ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#81 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:Throwing Shat on the way just for hypotheicals discussion

A system reset, trading Butler and Herro to LA for Bron and fillers like Jalen Hood-Schifino. Makes mends with Bron and Klutch and draft his son in the second round. Allow Bron to play his last year with his son and his contract drops off. Heat gets a good playoff run with Bron, Bam. Jovic, Joquez, Duncan, Rozier and some young players, then Bron contract gives Heat cap relief to make moves. Gives the Heat some positive media. Lakers can make a run with Jimmy and Herro and the rest of their team how they decide to build it around AD.

I don't even like Lebron because of how he handled 2014 with us, but this actually makes the most sense for everyone involved.

I put aside my dislike of a player if it means more glory (ring) for the franchise.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,963

Post#82 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:50 pm

A system reset, trading Butler and Herro to LA for Bron and fillers like Jalen Hood-Schifino. Makes mends with Bron and Klutch and draft his son in the second round. Allow Bron to play his last year with his son and his contract drops off. Heat gets a good playoff run with Bron, Bam. Jovic, Joquez, Duncan, Rozier and some young players, then Bron contract gives Heat cap relief to make moves. Gives the Heat some positive media. Lakers can make a run with Jimmy and Herro and the rest of their team how they decide to build it around AD.

LeBron has built up a lot of equity with AD, he trusts him way more as his second in command than he ever would Bam. This would never happen
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,051

Post#83 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoken like a man who doesn’t respect Spo clearly!
#FreeBam
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#84 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:53 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

LeBron has built up a lot of equity with AD, he trusts him way more as his second in command than he ever would Bam. This would never happen

Lakers have no assets to make any significant trade to fix them. They're done.

and, I'd take Bam over AD.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,986

Post#85 » by IceColdCubano » Thu May 2, 2024 2:54 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
He does respect Spo, greatly.

He purposely bumped SPO in one game, on top of that he wanted the guy fired. Lets put it this way, i respect your takes on Bam as much as Lebron respects SPO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh so you’re just completely out of the loop and haven’t seen a single thing he’s said over the last decade then, I’m not surprised coming from you, you don’t know ball :lol:

Here is my take, I am in the middle of both of yall, I think at one point he did believe this.

I also know Lebron is one of the most intelligent basketball savants from IQ there is.

I also know that Spo is not the same coach today that he was back then.

I can surmise that Spo of today coaching that version of Miami would have not allowed us to falter to Dallas in the playoffs that way we went out. We would be talking about having a 3peat here. It's also possible we wouldn't have failed vs San Antonio either schematically there was a lot of things he could of done differently, he was very contrived in his coaching then.

Players can change their mind about coaches after leaving the organization, they talk to other coaches, players, over the years after leaving that Organization and seeing those changes take place. Lebron also watches a lot of basketball himself, and seeing what Miami has done with such little talent he probably wishes that Spo would have been as polished then as he is now.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,531

Post#86 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 2:56 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

Riley would never do that to Butler. We are going to get a lot more of these pipe dream scenarios in regards to Lebron this offseason and Lebron and his team are going to eat it all up. Every year Miami has egg on it's face in the offseason and it's all media driven. They love it when the fanbase piles on Riley and calls him sleepy Pat.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#87 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:57 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Lakers have no assets to make any significant trade to fix them. They're done.

and, I'd take Bam over AD.

The key part of your post is “I”. You dont know how Klutch mafia operates. They’d be more likely to approach the FO for a swap of Jimmy/Bam for LeBron/AD than to have LeBron headline a return with Bam and freaking Terry Rozier as his running mates.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#88 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:59 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

Riley would never do that to Butler. We are going to get a lot more of these pipe dream scenarios in regards to Lebron this offseason and Lebron and his team are going to eat it all up. Every year Miami has egg on it's face in the offseason and it's all media driven. They love it when the fanbase piles on Riley and calls him sleepy Pat.

I’ll be glad when he announces he is re-upping with the Lakers so all this crap gets put to bed
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#89 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:59 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
He purposely bumped SPO in one game, on top of that he wanted the guy fired. Lets put it this way, i respect your takes on Bam as much as Lebron respects SPO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh so you’re just completely out of the loop and haven’t seen a single thing he’s said over the last decade then, I’m not surprised coming from you, you don’t know ball :lol:

Here is my take, I am in the middle of both of yall, I think at one point he did believe this.

I also know Lebron is one of the most intelligent basketball savants from IQ there is.

I also know that Spo is not the same coach today that he was back then.

I can surmise that Spo of today coaching that version of Miami would have not allowed us to falter to Dallas in the playoffs that way we went out. We would be talking about having a 3peat here. It's also possible we wouldn't have failed vs San Antonio either schematically there was a lot of things he could of done differently, he was very contrived in his coaching then.

Players can change their mind about coaches after leaving the organization, they talk to other coaches, players, over the years after leaving that Organization and seeing those changes take place. Lebron also watches a lot of basketball himself, and seeing what Miami has done with such little talent he probably wishes that Spo would have been as polished then as he is now.

Yep, those are my thoughts too. It's crazy to think Spo has still never won a Coach of the year award. They usually give it to to the team with the most regular season wins... etc.. but.. still crazy. I think the coach of the year award needs to be changed, and awarded AFTER the NBA Conference Finals are concluded.... so everyone can include the playoff coaching in there, which is where coaching really shines anyway.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#90 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 3:02 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

If that's true, that lebron and his crew enjoy the Pat hate.. then I'm not talking about this anymore. What an ingrate (lebron).
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#91 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 3:03 pm

Wouldn't a better story for Lebron be the kid from Akron ending it where it all started with his son Bronny in the same Cavs uniform? That seems like the Hollywood script Lebron would be shooting for. Cavs hold the 20th pick btw
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#92 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 3:05 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

If that's true, that lebron and his crew enjoy the Pat hate.. then I'm not talking about this anymore. What an ingrate (lebron).

I'm not sure if it's all Lebron but it's definitely Rich Paul. Maverick Carter is at least still cordial with Pat but Pat never blamed Mav like he did Paul. Pat till this day probably views Rich Paul as the snake devil and would never want to have a player under his control on the team. Thus 12 years coincidence without discussing anything with a Klutch client since Lebron left.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#93 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 3:10 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275547/Playing-With-Bronny-No-Longer-The-Priority-For-LeBron-James

There's been a lot made about LeBron James desire to play with his son Bronny in the NBA. The elder James once said that was a goal of his before his career ends. Now, it seems like both father and son, and their representatives, are focused on each having success independently.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that after conversations with Rich Paul, he no longer believes that LeBron James is insisting he has to play with Bronny.

"The idea of them playing together is not a priority, it's not foremost, at least any longer, in LeBron James' mind," Wojnarowski reported.

That seems to indicate that LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul will do what's best for him without forcing a team to draft his son in the 2024 NBA Draft.

As for Bronny James, the priority is to get him in the best situation for his own development.

"Rich Paul's goal here in the pre-draft process for Bronny James is to see if there's the right developmental system or organization, a place that can take a young player like Bronny James, who went five months without playing after his heart episode certainly limited him in his season at USC," Wojnarowski said. "If he does go in the draft, he very likely would spend next year in the G League."
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#94 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 3:12 pm

I'm actually glad that they came out with this statement cause forcing a team to over draft Bronny and for Lebron to force his way to that team is such a bad look for Bronny that most in the NBA would clown Bronny at any given moment. Let Bronny work his way up without the help of his dad and earn the respect of the organization that drafts him and his team mates.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,417

Post#95 » by MHeat0279 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:13 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
He does respect Spo, greatly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: what is he supposed to say? I dont respect Spo as a coach in front of the media? Its a complete playground in your head.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#96 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 3:18 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: what is he supposed to say? I dont respect Spo as a coach in front of the media? Its a complete playground in your head.

That’s ironic as fuxk :lol:
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,417

Post#97 » by MHeat0279 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:19 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoken like a man who doesn’t respect Spo clearly!

Again same as with your stats, What is he supposed to say? Do you really think he will tarnish his image by talking crap about an NBA coach? The guy is clearly an egomaniac, he will not burn his image telling the truth. The particular way you have to look at things totally trumps logic.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,986

Post#98 » by IceColdCubano » Thu May 2, 2024 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

For those that need to see stats, this is how bad Jimmy has regressed this season. He was 7th worst in the NBA on drives
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#99 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:19 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I'm not sure if it's all Lebron but it's definitely Rich Paul. Maverick Carter is at least still cordial with Pat but Pat never blamed Mav like he did Paul. Pat till this day probably views Rich Paul as the snake devil and would never want to have a player under his control on the team. Thus 12 years coincidence without discussing anything with a Klutch client since Lebron left.

I dont blame him for thinking that way. LeBron was organizing backdoor meetings with Dan Gilbert and telling Cavaliers players to “get ready”, while RP was sending us on a wild goose chase for players on his client’s wish list. It wasn’t enough to shake hands and declare their intentions, they tried to sabotage us on the way out. Riley and most of the Heat brass from what I hear always maintained that Maverick was the one standup guy out of the bunch. Anyways thats my annual offseason **** rich paul/lebozo post
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#100 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 3:21 pm

Let’s stop speaking in absolutes about the offseason, none of us know what will happen. The most likely outcome is Sleepy Pat remaining in a deep slumber but we’ll see.

What does need to happen around here is some big changes, whether those changes are getting LeBron, KD, Mitchell, Ingram, Trae etc. or taking a step back and sending Jimmy to a contender because the FO has botched our assets and ability to make moves.

Whatever happens just don’t fuxking run it back
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat