ImageImageImage

Game 4: Boston Celtics @ Miami Heat - Monday, April 29 @ 7pm est

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,815

Re: Game 4: Boston Celtics @ Miami Heat - Monday, April 29 @ 7pm est 

Post#661 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:49 am

This summer Beal, Trae, Brandon Ingram and likely a few more scorers will be available. Don't think we should turn up our nose at whoever is in the air like it is assumed that we did with Kyrie/Harden
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Post#662 » by marson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:57 am

I give up our haul for Donovan only. Dame is too old
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,821

Post#663 » by Chalm Down » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 am

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:Phook it, hope Iggie materializes from the shadow realm and posts next gt, whats the worst that could happen

Unfortunately, Iggie's time has passed. Legend.

Heat forum HOF.

We need a virtual statue of his L's out on the front page of RealGM, a true soldier that predated AI identity-subterfuge and could curse an entire franchise into indefinite damnation

Also a closeted Beno fan imho
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#664 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:06 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Unfortunately, Iggie's time has passed. Legend.

Heat forum HOF.

We need a virtual statue of his L's out on the front page of RealGM, a true soldier that predated AI identity-subterfuge and could curse an entire franchise into indefinite damnation

There was a new Beno fan account made recently, I've got my eye on him

Rest in Power Chadwick

Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#665 » by Daffy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:15 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Daffy wrote:
Don't do this man. Not yet at least. I need something to keep me going. Something to keep that fire burning!!!

Probably a better chance at getting Dame. Possible Bucks just give Dame what he wanted all along and sends him to Miami for Milwaukee’s own Tyler Herro.

This is a definite possibility I’ve mentioned a couple times this season. They didn’t give up a ton to get him anyways, now we can get him discounted maybe

I dunno man. They might all look at it and say "We were injured. What if we give it another shot and hope for better health."
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#666 » by Daffy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 am

Bishop45 wrote:This summer Beal, Trae, Brandon Ingram and likely a few more scorers will be available. Don't think we should turn up our nose at whoever is in the air like it is assumed that we did with Kyrie/Harden

Brandon Ingram definitely isn't that guy and I've been open to all the other scorers.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#667 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 am

Daffy wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:This summer Beal, Trae, Brandon Ingram and likely a few more scorers will be available. Don't think we should turn up our nose at whoever is in the air like it is assumed that we did with Kyrie/Harden

Brandon Ingram definitely isn't that guy and I've been open to all the other scorers.

I’m triggered enough to open the discussion to Derozan, all naysayers should tread lightly…

Rest in Power Chadwick

Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#668 » by Enso » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Daffy wrote:

I’m triggered enough to open the discussion to Derozan, all naysayers should tread lightly…

Nay I say
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#669 » by Enso » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

Where has Iggie gone fr? lol that curse was strong , where ppl would strategize gt posting time to avoid him posting first. Was hilarious lol along with his posting in general
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,828

Post#670 » by powerball1373 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 am

Lmao celts fans are all triggered by my injury wishing posts, as expected, quoting on the general board like I give a shiiiiiiiiiid :lol:
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,821

Post#671 » by Chalm Down » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

There was a new Beno fan account made recently, I've got my eye on him

Speaking of Beno, my one and only wishlist item for this offseason would be an honest to goodness, salt of the earth, pure point guard
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Post#672 » by marson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:49 am

powerball1373 wrote:Lmao celts fans are all triggered by my injury wishing posts, as expected, quoting on the general board like I give a shiiiiiiiiiid :lol:

Careful bruh :lol: GB admins can terminate your account sometimes with no warnings :lol:
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#673 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:29 am

HEAT in 7.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,535

Post#674 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:14 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Daffy wrote:
Don't do this man. Not yet at least. I need something to keep me going. Something to keep that fire burning!!!

Probably a better chance at getting Dame. Possible Bucks just give Dame what he wanted all along and sends him to Miami for Milwaukee’s own Tyler Herro.

This is a definite possibility I’ve mentioned a couple times this season. They didn’t give up a ton to get him anyways, now we can get him discounted maybe

Herro and Duncan for Dame is basically an even money swap. Think we even save 2 mil
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,059

Post#675 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Probably a better chance at getting Dame. Possible Bucks just give Dame what he wanted all along and sends him to Miami for Milwaukee’s own Tyler Herro.

Herro and Duncan for Dame is basically an even money swap. Think we even save 2 mil

That would be wild if we were able to keep Rozier, the young guys, and picks while getting Dame. Would open alot of opportunities
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,199

Post#676 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Probably a better chance at getting Dame. Possible Bucks just give Dame what he wanted all along and sends him to Miami for Milwaukee’s own Tyler Herro.

That's beyond wishful thinking. More realistically they hang up the phone laughing on us and then block our front office number.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#677 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,535

Post#678 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

That's beyond wishful thinking. More realistically they hang up the phone laughing on us and then block our front office number.

Might be a circumstance were this may be the best available offer for a player on a monster contract who's unhappy in his situation and may be best just to get whatever you can for him. Tyler Herro is still young and he's from there so he could be viewed as a feel good acquisition . Duncan is just as salary filler who will be expiring the following year. Keep in mind Lillard is also going into his age 34 year. They would be getting a player 10 years younger on a much better contract.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,059

Post#679 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:25 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro and Duncan for Dame is basically an even money swap. Think we even save 2 mil

Might be a circumstance were this may be the best available offer for a player on a monster contract who's unhappy in his situation and may be best just to get whatever you can for him. Tyler Herro is still young and he's from there so he could be viewed as a feel good acquisition . Duncan is just as salary filler who will be expiring the following year. Keep in mind Lillard is also going into his age 34 year. They would be getting a player 10 years younger on a much better contract.

Regardless we’ve got to get a high level guard this summer that’s a 3 level scorer, Dame, Mitchell, Trae, Fox; whoever. Someone is needed and it needs to be someone that will actually be available to play to help Bam get us good playoff seeding while Jimmy rest/coasts all season. Jimmy put us in the position we’re in right now and it’s only going to get worse with age.
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,199

Post#680 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro and Duncan for Dame is basically an even money swap. Think we even save 2 mil

Think about it, if thats the best offer they are better off keeping him. He is still playing at a high level and single handedly won a playoff game for them. Remember he won't go burning down whatever is left of his reputation and he is playing hard so it's really hard to see any way he is traded here, especially for a an offer centered around Herro. That not even mentioning we are rivals, in the same conference etc, if they do decide to finally trade him, it will be to the West.

As for getting a level 3 scorer we just dont have the assets to get that done without trading Bam and then what's the point. Terry doesn't have much value, the same with Herro, same with Duncan. Jimmy is worth more to us than what he can get in a trade. Our only real value players are Bam, JJJ and to an extent Jokic. So many teams can beat our best offer without even trying, It's frustrating to be honest.

Return to Miami Heat