ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1921 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:42 pm

gom wrote:Does anyone still think it was a great idea to trade Lowry & our pick for Rozier?

For Mickey, hell yeah, saved a ton of money out of the 2nd apron and Herro not getting the incentive made sure of it.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 380

Post#1922 » by jbsays » Wed May 1, 2024 3:45 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

They don’t want Mitchell, they’re going after Booker. We’re getting Mitchell AND KD

How? KD almost seems more likely, although I guess the entire "trading within your own conference" thing has kind of gone out the window.

I just don't see how Heat can get either KD or Mitchell while keeping Bam and Jimmy. Herro is a worse version of Mitchell and plays same position as Booker and Beal. Maybe a 3 team deal?

Plus, Jimmy's been injured last two playoffs so maybe he is not even the guy you want to keep??? Although I don't see the Heat trading him.

I know Riley could care less about young guys, but I see them trying to hang on to Jacquez and Jovic just because they need some guys with talent on cheaper rookie deals instead of undrafted guys like Highsmith and Msrtin. Although maybe the figure they can still find a few more since Strus, Vincent, Martin, Highsmith worked out.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#1923 » by dubasilva » Wed May 1, 2024 3:45 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Would you all prefer to trade 2 1sts, Jovic or JJJ and a 1st, or JJJ and Jovic while keeping our 1sts for Mitchell?

If we get Mitchel, 2 1sts.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,050

Post#1924 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:45 pm

gom wrote:Does anyone still think it was a great idea to trade Lowry & our pick for Rozier?

Thanks to injury we’ll never know, I feel very confident at full health we’d beat the Celtics (I’m not impressed) and run through the East. Who knows what happens in the finals
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1925 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 pm

Is it safe to assume that we almost got the prime years of the Superstars who played here?

Zo
Timmy
Bron
Wade
Bosh
Jimmy

Not sure if Heat were able to get their prime years out of Zo (kidney disease) and Tim since I'm too young to remember that era.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,963

Post#1926 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:49 pm

Small sample size but I dont believe his game meshes with two guys who are not really natural scorers. Its why I kind of laugh when pie in the sky scenarios like LeBron come up, he turns everyone into a spot up shooter with his on ball dominance and Rozier, Jimmy, Bam are diametrically opposed to that style of play.

Mitchell is another funny one with some of the packages that get tossed around. You cant compete in June with a sub-6’3 backcourt, so Rozier would almost certainly have to be traded or reduced to a bench role.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1927 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:50 pm

jbsays wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

They don’t want Mitchell, they’re going after Booker. We’re getting Mitchell AND KD

How? KD almost seems more likely, although I guess the entire "trading within your own conference" thing has kind of gone out the window.

I just don't see how Heat can get either KD or Mitchell while keeping Bam and Jimmy. Herro is a worse version of Mitchell and plays same position as Booker and Beal. Maybe a 3 team deal?

Plus, Jimmy's been injured last two playoffs so maybe he is not even the guy you want to keep??? Although I don't see the Heat trading him.

I know Riley could care less about young guys, but I see them trying to hang on to Jacquez and Jovic just because they need some guys with talent on cheaper rookie deals instead of undrafted guys like Highsmith and Msrtin. Although maybe the figure they can still find a few more since Strus, Vincent, Martin, Highsmith worked out.

Heat out: Herro, Rozier, Jaime, Jovic, Duncan, martin sign and trade or opt in trade works money wise

Heat in: Mitchell and KD

Fill the roster out with vets on the minimum.

I’m just trolling, 1 of them is definitely doable though
#FreeBam
jbsays
Junior

Post#1928 » by jbsays » Wed May 1, 2024 3:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
jbsays wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heat out: Herro, Rozier, Jaime, Jovic, Duncan, martin sign and trade or opt in trade works money wise

Heat in: Mitchell and KD

Fill the roster out with vets on the minimum.

I’m just trolling, 1 of them is definitely doable though

I could see one of them working out, but I still think Suns and Cavs will get better offers.
Timantha
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,627

Post#1929 » by Timantha » Wed May 1, 2024 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Can't wait to run it back while the Magic or Philly get Paul George :)
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#1930 » by dubasilva » Wed May 1, 2024 3:54 pm

marson wrote:One thing is for sure though Bam durability >>>>>> Embiid's durability

Maybe he needs to lose some weight and go through the Heat conditioning program. :D
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1931 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:54 pm

Timantha wrote:
Read on Twitter

WE HAVE ENOUGH!!!
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1932 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:55 pm

dubasilva wrote:
marson wrote:One thing is for sure though Bam durability >>>>>> Embiid's durability

Maybe he needs to lose some weight and go through the Heat conditioning program. :D

I see what you did there :cry:
jbsays
Junior

Post#1933 » by jbsays » Wed May 1, 2024 3:59 pm

marson wrote:Is it safe to assume that we almost got the prime years of the Superstars who played here?

Zo
Timmy
Bron
Wade
Bosh
Jimmy

Not sure if Heat were able to get their prime years out of Zo (kidney disease) and Tim since I'm too young to remember that era.

All of them except probably Hardaway. If I recall correctly, he had a knee injury with the Warriors and missed an entire year.

Zo's best years were definitely with the Heat. Just looked it up and he was only 25 when he came to Miami. His prime was cut short due the kidney issue. He was younger than guys like Olajuwon, Ewing, and David Robinson. When they started getting older you could argue Zo was second best center in the league behind Shaq (same draft class as Zo).

Lebron is kind of harder because his prime was so long.
jbsays
Junior

Post#1934 » by jbsays » Wed May 1, 2024 4:02 pm

How does Paul George make any sense for the Magic? He plays some position as Paolo, Franz, and Isaac. Paolo and Franz might be the best young front court in the leasgue.

Magic need a better playmaking guard next to Suggs in the backcourt and I think could use an upgrade over Carter at center.

Also saw Klay Thompson to the Magic... that would be horrible unless he comes cheap.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1935 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 4:06 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Timantha wrote:
Read on Twitter

WE HAVE ENOUGH!!!

Read on Twitter

See, told you!!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1936 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,723

Post#1937 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 1, 2024 4:08 pm

Got to keep the winning mindset, no matter what. Instill confidence.

If our shooters get hot, we have enough. Theyve done it one game this series. We need guys to clear their minds.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#1938 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 4:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Timantha wrote:
Read on Twitter

WE HAVE ENOUGH!!!

Read on Twitter

See, told you!!

While the rest of us think this is downright comical at this point, he is absolutely serious about this in his heart.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,984

Post#1939 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 1, 2024 4:23 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Phoenix would trade Beal first, then KD before they even entertained trading Booker. So no, the Knicks are not getting Booker. It would have to be astronomical for Phoenix to entertain such a thing, KD would immediately ask out and so would Beal. Which means this triggers an absolute reset for Phoenix.

The moment this does not pan out and it will be a quick decision its not going to be lingering around, Phoenix will get one of WOJ or Shams to tell NBA landscape their hanging up the phone if the call is for Booker. Knicks will turn their eyes onto the next best available whom ever that maybe.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#1940 » by ZoStrong » Wed May 1, 2024 4:32 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Would you all prefer to trade 2 1sts, Jovic or JJJ and a 1st, or JJJ and Jovic while keeping our 1sts for Mitchell?

Wouldn't you say both Jaquez n Jovic are worth a top ten 10 if we redo the drafts? I rather keep young talents than unknown picks always.

And if I must choose one between the two, I'd choose Jovic even tho Jaquez was better this year. Jovic younger, better outside shooting, and u can't teach height, and God knows we needs some heights here, lol

Return to Miami Heat