected in 2028.

So our nightmare scenario is us getting the 14 pick next year and then winning the lottery for 2026
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,107

Post#1575 » by AirP. » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 pm

tacosman wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:No way this team is going to tear it down. Like zero percent. Too many reasons and i just broke down the draft ramifications

I 100% agree they won't. And said as much. But they probably should.......honestly it's more realistic for the heat to trend to 35-40 wins in the next season or two than 54+ wins.

Butler will be 35 next season. And 36 the next. Just because *at times* in playoffs 2 years ago and then 4 years ago he played like a much better player than his overall status in the league, doesn't mean it would happen again even if he were 31 and 33 again. And he's not going to be 31 or 33. He's going to be 35 and 36.

Then the rest of the roster outside Bam isn't very good. Herro is not a winning player and has been on the trade block forever(like literally forever) because everyone including the heat know that. Then the rest of the roster just isn't any good.

When Jaime Jasquez(a low ceiling late 1st round draft pick) is getting > 28 mins a game, then that pretty much says it all.

They are going to do what they are going to do, and you're right it almost certainly won't be to tank. But I just don't see any way they can be really good going forward like this......this was a play-in team the last two years for a reason, and when one of your main players is going to be 35+ next year you aren't trending up as a play-in team either.

They'll do what they always do, continue to try to win, develop players, move picks for proven players and try to prepare themselves to get the high-level player they need through trade or free agency. Miami gets interest from some of the highest-level players because of their location and these high-level players know they don't have to worry about the FO pushing them to tank and wasting some of their best seasons.

Just in the last 5 years Miami's had 4 higher level players trying to force their way to Miami, Butler forced his way to Miami, we all know about Lillard trying to force his way to Miami this last off-season, Bradley Beal also tried to get to Miami this last off-season and Miami said no because he wouldn't tear up his no-trade clause and of course Oladipo was pushing to get to Miami for his 3rd contract but was injured early on in his 2nd contract and they screwed up his operation so Miami got damaged goods.

Even if you tank you aren't guaranteed a great player, Maxey was out there for Miami to draft and they went with Precious, they had an offer on the table of multiple 1st for the Winslow's draft position and took Winslow who was good but not what they had hoped for.

All Miami has to tweak to how they conduct themselves as a franchise is to quit overpaying for marginal talent on their roster that just happened to do well in the role Spoelstra put them in. There's a reason why most players that leave Miami never do as well, it's because Spoelstra put them in a position to succeed while other teams just slot them into a role and hope they succeed.

Miami does things the right way and unlike some franchises, is in a great location that players want to go to (hence so many players in the Miami area in the off-season).
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,107

Post#1576 » by AirP. » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 pm

This showed up in my twitter "For You" feed and I thought it was funny.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1577 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran

Post#1578 » by SoFlaKingReal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Source?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,259

Post#1579 » by Wiltside » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:42 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who says that was a legit deal on the table? Heat Twitter runs their mouth about literally everything.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran

Post#1580 » by SoFlaKingReal » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 am

Tank deez nuts....

Return to Miami Heat