ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,465

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1621 » by insfo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm

I just wish these guys would give us a link to check it ourselves instead of just posting screenshots of cherry picked stats.
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 209

Post#1622 » by Voltron914 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm

marson wrote:I've got to give a lot of credit to Bam, might be the best player last night. Hit clutch shots when the Celtics is crawling back, plus the impressive defense on Celtics wings. Gotta keep this up if we want to finish the frauds.

i think what bam is doing in this series is enough to get him the award. Gobert has always been somewhat overrated and Wemby is still young. its just a better script to give it to Bam now and let him get the playoff nba 2k stimmy pack so the refs can swallow their whistles for him like they did with Roy Hibbert back in the day
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,774

Post#1623 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 pm

insfo wrote:I just wish these guys would give us a link to check it ourselves instead of just posting screenshots of cherry picked stats.

Tf do you mean lol? A post showing he has the 2nd most 20-10 games in Heat history is cherry picked and triggered you? :lol:
#FreeBam
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,966

Post#1624 » by dshearn » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:28 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would be curious to see JJJ's numbers on him....noticed JJJ bothered him several times too
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,856

Post#1625 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm

Voltron914 wrote:
marson wrote:I've got to give a lot of credit to Bam, might be the best player last night. Hit clutch shots when the Celtics is crawling back, plus the impressive defense on Celtics wings. Gotta keep this up if we want to finish the frauds.

i think what bam is doing in this series is enough to get him the award. Gobert has always been somewhat overrated and Wemby is still young. its just a better script to give it to Bam now and let him get the playoff nba 2k stimmy pack so the refs can swallow their whistles for him like they did with Roy Hibbert back in the day

I believe, that all these awards should be handed out and voted on after Playoffs are done. I want to see how voting goes, when Player X who is touted #1 on a list goes up against player Y touted #3 and gets anilliated face to face. Just like Coach of the Year award etc, let them prove to you it counts when it mattered. If rookie #5 on the ladder goes up against rookie #1 and shows him up or has overall better series involvement or production showing all the work they put during the season. I think that would be far more true to the context of the final result.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,086

Post#1626 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Voltron914 wrote:

I believe, that all these awards should be handed out and voted on after Playoffs are done. I want to see how voting goes, when Player X who is touted #1 on a list goes up against player Y touted #3 and gets anilliated face to face. Just like Coach of the Year award etc, let them prove to you it counts when it mattered. If rookie #5 on the ladder goes up against rookie #1 and shows him up or has overall better series involvement or production showing all the work they put during the season. I think that would be far more true to the context of the final result.

It's a reward for the season, you could have a dominate defender.... like Wemby this year does not make the playoffs and others would get the benefit of recency bias.

I don't think I've ever seen a 3 on 1 fast break with the 3 offensive players scared to shoot the ball.
Read on Twitter
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#1627 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm

Anyone has Highsmith defensive numbers this series?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,856

Post#1628 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 pm

AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Voltron914 wrote:

It's a reward for the season, you could have a dominate defender.... like Wemby this year does not make the playoffs and others would get the benefit of recency bias.

Therein lies the problem we are to understand that these awards are to go to players on winning teams, is an emphasis of being in the selection. Outside of perhaps rookie of the year, who could be the only one that is best serve to be selected prior to start of playoffs everything should take into account the entire body of work. if your a great defender you get no praise unless your team is a great defensive team usually top 5 defensive teams are playoff bound regardless. Its also allows you to take one last swing at showing what happens when the lights are brightest.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1629 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Therein lies the problem we are to understand that these awards are to go to players on winning teams, is an emphasis of being in the selection. Outside of perhaps rookie of the year, who could be the only one that is best serve to be selected prior to start of playoffs everything should take into account the entire body of work. if your a great defender you get no praise unless your team is a great defensive team usually top 5 defensive teams are playoff bound regardless. Its also allows you to take one last swing at showing what happens when the lights are brightest.

Winning isn't a requirement and there are separate awards for the playoffs.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1630 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 pm

AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Voltron914 wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a 3 on 1 fast break with the 3 offensive players scared to shoot the ball.
Read on Twitter

If your team has a bottom 10 defense and you’re a bottom 5 team in the league you shouldn’t win DPOY point blank period brother
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,067

Post#1631 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

But some Lakers fan on Reddit showed me a breakdown of Bam's and AD's stats, and how AD grabs 2 more rebounds and blocks 1 more shot per game, so clearly AD must be the better defender, right?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1632 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Read on Twitter

If your team has a bottom 10 defense and you’re a bottom 5 team in the league you shouldn’t win DPOY point blank period brother

That had more to do with the quality of his teammates and his coach not even playing a PG for the first half of the season. That should have nothing to do with deciding who is the best defender for the year.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,067

Post#1633 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm

AirP. wrote:Wonder if this will be renamed the Victor Wembanyama Award in 20 years. As great as Bam is on defense, you can't teach size. It's just wrong that Bam never won a DPOTY then again, it's about as wrong as Spoelstra never winning COTY.
Read on Twitter

I'm not sure I've ever seen players this worried about a single defender. His size and athletic ability is crazy.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

My guesstimate is that Wemby will not be able to stay healthy enough to have the longevity for an award to be named after him.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1634 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:Wonder if this will be renamed the Victor Wembanyama Award in 20 years. As great as Bam is on defense, you can't teach size. It's just wrong that Bam never won a DPOTY then again, it's about as wrong as Spoelstra never winning COTY.
Read on Twitter

I'm not sure I've ever seen players this worried about a single defender. His size and athletic ability is crazy.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

My guesstimate is that Wemby will not be able to stay healthy enough to have the longevity for an award to be named after him.

Wemby knows the history of big guys and injuries and has been doing maintenance on himself to try to stop injuries happening to him. He's probably going the LeBron route to try to keep himself in the best physical state, I remember the stories early on in LeBron's career about him spending over a million a year on upkeep of his body to have as long of a career as he could have.

He's an upgraded version of what Ralph Sampson was supposed to be.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,901

Post#1635 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm

AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Voltron914 wrote:

Read on Twitter

C'mon I know you've been watching heat games this season so you've definitely seen worse fumbled fast break looks. THey scored within 3 seconds of the video ending
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#1636 » by Pokuokic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm

Bam should win it but thus far in the playoffs Rudy for the first time ever has actually locked up guys like KD on switches this might be the first time ever he "might" deserve it. But him winning 4 is just beyond dumb he should have never got the other 3.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1637 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 pm

AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:It's a reward for the season, you could have a dominate defender.... like Wemby this year does not make the playoffs and others would get the benefit of recency bias.

Winning isn't a requirement and there are separate awards for the playoffs.

The fact that the playoff game is inherently different in gear and style AND is infinitely more important for the ultimate goal of the competitive sport has me thinking it should impact these awards. But, therein lies the dilemma of being a Bam supporter.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1638 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm

carnageta wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Legitimately built different

greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1639 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 pm

Pokuokic wrote:Bam should win it but thus far in the playoffs Rudy for the first time ever has actually locked up guys like KD on switches this might be the first time ever he "might" deserve it. But him winning 4 is just beyond dumb he should have never got the other 3.

We need to keep fighting the Gobert narratives:

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1640 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:It's a reward for the season, you could have a dominate defender.... like Wemby this year does not make the playoffs and others would get the benefit of recency bias.

Read on Twitter

That had more to do with the quality of his teammates and his coach not even playing a PG for the first half of the season. That should have nothing to do with deciding who is the best defender for the year.

Completely disagree, how many DPOYs had a bottom 10 defense in NBA history? How many were on a bottom 5 team? How many had both?

He’ll get 2nd because of clout and stocks
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat