ImageImageImage

Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,529

Re: Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game 

Post#581 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 2:06 am

We don’t have assets for star type moves but we can certainly make moves for better fits and to change the philosophy around Bam and Butler. Key #1 is getting a real PF and also having a backup to that PF. Jovic if not traded and another stretch rugged fill in kinda in the mold of Tucker or Crowder. Maybe it’s Royce O’Neale or Tristan da Silva via draft. Need a defensive athletic Center to keep things honest when Bam is out. SF between Butler and JJJ is good. Play them both some minutes at the two instead of forcing them into small ball 4 lineups. Rozier is perfectly fine as our starting PG. I really like Delon Wright so i hope he comes back on minimum. Draft developmental prospect to work in as third PG.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,047

Post#582 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:07 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#583 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 2:08 am

nma305 wrote:I know most would want to admit this but it may be time to blow it and start drafting some potential franchise players.

This team had their run and the front office failed them by not upgrading the roster.

Jimmy is old and injury prone, and he is only getting older by the day.
I like JJJ and Jovic but they are not all stars. Bam is great as a third or fourth option. Tyler is a good 6th man.

But at this point the run is over!

If they blow it up then you gift wrap potential lottery picks to OKC in 2026 and 2028 to the Hornets. They need to continue to soft rebuild around Bam and Butler.
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#584 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 2:08 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:We don’t have assets for star type moves but we can certainly make moves for better fits and to change of the philosophy around Bam and Butler. Key #1 is getting a real PF and also having a backup to that PF. Jovic if not traded and another stretch rugged fill in kinda in the mold of Tucker or Crowder. Maybe it’s Royce O’Neale or Tristan da Silvs via draft. Need a defensive athletic Center to keep things honest when Bam is out. SF between Butler and JJJ is good. Play them both some minutes at the two instead of forcing them into small ball 4 lineups. Rozier is perfectly fine as our starting PG. I really like Delon Wright so i hope he comes back on minimum. Draft developmental prospect to work in as third PG.

Marinate in this loss a bit Panada, tmrws another day for roster speculation :lol:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,407

Post#585 » by Heat3 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:09 am

Herro only reason Heat even won a game. Bam put up consistent numbers but that’s exactly what the Celtics wanted. Go put up your little mid range fade away while we shoot threes :lol:

Maybe Spo stops trying to make Herro a PG and get a real one. But Spo is stubborn. He loves his out of position players.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,721

Post#586 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:09 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

My eyes!
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#587 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 2:09 am

Enso wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:We don’t have assets for star type moves but we can certainly make moves for better fits and to change of the philosophy around Bam and Butler. Key #1 is getting a real PF and also having a backup to that PF. Jovic if not traded and another stretch rugged fill in kinda in the mold of Tucker or Crowder. Maybe it’s Royce O’Neale or Tristan da Silvs via draft. Need a defensive athletic Center to keep things honest when Bam is out. SF between Butler and JJJ is good. Play them both some minutes at the two instead of forcing them into small ball 4 lineups. Rozier is perfectly fine as our starting PG. I really like Delon Wright so i hope he comes back on minimum. Draft developmental prospect to work in as third PG.

Marinate in this loss a bit Panada, tmrws another day for roster speculation :lol:

:lol:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:10 am

Hey guys, who we picking in the draft?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#589 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:10 am

Honestly if we can’t bring in an all star then we may need to look at deeper moves or it’s going to be the same thing next year
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,173

Post#590 » by eddieheatfan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:11 am

DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

My eyes!
lets see what type of bull riley comes up with at the presser this offseason
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#591 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:11 am

DayofMourning wrote:Hey guys, who we picking in the draft?

Whoever the Cavs tell us to get!!
#FreeBam
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,234

Post#592 » by WD » Thu May 2, 2024 2:11 am

Sometimes things just run their course. Someone said earlier that this is a gimmick team, I agree. The gimmick has grown stale.
#HEATLifer
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#593 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:12 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

My eyes!
lets see what type of bull riley comes up with at the presser this offseason

He better have that dynamite ready! Fix it Pat!
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#594 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 2:13 am

Bronny
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#595 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:13 am

WD wrote:Sometimes things just run their course. Someone said earlier that this is a gimmick team, I agree. The gimmick has grown stale.

That was me WD! Good to see ya!
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#596 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 2:13 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Honestly if we can’t bring in an all star then we may need to look at deeper moves or it’s going to be the same thing next year

Durant might be a last gasp.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:13 am

Enso wrote:

Bronny

Oh chit. Bron finna git us a rang.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,875

Post#598 » by marson » Thu May 2, 2024 2:14 am

Heat3 wrote:Herro only reason Heat even won a game. Bam put up consistent numbers but that’s exactly what the Celtics wanted. Go put up your little mid range fade away while we shoot threes :lol:

Maybe Spo stops trying to make Herro a PG and get a real one. But Spo is stubborn. He loves his out of position players.

Got abused defensively.

He is a black hole on the defense. He should watch Steph Curry old tapes to improve.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#600 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:15 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Whoever the Cavs tell us to get!!

Listen man. If we dont blow this phucker up from the floor up........I want you to get Donovan. I want you to be happy.

Return to Miami Heat