ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,646

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#421 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 3, 2024 6:00 pm

EMC5466 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=rv05ze1KDrOvRX51VQ2elA

Won't happen. It's not how Riley rolls.

We need to keep Jimmy and Bam, Nail the #15 pick, Trade Herro, Push JJJ and Jovic's development, Give Terry the keys to the offense, get bigger, change the offense.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,540

Post#422 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 6:07 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
EMC5466 wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need to keep Jimmy and Bam, Nail the #15 pick, Trade Herro, Push JJJ and Jovic's development, Give Terry the keys to the offense, get bigger, change the offense.

This is the plan right here
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,062

Post#423 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 6:16 pm

Jimmy and Herro should’ve done exit interviews.
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#424 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Come back for the J Rich deal
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,988

Post#425 » by IceColdCubano » Fri May 3, 2024 6:23 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
EMC5466 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Keeping Jimmy and Bam - Absolutely if you can put a 1A star beside them? do we have the Assets to go get one? This star has to take up the mantle to give us the scoring output that will be missing during the regular season when Jimmy is not playing or playing half azzed whilst also outproducing Herro whom I guess would be the guy traded here.

Nail the #15 pick - That is the hope, never guaranteed, just on odds, of how well they have done the last 2 years, bound for us to strike out in miss on this pick, could be better to trade it during draft day for a pick in later year or multiple seconds that don't have salary holds on this years Apron.

Trade Herro - I think we all agree on this premise, however the result is what can we get from him, if his value is so low that adding 2 FRP's and young players can't get you the star needed, then maybe at a minimum get 2 players in return that can be more efficient and better role players than what we have.

JJJ & Jovics development - I think this goes without saying, but both those guys should improve, just like every other good draft pick will improve for their team, where this gets interesting is how much they improve, are the jumps significant. Involving them more in the offense if we strike out in a star, could be the only saving grace this season for us if were in the playing games again by end of season.

Terry having the keys to offense - The stats to date don't favor Terry in our offense yet, he was given the keys to the offense, he hasn't found a way to be effective the moment the ball leaves his hands is the problem, which is common with small guards who sit on the corner and don't screen/cut/or roll to the basket, learning the sets should improve this somewhat in a full training camp, but that would mean taking the ball away from Jimmy and watching Jimmy's initiate less, which will continue to diminish his impact on the games, and we fall right back to why are we going to be paying him a massive extension again?

Getting Bigger - Absolutely, maybe in the draft, maybe some vets off the cheap, maybe a mid season acquisition or guy off waivers, maybe from a trade, however big man are a commodity that if skilled cost a lot to get a hold of one, Its where you hope the Herro trade leads to if we don't get a star level player there is some big man depth from that trade.

The offense - Its not gonna change much, our offense is our offense unless we get a culture changer, a top 10 player here the offense is the offense, as long as you have mediocre scoring players spread across the lineup, it will continue to be equal opportunity scoring with just mirage of attempts given to the higher dollar players. If you get a Durant, Luka, Mitchell, Irvin, esq type scorers then the offense will adjust to them. We don't have those archetype of players to change how we initiate scoring here. Even an aggressive Jimmy is a half court mismatch hunter which is mirror image to Spo's offensive attack.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,219

Post#426 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 6:23 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Butler to PHX?

Sure? I was thinking more about getting Martin to opt in early to trade him for N.Little and this year's 1st round pick rights(they'd have to pick for Miami). The reason why Martin might opt in (early even) is because he could get overpaid to stay in Phoenix after this season since they have very few options to acquire talent.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,988

Post#427 » by IceColdCubano » Fri May 3, 2024 6:26 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Jimmy and Herro should’ve done exit interviews.

Jimmy is probably pissed at the attacks on social media about him being washed, and his upcoming extension and wanted zero part of dealing with those questions.

After OG's ESPN interview and Herro's performance doubtful he wanted any smoke today.

Rozier probably feels like he doesn't ow us anything since he has been hurt and was a mid season acquisition, what is he going to say about the future when he barely knows anything about what is going to happen as of now or the outlook of the team, hes probably hella bummed out about not being available to play, or perhaps pissed if he felt ready to go, and Miami said no.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#428 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 6:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Butler to PHX?

Sure? I was thinking more about getting Martin to opt in early to trade him for N.Little and this year's 1st round pick rights(they'd have to pick for Miami). The reason why Martin might opt in (early even) is because he could get overpaid to stay in Phoenix after this season since they have very few options to acquire talent.

Martin not opting in but a S&T is definitely going to be in the works this offseason.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,566

Post#429 » by Slot Machine » Fri May 3, 2024 6:36 pm

Giving Butler the extension he is looking for is extremely unwise. If he’s down to play out his contract and not be a malcontent, I’m okay with that. But if he’s going to really start pushing for that extension, he needs to go.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 588

Post#430 » by Lennyzinho » Fri May 3, 2024 6:47 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
oreon wrote:
Read on Twitter

This makes sense for both teams. Butler can go to Philly and get that max extension he's looking for. Miami can get 3 1st round picks and dump Butler's contract. That would give us additional assets to either rebuild around Bam or bottom out.
I think its just too risky to extend Butler with how he looked last year. And if you don't Butler won't sit down quietly. This is a possible out for both parties.

Philly could route them picks elsewhere for us, we keep our young dudes in Jovic and JJJ perhaps make cleveland the third team, take on Mitchell. We now have Herro plus our picks and JJJ & Jovic to make another trade to for either a third star or multiple players to support a Rozier, Donovan, Player X, Player X, Bam. Use Herro/Duncan and assets to go get that SF & PF.

Only if we use our MLE on Tobias Harris.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,199

Post#431 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 3, 2024 6:51 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Butler to PHX?

Martin not opting in but a S&T is definitely going to be in the works this offseason.

Problem with a S&T is that we would be taking back salary in which we are already paying the tax. Thats something to consider, if team X can sign him out right, no need for a trade.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#432 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 6:58 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Butler to PHX?

I was higher on Martin last year, this year not so much and he didn't have big enough offers last year to leave Miami at ~7 mil on a 1-1 and that's after having a great ECFs so I'm not sure the money is going to be out there for him. Why would teams offer him more money than last year without seeing any hint of that ECF version of himself. I almost fear him opting out and Miami extending him on more money even though Jovic and Jaquez Jr should have pasted him in the rotation. So as of now he should be no higher than the 8th man in the rotation.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#433 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 6:59 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:Sure? I was thinking more about getting Martin to opt in early to trade him for N.Little and this year's 1st round pick rights(they'd have to pick for Miami). The reason why Martin might opt in (early even) is because he could get overpaid to stay in Phoenix after this season since they have very few options to acquire talent.

Problem with a S&T is that we would be taking back salary in which we are already paying the tax. Thats something to consider, if team X can sign him out right, no need for a trade.

He's a younger player but I would think maybe you try to send him with a 2nd round pick to someone with cap space or use him as filler for another trade.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#434 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 7:01 pm

This was what Butler was working towards his first 3 years in Chicago.
Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,062

Post#435 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 588

Post#436 » by Lennyzinho » Fri May 3, 2024 7:12 pm

Butler isn't going anywhere.

Rozier needs to start with a defensive first guard like a haywood or delon. Herro trade or 6th man.

Draft size like Ware or DaSilva or Edey (trust heat will have a plan). Guards are fine with rozier delon jrich Duncan and 2nd round pick.

Sign better minimum players like Kelly oubre instead of dudes that can't dribble like haywood.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#437 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol. Niko already in Cancun
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,738

Post#438 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Fri May 3, 2024 7:25 pm

This is going to be a long offseason
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,790

Post#439 » by Rapaz » Fri May 3, 2024 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter

We better start singing Be Still, My Soul.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,992

Post#440 » by KingDavid » Fri May 3, 2024 7:40 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
EMC5466 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like this is the ideal path. I'd keep Herro on the bench and while I don't like the idea of paying a 6th man 30 mill per or whatever his contract is (4-5 million per year away from the max he qualified for at the time), moving him would cost us quite a bit after his terrible showing this playoffs. He's young so hopefully he can continue improving, but he has some rough hurdles to climb.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat