ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,963

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:29 am

Let the games begin
Kobewade11
General Manager

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#2 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:34 am

Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,328

Post#3 » by Wiltside » Thu May 2, 2024 2:38 am

Hello darkness my old friend
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#4 » by insfo » Thu May 2, 2024 2:41 am

Too soon!!
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#5 » by Wiltside » Thu May 2, 2024 3:44 am

My view? I think we roll the dice on trying to convince old man Bron or KD and try align the timeline with 2026.

Bron probably has more leverage, so arguably could be the better bet. Would be a nice final act to come back and make amends in SoBe and try steal another with Spo before hanging up the boots.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#6 » by Hoops3355 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:07 am

Well I'm pretty content give the giant cluster **** of healthy issues we had. Young guys looked good and there's some really easy things that they can work on this summer to elevate their games. JJJ getting that 3 ball coming out of PNR/Corner for example opens up his game nicely. Jovic I'm sure already has his homework as he's been going through it all season on the defensive side of the game much improved (growth was nice boys).

I think everyone is in for another offseason disappointment. We're in no man's land with assets and Jimmy's contract. Riley and Co are on the 2026 game plan. MLE should allow us to fix the lack of rotational big next to Bam and Jovic. We'll probably make couple of smaller moves. Anyone know what Duncan's partial is for that final season?

Overall fun season for a down year. Gonna be watching the Wolves and Thunder and casting black magic towards Boston, NYK, and Bucks.
Miami / Chicago / London
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Post#7 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 4:14 am

Wiltside wrote:My view? I think we roll the dice on trying to convince old man Bron or KD and try align the timeline with 2026.

Bron probably has more leverage, so arguably could be the better bet. Would be a nice final act to come back and make amends in SoBe and try steal another with Spo before hanging up the boots.

I don't know why, but I feel like Lebron is exactly on the same page with you. I think he wants to make amends with Riley and the Heat and retire here, while also getting us to mentor Bronny perhaps. What better than the Heat system.

However, I don't want him here, and I don't think Riley would be open to that either.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,173

Post#8 » by eddieheatfan » Thu May 2, 2024 4:30 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
fire them all :banghead:
Phinsoverpats
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,763

Post#9 » by Phinsoverpats » Thu May 2, 2024 5:44 am

I hope they learned their lesson. Gotta take the regular season seriously. Please no more emo jimmy
K N U C K L E S
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#10 » by K N U C K L E S » Thu May 2, 2024 6:52 am

Hoops3355 wrote:I think everyone is in for another offseason disappointment. We're in no man's land with assets and Jimmy's contract. Riley and Co are on the 2026 game plan. MLE should allow us to fix the lack of rotational big next to Bam and Jovic. We'll probably make couple of smaller moves. Anyone know what Duncan's partial is for that final season?
We've been spoiled. 7 finals in the last 18 years. The Heat are the Brady era Patriots of the NBA. So we're due to have a down season or 2. The Panthers will tide us over while we're going through it. And the Dolphins too, hopefully.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,644

Post#11 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu May 2, 2024 7:03 am

Long summer ahead fam.

I'll talk in generalities because I think we're limited with our options and might have to settle for our plan D, E or lower due to lack of assets :

1) I want to see us getting back to Heat identity. This means : get bigger across the board, get more athletic, if a player can't defend he better be a superstar scorer to be here. Take games seriously, coasting for regular seasons is just not in our DNA.

2) Get younger. Seeing us relying on the Kevin Love's and Patty Mils's of the world is just too depressing. Get some hungry young lions that might have some upside. We're not contending next year so at least give us something to be excited about.

3) Get an offensive coordinator. This team needs some fresh voices and ideas, watching them play offense has become draining...this game is supposed to be fun.

I'f im being honest - no one should be untouchable. Bam is the closest, but even he isn't really the superstar you can pencil in for the next 10 years. He is Heat culture, so that's a big reason to only trade him if another team wants to overpay for him.

Get bigger, get tougher, get younger, get more creative and dynamic on offense, get more fun.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,644

Post#12 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu May 2, 2024 7:07 am

K N U C K L E S wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:I think everyone is in for another offseason disappointment. We're in no man's land with assets and Jimmy's contract. Riley and Co are on the 2026 game plan. MLE should allow us to fix the lack of rotational big next to Bam and Jovic. We'll probably make couple of smaller moves. Anyone know what Duncan's partial is for that final season?
We've been spoiled. 7 finals in the last 18 years. The Heat are the Brady era Patriots of the NBA. So we're due to have a down season or 2. The Panthers will tide us over while we're going through it. And the Dolphins too, hopefully.

I agree, some down years look unavoidable right now.

The issue is, we own 2 picks that might become unprotected IF we don't play our cards right.

We have to make sure we're timing things correctly, I don't mind a down year or 2 if we get a high lottery talent as a result. But giving up high picks would be a disaster.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,517

Post#13 » by batterybro42 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:19 am

There is only one move that allows us to stay on target for the 2026 timeline, preserving Jamie, Jovic, and Bam

That is the return of LeBron James to Miami

Herro, Robinson, and this years 1st round pick in a sign and trade taking Bronny at 43

Rozier
Butler
James
Jovic
Bam
Jamie

Vet ring chasers liked a Crowder, Love and Pat Bev

This would be option 1 for me if I were Riley, and I’m pulling out all the stops for it. LeBron is a free agent we will get a meeting. It hasn’t made sense for the two to re approach since he left in truth, but the short term goals here are aligned, and an opportunity to win one is available for Riley and LeBron to ride one more out, before turning it over to the next generation.

As far as Bronny is concerned I couldn’t think of a better place for him to develop, and I do think he has skills that could be molded into a Heat type guy. He can be a scrappy defensive guard with a 3 point shot, won’t ever be a star I don’t think but Miami has taken worse talent and helped them stick in this league.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#14 » by Wiltside » Thu May 2, 2024 11:07 am

batterybro42 wrote:There is only one move that allows us to stay on target for the 2026 timeline, preserving Jamie, Jovic, and Bam

That is the return of LeBron James to Miami

Herro, Robinson, and this years 1st round pick in a sign and trade taking Bronny at 43

Rozier
Butler
James
Jovic
Bam
Jamie

Vet ring chasers liked a Crowder, Love and Pat Bev

This would be option 1 for me if I were Riley, and I’m pulling out all the stops for it. LeBron is a free agent we will get a meeting. It hasn’t made sense for the two to re approach since he left in truth, but the short term goals here are aligned, and an opportunity to win one is available for Riley and LeBron to ride one more out, before turning it over to the next generation.

As far as Bronny is concerned I couldn’t think of a better place for him to develop, and I do think he has skills that could be molded into a Heat type guy. He can be a scrappy defensive guard with a 3 point shot, won’t ever be a star I don’t think but Miami has taken worse talent and helped them stick in this league.

I’m with you here. The stars may actually align on this one.

I will say that I’d rather find away to include Caleb on a S&T than include Duncan. Herro has to go for salary matching, but I’d want to retain Duncan and his shooting if possible.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#15 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:13 am

While I understand the thought, the last thing LeBron wants is to hear the narrative that he needed Miami in order to win again. Dude is a master manipulator of the highest order with the ego to match
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,531

Post#16 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 11:23 am

Kobewade11 wrote:While I understand the thought, the last thing LeBron wants is to hear the narrative that he needed Miami in order to win again. Dude is a master manipulator of the highest order with the ego to match

The whole Lebron talk is just so off the wall. Not ever going to happen. He’ll end it with the Cavs before here
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#17 » by Wiltside » Thu May 2, 2024 11:28 am

Kobewade11 wrote:While I understand the thought, the last thing LeBron wants is to hear the narrative that he needed Miami in order to win again. Dude is a master manipulator of the highest order with the ego to match

Eh probably right. But he’s already been vindicated by winning chips in Cleveland and LA.

Might be that both us and LeBron need each other for one final shot.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#18 » by QUIZ » Thu May 2, 2024 11:32 am

Tough seasons brehs but we struggled through. Here’s hoping for a shakeup this offseason
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,531

Post#19 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 11:34 am

Influencers from Heat twitter will pump Lebron talk on X cause it’s polarizing and gets them paid. I really need to start a Heat stan account and start photo shopping Lebron and Mitchell in Heat jersey’s. Start posting old pics of Lebron vacationing in Miami lol
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#20 » by Wiltside » Thu May 2, 2024 11:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Influencers from Heat twitter will pump Lebron talk on X cause it’s polarizing and gets them paid. I really need to start a Heat stan account and start photo shopping Lebron and Mitchell in Heat jersey’s. Start posting old pics of Lebron vacationing in Miami lol

Offseason gonna be almost as unbearable as the actual season MWP.

Return to Miami Heat